Generac Guardian Series 14 kW Standby Generator - 5872
The most powerful portable generator on the market is an exceptional value. Powerful enough to start many 5-ton air conditioning units and can provide power for up to 16 circuits.
- Generac (OHVI) Design Maximizes engine “breathing” for increased fuel efficiency. Plateau honed cylinder walls and plasma moly rings help engine run cooler, reducing oil consumption. Because heat is the primary cause of engine wear, the OHVI has a significantly longer life than competitive engines.
- “Spiny-lok” cast iron cylinder walls Rigid construction and added durability provide long engine life.
- Electronic ignition/spark advance These features combine to assure smooth, quick starting every time.
- Full pressure lubrication system Superior lubrication to all vital bearings means better performance, less maintenance and significantly longer engine life. Now featuring a 2 year/200 hour oil change interval.
- Low oil pressure shutdown system Superior shutdown protection prevents catastrophic engine damage due to low oil.
- High temperature shutdown Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Innovative Design & Prototype Testing
- True Power® Electrical Technology
- Test Criteria
- Solid-State, Frequency Compensated Voltage Regulation
- Single Source Service Response
- Generac Transfer Switches
- True Power® Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Tri-lingual Digital Nexus™ Controller
- 10, 12 or 14 Circuit Automatic Transfer Switch with Built-In Priority Load
- Electronic Governor
- Pre-wired External Connection Box
- External Main Circuit Breaker & System Status LED Indicators
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Pre-wired conduits
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- UL 2200 Listed
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 14,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 13,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts: 58.3 LP/54.2 NG
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less tha 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 60 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Battery Requirement (not included): Group 26R 12 Volts and 525 CCA Min
- Unit Weight (Pounds/Kilos): 439/199.1
- Unit Weight (Pounds/Kilos): 66
- Type of Engine: Generac OHVI V-Twin
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 992cc
- Cylinder Block: Aluminum w/Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/ Magneto
- Governor System: Electronic
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: Approx 1.9 Wts/1.8L
- Operating RPM: 3,600
- Fuel Consumption:
- Natural Gas: 156 cu.ft/hr 1/2 Load / 220 cu.ft/hr Full Load
- Liquid Propane: 1.56 gal/hr 1/2 Load /
2.30 gal/hr Full Load
- 2-Line Plain Text LCD Display: Simple user interface for ease of operation
- Mode Switch
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Manual/Test (Start): Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Programmable start delay between 10-30 seconds: Standard
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec. maximum duration)
- Engine Warm-up: 5 seconds
- Engine Cool-Down: 1 minute
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine has stopped.
- Smart Battery Charger: Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown: Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown: Standard, 72Hz
- High Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank Protection: Standard
- Safety Fused: Standard
- Failure to Transfer Protection: Standard
- Low Battery Protection: Standard
- 50 Event Run Log: Standard
- Future Set Capable Exerciser: Standard
- Incorrect Wiring Protection: Standard
- Internal Fault Protection: Standard
- Common External Fault Capability: Standard
- EZ Switch & Load Center
- No. of Poles: 2
- Current Rating (amps): 100
- Voltage Rating (VAC): 250
- Utility Voltage Monitor (fixed)
- Return to Utility: approx. 15 seconds
- Exerciser Weekly for 12 Minutes: Standard
- UL Listed: Standard
- Total of Pre-wired Circuits: 14
- No. 15A 120V: 4
- No. 20A 120V: 6
- No. 20A 240V: 1
- No. 40A 240V: 1
- Circuit Breaker Protected (Available RMS Symmetrical Fault Current @ 250 Volts): 10,000
- Depth: 25.3"
- Width: 48.3 "
- Height: 28.8"
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer):
- 2 Years Parts and Labor
- 3rd Year Parts Only
*Rating definitions - Standby: Applicable for supplying emergency power for the duration of the utility power outage. No overload capability is available for this rating. (All ratings in accordance with BS5514, ISO3046 and DIN6271).
* Maximum wattage and current are subject to and limited by such factors as fuel Btu content, ambient temperature, altitude, engine power and condition, etc. Maximum power decreases about 3.5 percent for each 1,000 feet above sea level; and also will decrease about 1 percent for each 12° C (10° F) above 15.5° C (60°F).
*Required fuel pressure to generator fuel inlet at all load ranges - 5 to 7 inches of water column for natural gas, 10 to 12 inches of water column for LP gas
For Btu content, multiply ft3/hr x 2520 (LP) or ft3/hr x 1000 (NG)