Garmin Nuvi Black NuLink 1695 GPS Navigation System - 0100091200
Enjoy the convenience of receiving certain real-time online content on the
go with nüLink! 1695. From fuel prices to Google™ Local Search, you'll be the
first to know with Garmin nüLink! services. The 1695 also includes preloaded
maps, lane assist with junction view, hands-free calling and ecoRoute. Plus
it has nüRoute technology with trafficTrends historical traffic and myTrends
predictive routing to make daily driving even easier.
Travel Like a Local with Garmin nüLink! Services
With Garmin nüLink! services, accurate real-time online information is delivered
wirelessly to your nüLink! 1695. In the U.S., each nüLink! 1695 comes with a
free 1-year nüLink! subscription. After the 1-year period ends, service costs
$60 a year — that’s only $5 a month! With nüLink! services, you’ll get Google™
Local Search to find local points of interest (POIs) and traffic services that
deliver alerts for delays and road construction then automatically guide you
around them in the shortest time. Need fuel? Find up-to-date fuel prices near
your location for regular, mid-grade, premium or diesel. Other convenient services
included in the subscription: Ciao!™ friend finder, weather, movie times, local
events, Send to GPS, flight status, currency converter, White Pages and myGarmin.
See Even More
It's easy to see where you're going on nüLink! 1695's 5" (12.7 cm) touchscreen
display. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant
color. With its big, bold display, you won't miss a thing.
Get Turn-by-turn Directions
nüLink! 1695's intuitive interface greets you with 2 simple options: "Where
To?" and "View Map." Touch the color screen to easily look up addresses and
services and get voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names
to your destination. It comes preloaded with detailed City Navigator® NT street
maps for the U.S, Canada and Mexico, nearly 6 million POIs, 2-D or 3-D maps
and speed limits for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe. Its digital elevation
maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels, giving you a big picture
of the surrounding terrain. And with HotFix® satellite prediction, nüvi calculates
your position faster to get you there quicker.
Experience nüRoute Technology with trafficTrends and myTrends
Smart and good-looking, this uniquely personal navigator comes with advanced
routing capabilities that include trafficTrends and myTrends. There’s no subscription
necessary, no added costs, your nüLink! 1695 just does it.
With trafficTrends, your nüLink! 1695 automatically learns daytime trends for
traffic flow to improve your routes and better predict your estimated time of
arrival based on time of day and day of week. With myTrends, when you save your
regular destinations in your “Favorites,” your nüLink! 1695 will, over time,
begin to figure out where you’re going even without your telling it! It provides
time of arrival and relevant traffic information. So whether you’re driving
to and from work or a regularly scheduled weekly event, your nüLink! 1695 will
help you get there on time.
Know the Lane Before It’s Too Late
No more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Lane
assist with junction view guides you to the correct lane for an approaching
turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. It
realistically displays road signs and junctions on your route along with arrows
that indicate the proper lane for navigation for most metro areas.
Select Fuel-efficient Routes
nüLink! 1695 saves you gas and money with ecoRoute — a green feature that
calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more. With ecoRoute,
you have a “less fuel” option as a routing preference. When selected, the 1695
will determine if a more fuel efficient route exists based upon road speed data
and vehicle acceleration data for a given route.
nüLink! 1695 includes advanced navigation features to take the worry out of
traveling. With route planning you can save 10 routes, specify via points and
preview simulated turns on the 1695's wide screen. In addition, nüLink! 1695
automatically sorts multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for
errands, deliveries or sales calls. It also displays speed limits for highways
and Interstates. A trip log provides an electronic breadcrumb trail of up to
10,000 points, so you can see where you've been on the map.
Make Hands-free Calls
For hands-free calling, nüLink! 1695 integrates Bluetooth® wireless technology
with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth
phone and talk hands-free through the 1695 while staying focused on the road.
Simply dial numbers with nüvi's touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer
calls, just tap the screen and speak. Enjoy convenient 1-touch dialing for contacts
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. "Where Am I?" emergency locator finds the
closest hospitals, police stations, fuel stations, nearest address and intersections.
nüLink! 1695 helps you remember where you parked by automatically marking your
position when you remove it from your car. It also includes travel tools, such
as JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter,
measurement converter and calculator. Photo navigation lets you download pictures
from Garmin Connect™ Photos. The 1695 features Garmin Lock™, an anti-theft feature,
and is compatible with Garmin Garage™ where you can download free vehicles and
voices. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in microSD™ cards.
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (internal speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."):
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands):
- Lane assist (guides you to the proper lane for navigation): yes (with
- trafficTrends™ (calculates routes based on predicted traffic flow):
- myTrends™ (predicts routes based on user's navigation behavior):
- 3-D building view (displays buildings in 3-D): no
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route):
- Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation): yes
- Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road):
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes
- Bluetooth® wireless technology: yes
- Garmin nüLink! Services: (receive accurate real-time travel information):
yes (Google™ local search, traffic, gas prices, safety cameras, Ciao!™, weather,
movie times, local events, Send to GPS, POI ratings, flight status, converter,
White Pages, myGarmin™)
- FM traffic compatible: no (traffic included with nüLink! Services)
- XM® compatible for U.S: no
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads
in the U.S. and Europe): yes
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest
address & intersection): yes
- Garmin Locate™ (marks position when removed from windshield mount):
- ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route) : yes
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest):
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons
to your device): yes
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator: yes
- Picture viewer: yes
- MP3 player: no
- Audio book player: no
- FM transmitter: no
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature): yes
- Touchscreen: yes
- Motorcycle-friendly: no
- Trucking-friendly: no
- Geocaching-friendly: no
- Marine-friendly: no
- nüLink! 1695
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico)
- Free 1-year data subscription to Garmin nüLink!™ services in the U.S.
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- Vehicle power cable
- USB cable
- Dashboard disc
- Quick start manual
Physical & Performance:
- Display size, WxH: 4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5.0" diag (12.7
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 3 hours
- Waterproof: no
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded street maps: yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: no
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 100
- Width: 5.5"
- Height: 2.5"
- Depth: 0.7"
- Unit: 8.2 ounces (231.6 g)
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts
- One-year data subscription to nüLink! services included with purchase of
nüLink! 1695 while offer lasts. nüLink! services only available in select
coverage areas. See the nüLink! coverage map for coverage details. nüLink!
Traffic services are available in select areas. See the nüLink! traffic coverage
map for included areas.
- Not available at all intersections/interchanges in all areas.