Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter, Model HAFCIN
Use this replacement filter with your Samsung refrigerator to provide clean,
fresh-tasting water and ice from your side-by-side or French door refrigerator. This Samsung refrigerator water filter gives you the ability to enjoy fresh, clean water, at the press of a button.
Slim design allows for easy installation and removal; no tools required. For
best results, replace your Samsung filter every 6 months.
- Fresh Filtered Water and Ice at Your Fingertips
This refrigerator water filter is used in select Samsung French door and side-by-side
refrigerators with filter access inside the refrigerator. While retaining
beneficial fluoride, this NSF® Certified refrigerator water filter reduces
cysts, chlorine taste and odor, particulates (Class I), lead and mercury.
Replace your Samsung Refrigerator water filter every 6 months to ensure clean,
safe drinking water. For added convenience, all Samsung refrigerators with
an external dispenser have an indicator light on the display that reminds
you when it’s time to replace your water filter.
- Certified Performance
Samsung water filters are tested and certified by NSF® International, a not-for-profit,
non-governmental organization dedicated to public health, safety and environmental
protection. This certification is widely recognized around the world as a
guarantee of safety and is your assurance that this filter has been tested
by one of the most respected independent certification companies in existence
- Reduction of Contaminants
Samsung water filters use only a high-grade carbon block which removes over
99% of the potentially harmful contaminants that may be present in your water:
- Chlorine Taste & Odor: Chlorine is used widely to treat water but may
add a particular taste and odor to the water
- Heavy Metals & Chemicals: Lead, asbestos, benzene, mercury and carbofuran;
these common industrial contaminants with high toxicities can infiltrate
the water source and be potentially harmful to your health
- Microbial Cysts: Parasites such as cryptosporidium are commonly found
in lakes and rivers. They have a high resistance over disinfectants such
as chlorine and thus may be present even in treated water
Follow the below guidelines for when to change your Samsung water filter:
- 6 Months: Recommended for households with municipal water
- 3-6 Months: Changing the filter more often is recommended for households
using well water
- Now: If water has visible particulates or an odor, you notice a decrease
in water flow, or the filter indicator light is red (note: about 1 month before
the filter needs to be changed, the indicator will first turn orange)
How to reset the refrigerator water filter indicator on the external display
(after replacing the filter):
- Simultaneously press the Ice Type and Child Lock buttons for 3 seconds.