Lacie D2 2TB USB 3.0 Professional Hard Disk Drive - 301541
Get ready for SuperSpeed performance.
The LaCie d2 USB 3.0 features 7200 rpm drives, and reaches up to 156MB/s,
making it ideal for creative professionals looking for high transfer speeds.
The d2 USB 3.0 is designed to integrate into any professional work environment,
like recording studios, post-production facilities, or the prepress industry.
It comes standard with advanced backup software, which helps to make it extremely
reliable. With the performance of USB 3.0, you can transfer large files and
perform backups faster than ever before. It's even USB 3.0-compatible on Mac
computers, thanks to LaCie's exclusive USB 3.0 driver. It is also Time Machine
compatible, making it an ideal partner for your Mac. Its unique fanless aluminum
heat sink design prevents overheating by providing efficient and still unmatched
ultra-quiet and safe heat dissipation. The LaCie d2 USB 3.0 is versatile and
can stand upright, be stacked horizontally with other drives, or rackmounted
to save desktop space. In addition, it helps you reduce power consumption by
switching to its eco mode after 30 minutes of inactivity. For better energy
efficiency, it will also automatically shut down when unplugged from the computer.
On top of that, it's recyclable. With the LaCie d2 USB 3.0, you've got the perfect
partner for storage, backup, or data creation--regardless of file size.
- Up to 156MB/s
- Time Machine® compatible for Mac®
- Sturdy and fanless, aluminum d2 heat sink design
- Compatible with Mac and PC
- Space-saving versatility: stack, rackmount or stand upright
- USB 3.0: compatible with USB 2.0
- Design by Neil Poulton
- Capacity: 2 TB
- Interface: 1 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 and 1.1 compatible)
- Rotational Speed (rpm): 7200 RPM
- Cache: 16MB or greater
- Interface Transfer Rate (max. bus speed): SuperSpeed USB 3.0: up
to 5Gbits/s Hi-Speed USB 2.0: up to 480Mbits/s
- Burst Transfer Rate: **SuperSpeed USB 3.0: Read/Write: 1TB and 2TB:
130MB/s / 120MB/s 3TB: 156MB/s / 135MB/s USB 2.0: Read/Write: 33MB/s / 27MB/s
- LaCie Shortcut Button: Advanced power management:
- -Product operates in auto mode for increased energy efficiency
- -Simply press the power button to turn on the d2 USB 3.0
- -Press and hold the power button to switch off the d2 USB 3.0 for more
security and to reduce energy consumption
- System Requirements: Computer with a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port High-speed
Internet for online storage Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended Latest
version of Windows® XP***, Windows Vista®, Windows 7 /Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6
For USB 3.0 Mac compatibility:
- - Mac Pro with LaCie USB 3.0 PCI Express Card (requires available PCI
- - MacBook® Pro with LaCie USB 3.0 ExpressCard/34 (requires available
- - Check www.lacie.com/usb3mac for adapter compatibility and the USB
3.0 Mac driver
- Box Content: LaCie d2 USB 3.0 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0 and
1.1 compatible) Drive stand for upright use External power supply LaCie Utilities
and Software (preloaded on the drive):
- LaCie Backup software with data restore
- User Manual
- Quick Install Guide
- Comments: *1TB (Terabyte) = 1000GB. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total
accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically
5–10% less). **Burst transfer rates vary from one computer to another and
may vary slightly from one drive to another. Average speed is usually lower,
depending on host configuration. ***Windows XP does not support hard drives
with capacities greater than 2TB.
- Depth: 6.6"
- Height: 7.2"
- Width: 2.3"
- Unit: 4 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 3 Year Parts