Panasonic WhisperWall 70 CFM Wall Mounted Fan, Model FV08WQ1
Can't Install a Fan in the Ceiling? Don't Worry. This WhisperWall™ fan was
designed specifically for through-the-wall mounting to provide ventilation in
rooms where a ceiling mounted fan is not possible. An exterior hood with a backdraft
damper is included to finish off the job.
- So Quiet You Might Not Know it's On
This fan features a totally enclosed condenser motor and a large, double suction
blower wheel to quietly move air. A small wheel turning very fast will create
more noise than a large wheel turning more slowly for a given airflow. Our
fan uses a wide blower wheel that moves a large amount of air at reduced RPMs.
The blower wheel is also designed to draw air in from both sides, which helps
keep the noise down, as there is more area for the air to enter the wheel.
In fact, it is quiet enough that you might not even know it's on.
- Continuous, Trouble-free Operation for Many Years
This fan is designed to give you continuous, trouble-free operation for many
years thanks in part to its high-quality components and permanently lubricated
motors which wear at a slower pace. Also, since heat is always detrimental
to motor life (the cooler the environment, the longer the motor will last),
we designed the electrical configuration of this model's condenser motor to
allow it to operate at lower temperatures, increasing the life of the motor
and bearings. And, the fan housing is made of heavy-gauge zinc galvanized
steel and painted to protect it from rust.
- Energy Star® Qualified for Energy Savings
Energy Star qualified products feature super-quiet operation and high CFM-to-Watt
efficiency. The Energy Star program was created to help consumers identify
products that can save them money and protect the environment by saving energy.
As an Energy Star partner, all our fans are Energy Star qualified and labeled
- Tired of Cold Air Coming Through Your Ventilation Fan?
This Panasonic fan has a built-in damper to prevent backdraft, which helps
to prevent outside air from coming through the fan. Also, thanks to our efficient,
cool running motors and fluorescent bulbs, it does not create excessive heat-a
common problem with recessed lighting fixtures and some competitors' fan/light
combinations. Loose fill or batt insulation can be placed directly over the
fan housing to prevent heat from escaping.
- Static Pressure (in inches w.g.): 0.03
- Air Volume (CFM): 70 (54 at 0.25" static pressure)
- Noise (sones): 1.1
- Power Consumption (Watts): 18 at 0.03" static pressure
- Energy Efficiency (CFM's/Watt): 3.9
- Speed (RPM): 660 at 0.03" static pressure
- Current (Amps): 0.2 (0.2 at 0.25" static pressure)
- Power Rating (V/Hz): 120/60
- Motor Type: Condenser
- Type of Motor Bearing: Sleeve
- Thermal Fuse Protection: Yes
- Blower Wheel Type: Propeller
- Duct Diameter (inches): 8"
- Mounting Opening (inches sq.): Use Enclosed Template
- Grille Size (inches sq.): 10 1/8"
- UL Listed for Tub/ Shower Enclosure: Yes, when used with a GFCI branch
- Mfg in ISO 9001 Certified Facility: Yes
- Super Quiet Operation: Yes
- Energy Star Qualified: Yes
- Totally Enclosed Condenser Motor: Yes, for long life - Rated for
- Easy Installation: Yes
- Rust Proof Paint Treatment: Yes, on galvanized housing
- Built-In Damper: Yes, to prevent back draft
- Contemporary Grille Design: Yes
- Unit: 12.1 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs