Elgato EyeTV HD TV High Definition Video Recorder - 10021040
Watch, record, edit and enjoy cable and satellite television in high-definition with EyeTV HD, a full-featured DVR for your Mac. EyeTV HD is the only solution that gives you full access to all your premium content by connecting your Mac directly to your cable or satellite receiver. EyeTV HD comes with an infrared remote and channel changer cable (“IR blaster”) for automatic control of the receiver.
EyeTV HD features a unique dual-format capture mode which can record in iPad and iPhone formats at the same time. This enables super-fast exports to iTunes from EyeTV.
Premium HD cable and satellite TV on your Mac
EyeTV HD is a full-featured DVR that captures television from your cable or satellite receiver and delivers it live to your Mac in full HD. If you have a premium package of cable channels, or have satellite TV, then you must use the receiver provided by your cable or satellite company to be able to view all your channels. EyeTV HD is the only solution that gives you full access to all that premium content by connecting your Mac directly to your cable or satellite receiver. It includes an infrared remote and channel changer cable ("IR blaster") for automatic control of the receiver.
Unique dual-format capture mode
EyeTV HD has a unique dual-format capture mode that enables you to record in the iPad and iPhone formats at the same time. This enables super-fast exports to iTunes from EyeTV.
EyeTV HD is very easy to setup and use; simply connect EyeTV HD to the outputs of your cable or satellite receiver with the included component cables, and to your computer via USB. Then position the included infrared channel changer cable nearby. The EyeTV software setup assistant takes you through a simple configuration process and in just a few minutes you'll be enjoying all your premium content like never before.
Superb quality digital TV recordings
EyeTV HD records in the pristine H.264 format for a crystal clear, high-definition digital picture. The H.264 format delivers beautiful image quality and a superb compression ratio, which produces smaller file size when compared to MPEG-2 recordings. H.264 can match the best possible MPEG-2 quality at up to half the data rate.
Archive your recordings
EyeTV HD comes with Toast Basic disc-burning software so you can archive your favorite movies and TV shows and save space on your hard drive.
EyeTV HD comes with EyeTV 3, the award-winning TV software for Mac. Watch, pause, and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search the Program Guide using multiple criteria
- Record one show or the entire season of a TV series
- Edit unwanted content and create clips from your recordings
- Export recordings to iTunes automatically for playback on an iPhone or iPad
- Share recordings with other Macs on your network
- Stream live or recorded TV to an iPhone with the optional EyeTV app.
Capture HD and SD video from a camcorder or VCR
EyeTV HD can capture video from analog and digital sources such as a VCR or a camcorder. EyeTV HD includes component inputs for HD sources, as well as S-video and composite inputs for standard definition sources. Simply connect the video source to your computer using the included breakout cable or video cable, then watch and even record the picture on your computer as an EyeTV recording.
- Captures premium television content in full HD from cable and satellite receivers
- Records in pristine H.264 format for a crystal clear digital picture
- Features a unique dual-format capture mode for fast playback on an iPhone and iPad
- Includes an infrared remote and channel changer cable (IR blaster) for automatic control of the receiver
- EyeTV HD recorder
- EyeTV 3 TV software for Mac (CD-ROM)
- PDF product manual (CD-ROM)
- EyeTV infrared channel changer
- Breakout cable for composite and S-Video inputs
- Stereo audio cables (2 ft)
- Component video cable (2 ft)
- USB cable (2 ft)
- Quick start guide
- Toast Basic disc-burning software
- Infrared remote control with battery pack
- Input: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, and 1080i video signals (SD sources via component, composite/RCA or S-video inputs, HD sources via component)
- Output: H.264 Main Profile, VBR 15 Mbps max., 1920×1080 pixels at 30 fps max., Audio: AAC-LC, stereo, 160 Kbps, 48 kHz
- Video in: Component (YPbPr), Composite (via break-out cable), S-Video (via break-out cable)
- Audio in: RCA
- IR Blaster
- USB 2.0, bus powered
- Macintosh: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.26 GHz or higher CPU, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later. We recommend Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later with all software and security updates installed.
- 2 GB RAM, built-in USB 2.0 port
- Cable or satellite receiver with analog video and audio outputs (component output required for HD)
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data.
- Depth: 4.92"
- Height: 1.57"
- Width: 4.92"
- Unit: 0.53 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb