Martin Logan Dynamo 500 Black Subwoofer - DYN500D (Sold As Each)
Compact, Affordable Performance
No other subwoofer offers Dynamo 500's bass extension, power, and detail at
such an affordable price. Perfect for either home theater or stereo applications,
the Dynamo 500 is solidly built with high-density materials to minimize cabinet
resonance and provide a foundation for the high-output 10-inch woofer and high-current
120-watt RMS, 360-watt peak amplifier. Additionally, dual rear-mounted low-turbulence
ports maximize bass output while minimizing port induced distortions.
Whether you are looking for high performance bass to enhance your music experience
or take your home theater system to the next level, a new Dynamo family subwoofer
should be at the top of your list.
- 10-Inch Low-Distortion Woofer Dynamo 500's high-resolution driver
combines a 10-inch polypropylene cone with a high-intensity magnet structure
to achieve huge excursion and output capability without sacrificing detail.
By eliminating cone flexure, even at long voice-coil excursions, Dynamo 500's
advanced-technology bass driver achieves the very low distortion necessary
for proper blending with MartinLogan ATF (Advanced Thin Film) and electrostatic
- 120-watt (360-watt peak) Amplifier Dynamo 500's amplifier belongs
to a recently-developed class of switch-mode designs that incorporate a variety
of innovative techniques to reduce noise, distortion, and heat to the lowest
possible levels. In particular, the switching frequency is much higher than
in typical subwoofer amplifiers of this type, providing a tremendous true
120 watts continuously with extremely low distortion.
- Dual Low-Turbulence Ports Ports are a convenient and cost-effective
way of increasing low-frequency output. Dynamo 500's dual low-turbulence ports
are carefully designed to provide superb low-end efficiency while minimizing
port induced distortion.
- High-Density Cabinet Construction Dynamo 500's high-density cabinet
is carefully designed to minimize cabinet-induced resonances and provide an
ideal baffle for linear operation of Dynamo 500's long-excursion 10-inch low-distortion
- Seamless System Integration: Engineered for Stereo and Home Theater Dynamo
500's connections and controls are designed to enable easy, seamless integration
with any stereo music or multi-channel home theater system. Its main left
and right line-level inputs feed into a precision low-pass filter with a cutoff
frequency variable from 50 to 200 Hz. For systems in which a surround processor
supplies the crossover, Dynamo 500 provides an LFE input low-pass filter switch
that completely bypasses its internal filters.
- Frequency Response 29–200 Hz ±3dB; Anechoic through LFE effects input
- Low Pass Filter Frequency 50–200 Hz
- Low Frequency Transducer 10" (25.4cm) high excursion, polypropylene
cone with extended throw drive assembly; ported
- Amplifier 120 watts rms (360 watts peak)
- Impedance Line level RCA: 20,000 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8
Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Audio Controls Low Pass Filter Switch: Bypass (LFE In), Variable
(Left and Right In)
- Inputs Left and Right/LFE RCA line level
- Unit: 29 lbs
- Shipping: 34 lbs
- Depth: 15.27"
- Height: 14.69"
- Width: 13"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 3 Year Limited Warranty