Sony 3D SXRD Black Home Theater Projector, Model VPLVW90ES
The Sony® VPL-VWPRO1 BRAVIA® SXRD™ 1080p Home Theater Projector delivers an
immersive cinematic experience and Full HD 1080p resolution at a great value.
Three SXRD micro-display panels work with a specially developed ARC-F (All Range
Crisp Focus) lens and BRAVIA Engine™ 2 digital video processor to display stunning,
life-like images on a scale no flat panel HDTV can match. A 200W lamp provides
startling brightness for enhanced performance in rooms with ambient light from
lamps or windows, and Advanced Iris 3 technology delivers dynamic contrast of
up to 85,000:1 by automatically optimizing picture brightness on a scene-by-scene
- Full HD 1080p with 3 SXRD™ 1920 x 1080 Panels
Three SXRDTM 1920 x 1080p micro-display panels support Full HD 1080p resolution
for an impressive combination of vivid color, film-like image quality, and
high-definition brilliance. Enjoy cinematic-quality images.
- 200W Ultra-High-Pressure Lamp
A 200W Ultra-High-Pressure Lamp delivers natural color with a brightness of
1300 ANSI lumens2.
- BRAVIA Engine™ 2
BRAVIA Engine 2 fully digital video processor uses a collection of unique
Sony® algorithms to significantly reduce noise, enhance overall image detail,
and optimize contrast so every scene produces sharp, vibrant, life-like images.
- Advanced Iris 3
The Advanced Iris 3 function provides up to a 85,000:1 contrast ratio1 by
optimizing both dark and bright scenes to produce deep black levels with stunning
- Motionflow™ 240Hz Panel Drive with Dark Frame Insertion Technology
Doubles the frame rate in video sources to reduce judder and deliver a smoother
more natural viewing experience.
- 24p True Cinema™
24p True Cinema technology provides a direct connection to 24p video sources
so you can avoid conversions and enjoy films at their intended 24 fps (frames
x.v.Color technology3 takes HD color expression to new levels. When connected
to x.v.Color capable video sources, such as select Sony® camcorders, the VPL-VWPRO1
can display nearly twice as many (1.8x) viewable colors as the existing RGB
color standard, resulting in more natural, life-like images.
- Deep Color
By combining a 10-bit processor with 10-bit SXRD™ panels, the VPL-VWPRO1 can
create and display 64 times the level of color expression of 8-bit projectors,
resulting in smoother color gradations and helping to avoid a “paint-by-numbers”
- ARC-F (All Range Crisp Focus) Lens
A specially developed ARC-F (All Range Crisp Focus) lens takes full advantage
of the SXRD™ panels to deliver Full HD 1080p resolution with superior clarity
- Noise reduction functions
The VPL-VWPRO1 features noise reduction functions that analyze scenes in real
time to identify various types of noise and reduce unwanted artifacts, such
as mosquito noise and block noise, without compromising the video signal.
- Panel Alignment function
A Panel Alignment function enables pixel alignment to within 1/10th of a pixel5,
making it possible to shift the entire picture to adjust for color gaps and
produce a brighter, clearer, and more detailed picture.
- Anamorphic Zoom Mode
- Anamorphic Zoom Mode works with an optional anamorphic lens1 to take full
advantage of panel resolution and screen size for a true cinema experience.
- 1.6x Zoom Lens
A 1.6x zoom lens provides a short focus distance and takes full advantage
of Sony® SXRDTM technology to provide superior resolution and focus.
- Motorized Lens Shift
Motorized Lens Shift provides vertical and horizontal adjustments of the picture
position, expanding the projector's placement and installation options without
distorting image quality.
- Ultra Low Fan Noise
22dB Exclusive Sony-designed fan delivers efficient cooling and whisper-quiet
- HDMI™ Inputs x 2
The VPL-VWPRO1 BRAVIA® SXRD™ 1080p Home Cinema Projector offers two HDMI inputs
(up to 1080/60p capable) that deliver uncompressed digital video over one
cable (cable sold separately).
- Various Analog Inputs
The VPL-VWPRO1 features various analog inputs including YPbPr Component, S-Video,
Composite video, and a PC input (D-sub 15-pin) for easy connection to a wide
variety of video sources.
- 12V Trigger x 2
One (selectable) 12V trigger allows for easy control for both a screen or
an optional anamorphic lens.
