Yamaha 2 Channel Black Natural Sound Stereo Receiver, Model RS700
Elite class stereo receiver combining ToP-ART technology and ART Base chassis
construction with gold–plated speaker terminals and dual aluminum heat sinks
for crisp, clean sound. Advanced features include continuously variable loudness
control, CD Direct Amplification, along with Yamaha iPod dock connection, SIRIUS
Radio Ready, 40-station AM/FM and zone 2 control for endless music enjoyment
- Dual aluminum-extruded heat sinks ensure effective heat dissipation and
help achieve crisp, clean sound.
- Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA in/out jacks are durable and provide
highest quality connections.
- With a straight connection to the CD input, CD Direct Amplification maximizes
CD source S/N ratio.
- An iPod Dock port provides highest quality sound from an iPod. iPod Video
Out allows connection to a TV.
- With a subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can greatly expand your
choice of high quality radio programs.
- This receiver makes it easy for someone in another room to listen to the
music and even control playback.
- Multi-Zone Compatibility
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to enjoy your favorite music in more than one
room? The R-S700 has a number of specialized functions that make it convenient
to use in custom installations. With another receiver or amplifier plus a
pair of speakers in a second room, the people in both rooms can hear the music
that is playing. You can even put a pair of speakers in a third room and listen
there as well. What's more, you can control playback of the main system from
the second room with the Zone 2 remote control.
- 12V Trigger Out (Control Out)
The 12V trigger output can be used to automatically power on the components
in Zone 2 when the main power is turned on. Output is a high 100mA, so relay
operation is possible.
- Main/Zone 2 Power Link
When you switch on the R-S700 in the main room, the unit in Zone 2 will also
- Remote (IR) 2 In/Out and Remote 2 In
These terminals let you connect an IR signal receiver for wireless remote
control between the Main Zone and Zone 2.
- Speaker A/B and A+B Selection
Enjoy music in a third room! Just connect a second pair of speakers to the
Speaker B terminals and you can listen to either pair or both of them at the
- Dedicated Zone remote Control
The R-S700 provides a second remote unit for controlling operation of the
main system from Zone 2.
- The Look and Texture of Quality
Offers the look and feel of the top-class A-S2000, with elegant aluminum front
panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. You can feel Yamaha's commitment
to quality when you touch the knobs.
- ToP-ART Sound Quality Design
ToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology) design uses a symmetrical
layout for accurate sound field reproduction and the ART Base to eliminate
effects from external vibration.
- Pure Direct
Music signals travel the shortest possible route, bypassing the buffer amp
and tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal
degradation for the purest sound quality.
- New Speaker Terminals
These high grade speaker terminals have gold plating for best connection and
outstanding durability. The pitch between jacks is wider for easier insertion.
- Highest Quality Parts
The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically
determines the sound quality of any component. Yamaha uses only very high
quality parts, carefully selected and tested.
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
Our ears lose sensitivity to high and low frequencies at low volume levels.
This control lets you turn down the volume while maintaining the optimum frequency
- Special Power Supply for Clear iPod Sound
The iPod dock has an independent power supply to prevent operating or charging
current from the iPod from flowing into the amp ground signal. This ensures
optimum iPod sound quality.
- Balanced System for Minimal Noise
An unbalanced interface is subject to commonmode voltage noise, so Yamaha
uses a balanced system to receive the iPod signal. This makes a significant
contribution to reducing noise in the system for higher sound quality.
- New Remote Controls
The R-S700 preset remote control is designed to make it easy to operate the
receiver's many functions. The R-S700 provides a second remote that allows
system control from Zone 2.
- 100W x 2 high power output
- ToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology)
- 40-station AM/FM random access preset tuning
- Pure Direct for short and direct signal path
- Switchable CD Direct Amplification
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
- Speaker A, B or A+B selection
- +12V Trigger Output
- Subwoofer Out
- Rec Out selector
- Pre-main coupler
- IR Ports: 2 In / 1 Out
- Power management (Auto power off)
- Terminal for detachable AC cable
- Preset and Zone 2 remote controls
- Pure Direct Switch
- Width: 17.125"
- Height: 6"
- Depth: 15.25"
- Unit: 24.7 lbs
- Shipping 29 lbs
Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Two Years Parts
Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for