Nikon COOLPIX S8100 Red 12.1 Megapixels Digital Camera - COOLPIXS8100RED
Fast, responsive and versatile, the Nikon COOLPIX S8100 with advanced CMOS sensor technology and incredible 10X zoom will capture fast-moving subjects in still images and Full HD (1080) movies. High-speed operation, exceptional low-light performance, outstanding image quality and sophisticated features mark the 12.1-megapixel S8100. The optical 10x wide Zoom- NIKKOR ED glass lens covers 30-300mm, and the camera's speedy start-up, fast autofocus, quick shutter release, superior low light performance and high-speed continuous shooting (five shots in one second!) ensure capture of all your memorable moments. The S8100 also offers Optical VR Image Stabilization, high ISO sensitivity to 3200, a new flash control system, movie recording with stereo sound and a 3-inch Ultra-High Resolution (921,000-dot) Clear Color Display for bright, sharp image viewing and sharing.
Superior Image Quality
- 12.1 -megapixel CMOS sensor for high speed operation and exceptional low-light performance.
4-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 3200 at full resolution for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
- 3-inch Ultra-High Resolution (921,000-dot) Clear Color Display for still images and movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The large LCD's wide viewing angle and anti-glare coating make it easy to compose, view and share pictures.
- Advanced low light shooting capability.
- Shoot still images even while recording HD Movie.
- Mode Dial for quick setting of key functions.
- ISO can be set as high as 3200.
- In-camera editing functions include Quick Retouch, and D-Lighting.
- Creative Slider allows adjustment of brightness, saturation and color.
- Ultra-fast start-up, autofocus and shooting.
- High Speed Shooting capture 5 shots in approximately one second at full resolution.
- Sport Continuous Shooting to capture fast action (reduced image size)
- Shoot Slow Motion Movies up to 240 fps by selecting HS Movie mode (reduced image size)
- Subject Tracking tracks a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
10x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens. Versatile 30-300mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the NIKKOR tradition of precision optics, the high-quality ED glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each COOLPIX model, Nikon’s renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
- Smart Portrait System
- Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF. Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically detects up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- Blink Warning alerts you if a subject has blinked.
- 17 Scene modes including Scene Auto Selector
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
- Macro shooting as close as 0.4 inches.
- 220 still shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL12 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
HD Movie Recording
- Full HD (1080p) Movie with Stereo and HDMI Output, optical Zoom control and stereo sound recording. HDMI output allows easy in-camera playback or convenient playback on HD-TV or computer. In-camera movie editing function also available. One-Touch record button for instant Movie recording.
- Type Compact Digital Camera
- Effective Pixels 12.1 million
- Image Sensor 1/2.3-in. type CMOS
- Total Pixels 12.75 million (approx.)
- Lens 10× optical zoom, NIKKOR ED glass lens
- Lens Focal Length 5.4-54.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 30-300mm lens in 35mm format)
- Lens f/-number f/3.5-5.6
- Lens Construction 10 elements in 8 groups
- Digital Zoom Up to 4× (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 1200mm lens in 35mm format)
- Vibration Reduction Combination of lens-shift and electronic VR (still pictures) Lens-shift (movies)
- Autofocus (AF) Contrast-detect AF
- Autofocus (AF) Focus range (from lens) [W]: 50cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to 8 (approx.) [T]: 1m (3 ft. 4 in.) to 8 (approx.) Macro mode: 1cm (0.4 in.) to 8 [W] (approx.) Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 operated at an ambient temperature of 25°C (77°F).
- Autofocus (AF) Focus-area selection Face priority Auto (9-area automatic selection) Center Manual with 99 focus areas Subject tracking
- Monitor Size 3 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type Wide viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating 5-level brightness adjustment
- Monitor Resolution 921,000-dots
- Monitor Frame coverage (shooting mode) 97% horizontal (Approx.) 97% vertical (Approx.)
- Monitor Frame coverage (playback mode) 100% horizontal (Approx.) 100% vertical (Approx.)
- Storage Media SD memory card SDHC memory card SDXC memory card 102MB internal memory (approx.)
- Storage File System DCF EXIF 2.2 DPOF compliant
- Storage File formats Still pictures: JPEG Sound files (Voice Memo): WAV Movies: MOV (Video:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC stereo)
- Movie Movie file format: MPEG-4 AVC H.264 Audio file format: AAC stereo Full HD: 1920 x 1080p / 30fps Standard TV: 640 x 480 / 30fps Small Size: 320 x 240 / 30fps
- Image Size (pixels) 4000 x 3000 (12M) 3264 x 2448 (8M) 2592 x 1944 (5M) 2048 x 1536 (3M) 1024 x 768 (PC) 640 x 480 (VGA) 3968 x 2232 (16:9) Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 operated at an ambient temperature of 25°C (77 °F).
- ISO Sensitivity 160 200 400 800 1600 3200 Auto (auto gain ISO 160-800) Fixed range auto (ISO 160 to 400) Sport continuous (ISO 160 to 3200) Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 operated at an ambient temperature of 25°C (77 °F).
- Exposure Metering 256-segment matrix Center-weighted Spot (digital zoom 2X or more)
- Exposure Control Programmed auto exposure with motion detection Exposure compensation (-2.0 to +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
- Exposure Range (auto mode) [W]: 0.7 to 15.9 EV [T]:2 to 17.3 EV (exposure values achieved with automatic ISO sensitivity adjustment converted to ISO 100 values)
- Shutter Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed 1/4000-1/120s (sport continuous mode) 1/2000-2s 4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show) Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 operated at an ambient temperature of 25°C (77°F).
- Aperture Electronically-controlled ND filter (-2 AV) selection
- Aperture Range 2 steps (f/3.5 and f/7 [W])
- Self-timer Can be selected from 10 and 2 seconds duration Smile Timer
- Built-in flash Range (approx.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto) [W]: 0.5 to 4.0m (1 ft. 8 in. to 13 ft.) [T]: 0.5 to 2.5m (1ft. 8in. to 8ft. 2in.)
- Built-in Flash Control TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Interface Hi-speed USB
- Interface Data transfer protocol MTP PTP
- Video Output NTSC PAL
- HDMI Output Can be selected from: Auto 480p 720p 1080i
- I/O terminal Audio/video (A/V) output Digital I/O (USB) HDMI mini connector (Type C) (HDMI output)
- Supported Languages Arabic Czech Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) Danish Dutch English Finnish French German Greek Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Norwegian Polish Portugese Russian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish
- Power Sources One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied) AC Adapter EH-62F (available separately)
- Charging Time 3 hours and 50 minutes (when using Charging AC Adapter EH-68P and when no charge remains)(Approx.)
- Battery Rechargeable
- Battery Life (shots per charge) Still pictures*: Approx. 210 shots Movies: Approx. 1 h 20 min (HD 1080p) *Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured at 23(±2)°C (73(±4)°F); zoom adjusted with each shot, flash fired with every other shot, image mode set to 4000 × 3000. *Battery life may vary depending on shooting interval and length of time menus and images are displayed.
- Tripod Socket ¼ (ISO 1222)
- Operating environment
- Temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
- Humidity: Less than 85% (no condensation)
- AN-CP19 Strap
- EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- EH-68P Charging AC Adapter
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- EG-CP16 Audio Video Cable
- COOLPIX Software Suite CD
- Height: 2.4"
- Width: 4.1"
- Depth: 1.2"
- Unit: 0.46 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb