Yamaha Black Digital Sound Projector, Model YSP2200
This extremely convenient Digital Sound Projector™ is low profile enough to
fit neatly in front of a TV and is 3D compatible (HDMI V.1.4a).
Low Profile and Height Adjustable
- The YSP-2200 is only 3 1/8" high, so you can place it in front of most flat
screen TVs without blocking the picture. The height-adjustable feet let you
achieve optimum positioning. The feet can also be removed, reducing the height
of the speaker to only 2'.
Flexible-Placement of Subwoofer
- The powerful yet slim subwoofer can be used vertically or horizontally,
so you can place it inside or outside a rack. The sound has been tuned to
perfectly match the YSP-2200.
Digital Sound Projector™ Technology
- The YSP-2200 applies this sophisticated technology to precisely control
the orientation of the sound by focusing it through multiple beams. The center
channel sound is heard directly, while sounds from other channels are heard
after reflecting off walls. The result is true multi-channel surround sound
that sounds just like a multi-speaker system – but without the need for extra
Designed for High Quality Sound
- With a built-in 132W digital amplifier that efficiently drives all channels,
an aluminium body that damps vibrations, precision sound tuning and optimum
subwoofer matching, the YSP-2200 delivers 7.1-channel surround sound with
outstanding clarity and linearity. The design is more elegant and less obtrusive
than multiple speaker boxes.
Versatile Listening Modes Including 7.1-Channel Output Capability
- The YSP-2200 achieves true surround sound by directing sound beams off the
walls to reach the listener from various angles. The main mode is 5 BeamPlus2
for 7-channel sources. In addition, there is a wide variety of other listening
modes. You can select 3 BeamPlus2 + Stereo, 5 Beam, Stereo + 3 Beam, 3 Beam,
Stereo and My Surround.
11 CINEMA DSP Programs
- Yamaha’s ultra-sophisticated CINEMA DSP technology creates thrillingly realistic
soundscapes in any room. You can select 11 different programs, including three
Movie, three Music and five Entertainment programs.
HD Audio Format Decoding
- The YSP-2200 decodes HD Audio signals to ensure that you hear the best possible
sound from Blu-ray Disc players, as well as from all other digital sources.
1080p-Compatible HDMI V.1.4a
- The YSP-2200 provides 3 in/1 out HDMI connections with support for 1080p
resolution. HDMI V.1.4a is the latest version of the HDMI interface, featuring
3D for transmitting 3D video signals. Audio Return Channel lets you hear the
TV sound from the YSP-2200 via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra
optical cable. HDMI also provides the benefits of Deep Colour, x.v.Colour
and Auto Lip-Sync.
- When the YSP-2200 can be connected to a CEC-compatible TV, such as a Panasonic
VIERA Link compatible television, it will turn on and off simultaneously with
- When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency
response suffers. This function restores what was lost, so your music always
sounds the way it should.
IntelliBeam Automated System Calibration
- This Yamaha exclusive feature ensures optimum multi-channel sound reproduction
with accurate image location. By monitoring and analysing the sound with the
microphone included with the YSP-2200, IntelliBeam automatically sets the
best beam angles, while optimising the level and frequency response of each
beam. This makes initial setup both extremely simple and acoustically perfect.
yAired Technology for Wireless Connections via Optional YID-W10The
- YSP-2200 makes it easy to enjoy music from your iPod/iPhone via a wireless
link. You also get outstanding sound quality, because yAired technology transmits
uncompressed data so there is no loss of signal data, unlike systems that
use Bluetooth technology to send compressed data. In addition, there is no
delay time, ensuring that sound and video are always in sync.
- Output Power: 132 W total power: 2W x 16 beam drivers with a 100W
input power capacity subwoofer
- Output Channel: 7.1-channel
- Power Consumption: 55 W
- Standby Power Consumption: HDMI control off: 0.5 W; HDMI control
on: 4 W
- Beam Drivers: 1-1/8" x 16 beam drivers
- Subwoofer: 4" x 2 bass-reflex (vertical/holizontal)
- HDMI: 3 in / 1 out
- Digital Optical: 2 in
- Digital Coaxial: 1 in
- Analog Audio: 1 in
- Composite Video: 1 out
- Surround Technology: Digital Sound Projector™
- CINEMA DSP Movie: 3 (Sci-Fi, ADVENTURE, SPECTACLE)
- CINEMA DSP Music: 3 (MUSIC VIDEO, CONCERT HALL, JAZZ CLUB)
- CINEMA DSP Entertainment: 5 (SPORTS, TALK SHOW, DRAMA, GAME, 5ch
- Listening Mode: 5BeamPlus2, 3BeamPLUS2+Stereo, 5 Beam, Stereo+3Beam,
3Beam, Stereo and My Surround
- UniVolume: Yes
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Digital: Yes
- Dolby Digital EX: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic II: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic II x: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- DTS-HD High Resolution: Yes
- DTS: Yes
- DTS-Neo: 6 Yes
- DTS-ES: Yes
- Yamaha Universal Dock for iPod:Yes (With optional YDS-12)
- Bluetooth Compatibility via Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver: Yes
(With optional YBA-10)
- Wireless iPod/iPhone Compatibility via Yamaha Wireless Dock System:
Yes (With optional YID-W10)
- IntelliBeam: Yes
- On-Screen Display Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian,
Russian, Dutch and Swedish
- Height: 2.75"
- Width: 37.125"
- Depth: 2.75"
- Center Unit: 9.5 lbs
- Subwoofer: 13.2 lbs
- Total Shipping: 28 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Years Parts
This product is designed for table top use and not wall mountable.