Escort Passport IQ GPS Radar Device - IQ
ESCORT'S award-winning all-band protection plus a myriad of useful features keep you on the road, not on the side of it.
Multiple Screen Options
Multiple screen options allow you to choose the information you want, in the color you prefer. Expert Mode Detector experts will appreciate the ability to track multiple sources including numeric frequency.
PASSPORT iQ™ Detector View
Multiple screens track and display up to four different radar signals. You can also manage alerts and mark speed traps or safety camera locations for future reference.
Easy to read 3D maps, powered by NAVTEQ, provide clear turn-by-turn voice guided instructions with lane assist.
Patented Defender® Database
ESCORT's DEFENDER® data is preloaded and provides audible and visual alerts for speed traps, red light cameras and speed camera locations for North America.
PASSPORT iQ™ Map View
View your current location and route on a map. You can also manage alerts and mark speed traps or safety camera locations for future reference. Map view will also provide speed trap and camera icons directly on the map. Radar and laser alerts are shown in the lower left corner with a corresponding bar graph.
The PASSPORT iQ can be easily updated using your computer and the power of the internet. Simply connect your PASSPORT iQ to your computer, log on to our website, and download the most up to date locations. You can even back up your data or update the detector's operating software (firmware), if needed. The database is updated weekly, and Escort provides 90 days of downloadable updates for free. DEFENDER® Database Subscriptions are also available to keep you up to date on future Speed Traps, Red Light Cameras and Speed Cameras.
The SmartCord is a special power cord with a power-on indicator (which only lights up when PASSPORT iQ is turned on), a bright LED alert light that warns of radar or laser, and a mute button right on the plug for convenient access to PASSPORT iQ's Mute and TrueLock features. It's perfect for any car where reaching the device's mute button on the windshield is a stretch.
Optional Power Cords
An optional Direct-Wire SmartCord is also available. This version includes a small display module that can be wired directly into your electrical system, with a 10-ft. straight cord to route to your PASSPORT iQ.
- Power Switch: Switches PASSPORT iQ on or off, or locks the screen
- Charge Light: Red-Unit is plugged in, and battery is not fully charged Alternating Red and Green-Battery is almost completely charged Green-Battery is completely charged
- LCD Screen: 5" touch-sensitive screen
- USB Port: Used only for connecting PASSPORT iQ to your PC or laptop to download software updates or charge the battery (Software updates will require an updated PC running XP, Vista or Win 7)
- Reset Button: Press to reset the device if unit stops responding
- Power Jack (telephone-type jack): For connecting your SmartCord to power PASSPORT iQ with your vehicle's battery
- Audio (Earphone) Jack: For connecting 3.5 mm mono earphone
- SD Port (Micro): For adding future map updates
- Alert Light: For indicating radar or laser alerts
- Rear Laser Lens: For receiving laser alerts
- Audio Speaker: For audible alerts and voice prompts
- External GPS Port: Accepts external GPS device for improved reception
- Mount Release Button: For conveniently releasing PASSPORT iQ from the windshield mount
- Front Laser Lens: For receiving laser alerts (ensure clear view of road ahead)
- Radar Antenna: For receiving radar alerts (ensure clear view of road ahead)
- PASSPORT iQ™ boasts the following state-of-the-art performance and features:
- Personal navigation system comes complete with Navteq mapping, branded points of interest, speed limit data, and lane assist.
- AutoLearn™ feature automatically learns and rejects false radar sources based on exact location and frequency.
- New proprietary threat-signal ranking (TSR) software intelligently sorts, ranks, and rejects traffic-flow monitoring false alarms automatically.
- Cruise Alert feature offers modified radar alerts within specified speeds.
- Defender® Database stores thousands of red-light and fixed-position speed cameras throughout North America.
- Revolutionary AutoSensitivity™ mode provides real-time radar performance based on vehicle speed, plus Highway and Auto No X settings.
- Mark Location feature allows you to instantly "mark" known speed traps, cameras and other places of interest.
- Exclusive SpecDisplay™ provides actual numeric frequency for any radar signal.
- Selectable radar and laser bands allow you to customize which bands are monitored.
- Exclusive SmartCord for easy access to Mute and TrueLock™ features.
- PASSPORT iQ™ Includes:
- 5" GPS/radar/detection device
- USB cable
- iQ Mounting Bracket (will mounted to either the windshield or our dash Beanbag)
- Owner's Manual on CD and Quick/Reference Guide
- 90 day trial for Defender® Database.
- Operating Bands X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz Ku-band 13.450 GHz ± 25 MHz Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
- Radar Receiver/Detector Type Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO Scanning Frequency Discriminator Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- GPS Receiver SiRFstar III
- Laser Detection Quantum Limited Video Receiver Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
- Display Type 5" LCD Screen with OneTouch User Interface 480 x 272 Resolution
- Power Requirement 12-volt DC, Negative Ground Escort SmartCord Included
- Auto-Calibration Circuitry
- SmartShield VG2 Immunity
- Width: 5.35"
- Height: 3.71"
- Depth: 1.62"