Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker, Model SURROUNDFX
Eliminate the need for multiple rear speakers with the world’s first and
only single surround speaker and it's wireless.
The incredible, category-defining F/X® Wireless Surround Speaker has arrived.
Now one compact loudspeaker placed unobtrusively behind your seating creates
a completely enveloping, realistic surround-sound performance. Gone are the
traditional Surround speakers, the wire and the installation hassles. It’s engineered
with patented “smart” technology to work perfectly in any size room, and to
fit unobtrusively into your décor on the floor or on or under a sofa-back table
or bench. The F/X Wireless Surround Speaker gives you the power to achieve astonishingly
lifelike and dynamic surround-sound effects from one compact, wireless loudspeaker!
Familiar concept, unexpected location
You’re familiar with new single-speaker surround-sound systems, like the Polk
Audio SurroundBar®. F/X Wireless Surround grew from the same concept, but behind
you this time: a wireless single-speaker rear surround speaker. The F/X Wireless
Surround Speaker incorporates exclusive new technologies, like Controlled Dispersion
Array technology (to accurately simulate multiple channels from one source)
and Polk Digital Logic® (to automatically optimize the sound design for your
room setup), with the classic warmth and realism of the Polk Audio sound
Boost the surround-effect of your single-speaker surroundsound system, or just
lose the clutter and installation hassle of two or more rear surround speakers
attached to your walls, with their wires trailing across your floors. And you’ll
never miss the exciting performance of real surround-sound.
Arthur C. Clarke said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
from magic.” We can’t think of a better proof of this axiom than the new F/X
Wireless Surround Speaker.
- The innovative F/X Wireless Surround is yet another ingenious single-speaker
solution from Polk Audio.
- A completely self-contained surround-channel sound system featuring four
2.5” full-range drivers & a 5.25” woofer, powered by a compact 120 Watt multichannel
- Easy connections: Just connect the compact transmitter to the rear-channel
outputs of your processor. (High performance RCA connectors and speaker wire
sets are included for your choice of easy transmitter-to-receiver connections.)
This state-of-the-art 2.4GHz transmitter talks to the speaker’s onboard receiver,
for instant, lossless signal response. No room-spanning wires!
- Convincingly discrete rear-channel response thanks to Polk’s patented Controlled
Dispersion Array (CDA)technology. CDA Technology delivers realistic left,
right, rear and surround staging for 5.1 (and beyond) systems, in any room
environment and with virtually any placement.
- Ported, for unexpectedly big couch-rocking bass response.
- Customizable settings for easy optimization, with a 3-position DSP Controller.
Set it for your placement needs (floor, sofaback table or shelf mounts) and
it automatically delivers perfect imaging and sound.
- Mid/Woofer: 1 - 5-1/4" Diameter (13.34cm) Dynamic Balance woofer
- Midrange: 4 - 2-1/2" Diameter (6.35cm) Full range Dynamic Balance
Controlled Dispersion Array drivers
- Overall Frequency Response: 48Hz-20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Inputs Transmitter: Line Level and Speaker Level L/R Surround and
L/R Surround Back
- Cabinet Size (HxWxD): 8.13" x 19.5" x 7.75"
- Transmitter Size (HxWxD): 1.5" x 7" x 3.41"
- Unit: 18 lbs
- Shipping: 20 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Speaker Warranty: 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)
- Subwoofer Amplifier Warranty: 3 years electronics (original purchaser)