Cambridge Audio Azur 650A Silver Integrated Amplifier, Model CAMB650AS
The new Azur 650A focuses on our most closely guarded principles – explosive
sonic performance, incredible value and timeless design. Whatever music you’re
into, we guarantee we’ve invested all our passion into making the very most
Cambridge Audio’s highly-respected amplifier topology goes to new levels of
performance and refinement with the introduction of the 650A. A completely redesigned
output stage helps improve bass response and dynamics even further while enabling
control of virtually any speaker with aplomb.
If you demand the most from an amplifier, then look no further than the 650A.
Building on the impressive specification of the 550A, the even higher specification
650A leaves many “high-end” hi-fi competitors behind thanks to separate transformer
taps for the left and right channels, twin rectifiers and separate power supplies
for dual-mono operation of the left and right power amplifiers. It also features
a larger transformer and heatsink; essential to keep it cool with so much power
on board! The net result of these critical upgrades is a pure 75 watts (at 8
Ohms) of smooth unruffled performance.
Making the 650A a true benchmark in its category was of course a key requirement
to Cambridge Audio’s design team.
- Max power output per channel (Into 8O) 75W
- 6 inputs, 2 outputs and tape In
- Twin rectifiers and separate power supplies
- Oversize toroidal transformer and custom heatsink
- Revised output stage using new high current Sanken output transistors
- New Alps film type ‘black box’ volume pot for excellent channel balance
- Fully updated and re-tuned CAP5 technology for optimal protection and performance
- Control Bus and IR Emitter In connections for simple multi-room integration
- Pre-out for connection to external power amp / active sub
- EnergyStar certified ultra low power (<1W) standby circuit
- New ultra-rigid wrap-around casework design with thick brushed aluminium
- Front-mounted iPod/MP3 socket
- Supplied with new Navigator remote – also controls Azur CD players and docked
- Gold plated low-loss 3-way speaker terminals
- LED indicator shows which speaker terminals (A/B) are selected
- Power Output: 75 Watts (into 8 Ohms)
- THD (unweighted):
- <0.002% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power
- <0.03% 20Hz - 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- <0.02% 20Hz - 20kHz @ 10W
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 50kHz (-1dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio (No weighting): >92dB
- Input Impedance: 47kohms
- Power amp damping factor: >100
- Max. Power Consumption: 600W
- Standby Power Consumption: <1W @ rated mains
- Height: 4.7"
- Width: 16.9"
- Depth: 13.8"
- Unit: 18.5 lbs
- Shipping: 22 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts