JL Audio Four-Channel Full Range Marine Amplifier, Model MHD6004
The revolutionary MHD amplifiers apply a switching technology called Single
Cycle Control™ to deliver world-class, full-range sonic performance and very
high power from what seems like an impossibly small package. The MHD’s tiny
dimensions are made possible by their outstanding electrical efficiency (over
80% at 1/2 power), which also results in a lot less current draw from your boat’s
batteries. Best of all, this patented technology makes the MHD’s the finest
sounding marine amplifiers, at any price.
As with all JL Audio amplifiers, our never-quit Advanced Rollback Protection
circuitry is standard as are noise-rejecting, differential-balanced inputs.
MHD’s also feature a very comprehensive signal-processing section with variable
slope crossovers (12dB or 24dB / octave) and a very handy remote level control
option that allows you to install master or zone volume controls (sold separately)
anywhere in your boat, even inside a cabin.
- Single Cycle Control: Patented Single Cycle Control™ switching technology
corrects output in each and every switching cycle (over 400,000 times per
second) for pristine power delivery.
- Studio-Grade Signal Processing: A full complement of expertly executed
signal processing features make MHD's flexible in application and a joy to
tune in a variety of system designs.
- Advanced Rollback Protection and RealSink: Real, cast aluminum finned
heat sinks and our "never-quit" rollback circuitry eliminate annoying thermal
- Remote Level Control (HD-RLC): With the addition of an HD-RLC you
can control the overall level of the amplifier (or amplifiers) from the front
of your vehicle.
- R.I.P.S. System: The remarkable R.I.P.S. System™ ensures consistent
power delivery over a wide range of battery voltages and load impedances.
- Differential Inputs: Greatly reduce noise common to marine installations.
- Mounting Options: MHD Amplifiers have two mounting options to ease
in installation and can also be stacked with an optional stacking kit.
- Input Sensitivity Setting Tutorial: Learn how to properly set input
sensitivity ("gain") in this interactive, easy to follow tutorial (Flash required).
- Patented Technology: Class D, switching type with patented Single-Cycle
Control, technology. (U.S. Patent #6,084,450*)
- Inputs: Three Stereo Pairs (Front, Rear and Sub)
- Rear Crossover: Continously-variable (50 Hz - 500 Hz), selectable-slope
(12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley) HP or LP
- Subwoofer Crossover: Continously-variable (50 Hz - 500 Hz), selectable-slope
(12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley) LP
- Preamp Output: 2-channel (pass through or tracking LP)
- Infrasonic Filter: Defeatable 24dB/octave at 30 Hz
- Front and rear speaker output connections: Accept up to 12 AWG wire
- +12V and Ground connections: Accept up to 4 AWG wire
- Width: 7.09"
- Height: 2.05"
- Length: 10.23"