Cambridge Audio DacMagic Digital To Analog Converter, Model CAMBDACMAGIBK
With the advent of computer-based music systems, Cambridge Audio’s DacMagic™
upsampling digital to analogue converter is the most affordable and effective
way to upgrade any PC or Macintosh computer, network music device, games console
or standard CD/DVD player to truly high end sound quality.
Adapted Time Filtering (ATF) asynchronous upsampling technology might sound
complicated but the benefits are instantly audible. Essentially it converts
16-24 bit audio to 24 bit/192kHz so you hear so much more from compressed material.
Meanwhile a 32 bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) eradicates jitter which is
especially effective with hard disk playback from PCs or Macintosh computers.
Whether your digital music collection is stored on a PC or you use a network
music client – Squeezebox™, SoundBridge™, Sonos™ etc - the difference in audible
quality is incredible!
- Adaptive Time Filtering (ATF™) asynchronous upsampling technology converts
16-24 bit audio (at any standard sampling frequency between 32-96kHz) to 24
- 32 bit Texas Instruments Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- Dual Differential Virtual Earth balanced filter topology – low order two
pole linear-phased Bessel filter takes advantage of high sampling rate achieved
- Twin WM8740 high quality DACs in dual differential mode for excellent stereo
- Incoming sampling rate indicator 32/44.1/48/88.2/96kHz
- Choice of filters – linear phase, minimum phase and steep filter can all
be selected to suit an individual’s listening preferences
- Phase select to invert or reinvert input, correcting possible recording
- Two inputs with both SPDIF & Toslink sockets allow wide range of digital
sources to be connected
- USB input connects direct to PC without drivers to act as very high quality
DAC/soundcard providing genuine hi-fi quality playback from desktop or media
- Singled ended phono and XLR balanced audio outputs
- Digital output (SPDIF and Toslink concurrently) passes through selected
source for recording purposes
- Substantial aluminium front panel plus an entirely new ultra rigid, acoustically
- Can be used horizontally (using four rubber feet) or vertically (rubber
- D/A Converters: Dual Wolfson WM8740 24bit DACs
- Digital filter: Texas Instruments TMS 320VC5501 DSP upsampling to 24bit
- Analogue filter: 2-Pole Dual Differential Bessel Double Virtual Earth Balanced
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.1dB) - steep filter disabled
- THD @ 1Khz 0dBFs: <0.001% 24bit
- THD @ 1kHz -10dBFs: <0.001%
- THD @ 20kHz 0dBFs: <0.002%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -112dBr
- Total correlated jitter: <130pS
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: < -100dB
- Crosstalk @ 20kHz: < -90dB
- Output Impedance: <50ohms
- Output level (unbalanced): 2.1V rms
- Output level (balanced): 4.2V rms (2.1V per phase)
- Digital input word widths supported: 16-24bit (16 bit for USB)
- Digital input sampling frequencies supported: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz,
96kHz (44.1kHz, 48kHz for USB)
- Audio output up-sampling: Fixed 24bit 192kHz
- Height: 2.0"
- Width: 8.6"
- Depth: 7.6"
- Unit: 2.6 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above