JL Audio 12" Mobile Subwoofer, Model 12WX4
WX Subwoofer Drivers
Built from the same DNA as the rest of the JL Audio subwoofer lineup and dedicated
to the proposition that real value can only exist when real performance is delivered.
Like all JL Audio subwoofer drivers, the WX's are centered on a long excursion,
DMA-optimized motor system, supported by our patented Elevated Frame Cooling
and a highly linear suspension. This means they deliver lots of low-distortion,
high-quality bass with all types of music.
WX's are ideally suited for lower power applications and offer a powerful combination
of performance, value and installation attributes.
You simply won’t believe you’re listening to our least expensive subwoofer
- DMA Optimized Motor System
Highly optimized motor system delivers linear motor force over a wide range
of excursion and power levels to reduce distortion.
- Great Bass in Small Enclosures!
For maximum application flexibility, WX's are designed for use in compact
sealed or medium-size ported enclosures.
- Elevated Frame-Cooling
Creates a pathway for high-velocity air to flow directly across the top-plate
and onto the voice coil.
- We make it easy to protect your investment.
WX's are designed to directly receive JL Audio's protective grille mesh inserts
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 27.43 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.596
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 9.970
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.562
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 3.337 cu. ft. / 94.49 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.375 in. / 9.5 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.314%
- Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 87.17 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 76.950 sq. in. / 0.0496 sq. m.
- DC Resistance (Re): 3.51 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohm
- Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 200W
- Driver Displacement: 0.048 cu. ft. / 1.36 liters
- Nominal Diameter: 12"
- Mounting Depth: 5.30"
- Unit: 5.8 lbs
- Shipping: 8 lbs