- RS-232C connectivity
RS-232C connectivity enables operation of the projector using a home theater
- BRAVIA Sync™
BRAVIA Sync gives you one-touch access and control functionality other over
BRAVIA Sync compatible equipment using the projector’s remote and on-screen
- RCP (Real Color Processing) function
RCP (Real Color Processing) function allows adjustment of specific colors
on the picture without changing the overall image's color and hue.
- Functional Cosmetic Design for Home Theater
The VPL-VWPRO1 features a sophisticated yet functional design, with a dark
exterior that coordinates well with home theater environments.
- 3D Glasses BRT Adjustment: Yes
- Auto Search: Yes
- Depth Adjustment: Yes
- Format: Frame Packing/ Side by Side/ Over-Under/Simulated 3D
- Signal: (HDMI inputs only) 1080:24p/60p/50p/60i/50i ; 720:60p/50p
- Simulated 3D: Yes
- Transmitter: Yes
- Auto Input Search: Yes
- IR Receiver: Front & Rear, Front, Rear
- Illumination: Logo (Off, On)
- Image Flip: HV, H, V, Off
- Multiple Language Display: 15 languages (including English, French, Spanish,
German and Chinese)
- Remote Control: Yes (RM-PJVW85)
- Test Pattern: Yes
- Native Resolution: 1080p
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Screen Size (measured diagonally): 40" to 300" measured diagonally (projected)
- Display Technology: SXRD™ Technology
- Projection Picture Size: 40 to 300 inches (1,016mm to 7,620mm) (measured
- Television Type: HD Front Projectors
- Acceptable Computer Signals: fH: 19 to 72kHz, fV : 48 to 92Hz, Maximum
resolution 1920x1080 fV 60Hz
- High Altitude Mode: Off, On
- Information Menu: Horizontal and Vertical frequency display
- Input A: D-sub 15 Pin, Analog RGB/Component
- Vertical Keystone: Yes
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Mini Jack - Power On: DC 12V, output impedance: 4.7
kilohms Power Off: 0V (Selectable-Power/Anamorphic zoom)
- 3D Sync: 1 (Side) RJ45
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s): 2 (Side): 1 (RCAx3), 1 (15 Pin HD)
- Composite Video Input(s): 1 (Side) Vp-p+/-2 dB sync negative (75 ohms terminated)
- HDMI™ Connection(s) (Total): 2 (Side) Digital RGB/Y/Cb(Pb)Cr(Pr) with PC
- IR Input(s): 1 (Side)
- PC Video Input(s): Yes
- RS-232C Input(s): Yes
- Remote Network Connection(s): 1 (Side) RS-232C: D-sub 9-pin (female)
- Operating Humidity: 35 to 85% (no condensation)
- Operating Temperature: 41 to 95 F degrees (5 to 35 C degrees)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): 320W max
- Power Consumption (in Standby): 8W; :0.5W (low mode)
- Power Requirements: AC 100 to 240V, 1.4-3.2A, 50/60H z
- Color System: NTSC / PAL / SECAM
- Brightness: 1,000 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: Up to 150,000:1 (with Advanced Iris Auto 1 ON)
- 10-bit Video Processing: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- Acceptable Video Signals: Composite video, Y/C video, 15 kHz (RGB/Component)
50/60Hz; Progressive component 50/60 Hz; DTV (480/60i, 480/60p, 575/50i, 575/50p,
720/50p, 720/60p, 1080P24sF(48i),1080/50i, 1080/50p, 1080/60i), HDMI inputs
only: 1080/60p, 1080/24p
- Dot Phase: Yes
- Film Mode: Yes
- Lens Shift Function: Yes
- Motionflow™ Technology: Yes
- Title Area Control: Yes
- Vertical Position: Yes
- Vertical Size: Yes
- x.v.Color™ Technology: Yes
- Height: 7.125"
- Width: 18.625"
- Depth: 19""
- Unit: 26.5 lbs
- Shipping: 35 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above
- Anamorphic lens is not available from Sony®.
- 150,000:1 contrast ratio achieved with Advanced Iris Auto ON.
- ANSI lumens is a measuring method of the American National Standards Institute
IT7.228. Since there is no uniform method of measuring brightness, specifications
will vary among manufactures.
- When used with supporting video sources such as select Sony camcorders.
- Pixel convergence to 1/10th inch is calculated as ±2.0 dot by 0.1 dot pitch.
Depending on the adjustments made, the number of display pixels may decrease.
Also, colors may become uneven or the resolution may change
- BRAVIA Sync™ works with select Sony® HDTVs, front projectors, and home theater
products. Check owners’ manuals for compability.