Sonance Commercial Series In-Ceiling/In-Wall Speakers, Model CT8
The CT8 is a unique, extended bandwidth, wide dispersion planar loudspeaker
designed for use in commercial installations. Planar diaphragm technology allows
a CT8 that has been properly installed in a ceiling or wall boundary to radiate
sound in a 140° hemispherical pattern with smooth, even coverage. This dispersion
characteristic allows CT8 speakers to be spaced farther apart than narrow dispersion
conventional speakers, reducing the total quantity of loudspeakers required
in almost any installation.
- Radiating Surface: 85.5 sq in (532.3 sq cm) planar diaphragm (fits
standard 8" (203mm) diameter speaker openings)
- Driver System: 0.82 lb (0.37 kg) magnet with 1.02" (26mm) voice coil
- Frequency Response: 80Hz - 15kHz ±4dB
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal; 5.5 ohms minimum
- Power Rating: 20 watts RMS as per EIA standard RS-426-A
- Sensitivity: 94dB 1W/1m
- Primary voltage: 70 volts
- Primary taps: 0.5W, 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W
- 8-ohm bypass
- Diameter: 13"
- Depth: 2.38"
- Cutout Diameter: 9"
- Unit Weight: 8.2 lbs pair
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs pair
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Limited Lifetime
- Sonance warrants to the original retail purchaser only that this Sonance
product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, provided
the product was purchased from a Sonance Authorized Dealer. For full warranty
information, please see the Instruction Manual