Generac Guardian Series 8 Kw Standby Generator - 5870
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities
remain powered during an outage. The most affordable automatic standby generator
on the market offers protection for half the cost of central air conditioning.
- True Power® Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Tri-lingual Digital Nexus™ Controller
- Electronic Governor
- External Main Circuit Breaker & System Status LED Indicators
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- UL 2200 Listed
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN & PROTOTYPE TESTING are key components of GENERAC'S
success in "IMPROVING POWER BY DESIGN" But it doesn't stop there.
Total commitment to component testing, reliability testing, environmental
testing, destruction and life testing, plus testing to applicable CSA, NEMA,
EGSA, and other standards, allows you to choose GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS with
the confidence that these systems will provide superior performance.
- TRUE POWERR ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY Superior harmonics and sine wave
form produce less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion for utility quality power.
This allows confident operation of sensitive electronic equipment and micro-chip
based appliances, such as variable speed HVAC.
- TEST CRITERIA
- PROTOTYPE TESTED
- NEMA MG1-22 EVALUATION
- SYSTEM TORSIONAL TESTED
- MOTOR STARTING ABILITY
- SOLID-STATE, FREQUENCY COMPENSATED VOLTAGE REGULATION This state-of-the-art
power maximizing regulation system is standard on all Generac models. It provides
optimized FAST RESPONSE to changing load conditions and MAXIMUM MOTOR STARTING
CAPABILITY by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine.
An unequalled 1% voltage regulation.
- SINGLE SOURCE SERVICE RESPONSE from Generac¡¦s extensive dealer network
provides parts and service know-how for the entire unit, from the engine to
the smallest electronic component.
- GENERAC TRANSFER SWITCHES Long life and reliability are synonymous
with GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS. One reason for this confidence is that the GENERAC
product line includes its own transfer systems and controls for total system
- Generac (OHVI) Design Maximizes engine “breathing” for increased fuel efficiency.
Plateau honed cylinder walls and plasma moly rings help engine run cooler,
reducing oil consumption. Because heat is the primary cause of engine wear,
the OHVI has a significantly longer life than competitive engines.
- ”Spiny-lok” cast iron cylinder walls Rigid construction and added durability
provide long engine life.
- Electronic ignition/spark advance These features combine to assure smooth,
quick starting every time.
- Full pressure lubrication system Superior lubrication to all vital bearings
means better performance, less maintenance and significantly longer engine
life. Now featuring a 2 year/200 hour oil change interval.
- Low oil pressure shutdown system Superior shutdown protection prevents catastrophic
engine damage due to low oil.
- High temperature shutdown Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Revolving field Allows for smaller, light weight unit that operates 25%
more efficiently than a revolving armature generator.
- Skewed rotor (8 & 10 kW) Skewed stator (14 kW) Produces a smooth output
waveform for compatibility with electronic equipment.
- Displaced phase excitation Maximizes motor starting capability.
- Automatic voltage regulation Regulates the output voltage to ±1% prevents
damaging voltage spikes.
- UL 2200 Listed For your safety
- Fully Automatic - Transfers your vital electrical loads to the energized
source of power.
- Pre-wired, color coded conduits - Ensures the easiest, trouble free installation.
- Remote Mounting - Mounts near your existing distribution panel for simple,
low cost installation.
- UL Listed - For your safety
- Manual/Auto/Off switch Selects the operating mode.
- Utility voltage sensing Constantly monitors utility voltage, setpoints 60%
dropout, 80% pick-up, of standard voltage.
- Generator voltage sensing Constantly monitors generator voltage to ensure
the cleanest power delivered to the home.
- Utility interrupt delay Prevents nuisance start-ups of the engine, adjustable
- Engine warm-up Ensures engine is ready to assume the load, setpoint approximately
- Engine cool-down Allows engine to cool prior to shutdown, setpoint approximately
- Programmable seven day exerciser Operates engine to prevent oil seal drying
and damage between power outages by running the generator for 12 minutes every
- Smart battery charger Delivers charge to the battery only when needed at
varying rates depending on outdoor air temperature.
- Main Line Circuit Breaker Protects generator from overload.
- Electronic governor Maintains constant 60 Hz frequency.
- Weather protective enclosure Ensures protection against mother nature. Hinged
key locking roof panel for security. Lift-out front for easy access to all
routine maintenance items. Electrostatically applied textured epoxy paint
for added durability.
- Enclosed critical grade muffler Quiet, critical grade muffler is mounted
inside the unit to prevent injuries.
- Small, compact, attractive Makes for an easy, eye appealing installation.
- 1’ Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP) 8,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG) 7,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts 33.3 LP/29.2 NG
- Total Harmonic Distortion Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker 35 Amp
- Phase 1
- Number of Rotor Poles 2
- Rated AC Frequency 60Hz
- Power Factor 1
- Battery Requirement (not included) Group 26R 12 Volts and 525 Cold-cranking
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator operating at normal load
- Unit: 340 lbs
- Shipping: 370 lbs
- Length: 48"
- Height: 29"
- Width: 25"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- 2 Years Parts And Labor
- 3rd Year Parts Only