JL Audio Monoblock Subwoofer Marine Amplifier, Model M6001
Amazingly small in size, but huge in audio performance, the JL Audio M-Series
amplifiers are the perfect solution for space-conscious installations or for
anyone seeking affordable excellence in a mobile amplifier.
JL Audio's exclusive NexD™ switching technology achieves total amplifier efficiencies
exceeding 80%, which means far less heat and less strain on your vehicle's electrical
system than a conventional large amplifier. This efficiency advantage, combined
with state-of-the-art microelectronic components allows us to use very compact
unitary cast alloy heat sinks. As with their more expensive MHD siblings, the
M-Series also deploy our Advanced Thermal Rollback System to completely eliminate
annoying thermal shut-down events.
Beneath every M-Series amplifier's removable control cover, you will find studio-grade
signal processing with fully variable crossover filters. Also included are our
noise-killing, differential inputs with remote level control capabilities via
the HD-RLC remote level control (optional).
Some might just see a small amplifier... But, for those who appreciate great
audio, M-Series amplifiers reveal something huge.
- Description: Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier
- Patented Technology: Single Cycle Control. (U.S. Patent #6,084,450*)
- Inputs: Differential-balanced with RCA jack inputs
- On-board Crossover: State-variable, 12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24
dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley with continuously variable cutoff frequency selection
from 50 - 500 Hz (defeatable).
- Preamp Output: Buffered pass-through type
- Infrasonic Filter: 24 dB/octave Butterworth @ 30 Hz, defeatable
- Dual mono subwoofer output connections: Accept up to 12 AWG wire
- +12V and Ground connections: Accept up to 4 AWG wire
- Rated Power: 600 W RMS @ 2 ohm (14.5V)
- Rated Power 14.4 V:
- 400W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
- 600W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- Rated Power 12.5 V:
- 300W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
- 500W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- THD at Rated Power: 1% @ 2 ohm
- S/N Ratio:
- >87 dB referred to rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz-20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- >67 dB referred to 1W (A-weighted, 20 Hz-20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Frequency Response: 7 Hz - 500 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- Damping Factor:
- 1000 @ 4 ohms / 50 Hz
- >500 @ 2 ohms / 50 Hz
- Input Range: 100mV - 4V RMS
- Width: 7.09"
- Height: 2.05"
- Length: 8.52"