LaCie 2Big Quadra 4TB 2-Disc RAID External Hard Drive, Model 301432U
The LaCie 2big Quadra is the most complete 2-disk RAID solution for digital
libraries, creative pro and office workstations that need storage/backup capacity,
speed, and advanced data protection. It’s easy to use, and comes with two extractable,
lockable and hot-swappable disks in RAID 1 mode. With burst transfer rates as
high as 165MB/s** (eSATA 3Gb/s) in RAID 0, the 2big Quadra is ideal for high
speed-demanding applications like audio/video projects (DV and SD video playback
or 2D/3D imaging).
It functions as a complete solution for data protection, and comes with advanced
backup software with computer recovery options: Genie Backup Manager Pro™ for
Windows® and Intego Backup Manager Pro™ for Mac® users.
The sturdy, aluminum heat sink design—with 60% more surface area for heat dissipation—keeps
it quiet and safe. This versatile solution offers various space-saving configurations—upright,
horizontal, stacked, or rack-mounted. The LaCie Shortcut Button on the front
launches any backup or library application of your choice in just one push.***
For the fastest speeds and most optimal performance, we recommend purchasing
the LaCie eSATA II PCI Express Card 3Gb/s – 4Ports for use in tandem with the
LaCie 2big Quadra.
- Ideal for backup and creative pros: up to 165MB/s
- Four RAID modes to customize speed and protection
- Two hot-swappable disks for non-stop data access*
- Aluminum heat sink design for greater reliability
- Genie and Intego Backup Manager Pro included
- Mac: Time Machine® Compatible
- Capacity: 4 TB
- 1 x eSATA 3Gbits port
- 2 x FireWire 800 ports (9-pin)
- 1 x FireWire 400 port (6-pin)
- 1 x Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port (USB 1.1-compatible)
- Included Disks: 2 hot-swappable 1.5TB disks
- Rotational Speed (rpm): 7200
- Cache: 32MB (2 x 16MB) or greater
- Interface Transfer Rate (max. bus speed):
- eSATA: up to 3Gbits/s (300MB/s)
- FireWire 800: up to 800Mbits/s (100MB/s)
- FireWire 400: up to 400Mbits/s (50MB/s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0: up to 480Mbits/s (60MB/s)
- Seek Time (Read): <10ms (eSATA)
- Burst Transfer Rate (RAID0 max. drive speed)*:
- eSATA 3Gibts: 145-165MB/s
- FireWire 800: 80-90MB/s
- FireWire 400: 35-40MB/s
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0: 30-35MB/s
- RAID Mode:
- Easy RAID selection:
- RAID 1
- RAID 0
- Mixed Partition (RAID 0 and RAID 1)
- LaCie Shortcut Button: Launch any application (backup, music, slideshows...)
with one push***
- Backup Software:
- Genie Backup Manager Pro software with computer recovery option for
Windows 2000, XP Vista
- Intego Backup Manager Pro software with computer recovery option for
Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5
- Triple Power Management: "Auto" for energy efficiency; "On" for instant
access; "Off" for data protection
- Cooling System:
- Ultra-quiet cooling system with SMART thermo-regulated blower technology
- Advanced heat sink design for greater heat dissipation
- System Requirements:
- Computer with an eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400, or USB 2.0 port
- Latest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7 / Mac OS X
- Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- Box Content:
- LaCie 2big Quadra
- 2 hot-swappable 2TB disks
- eSATA-to-eSATA (3Gb/s) cable
- FireWire 800 (9-to-9 pin) cable
- FireWire 400 (6-to-6 pin) cable
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable
- Power supply kit
- Quick Install Guide
- LaCie Utilities CD-ROM with User Manual
- Width: 3.5"
- Height: 7.8"
- Depth: 6.7"
- Unit: 5.95 lbs
- Shipping: 8 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 3 Year Limited
- *Hot-swapping is not possible in RAID 0 and concatenation modes.
- **Maximum interface transfer rate = theoretical bus bandwidth, whereas burst
transfer rate = maximum drive speed.
- Performance depends on the RAID mode selected and burst transfer rates vary
from one computer to another and may vary slightly from one drive to another.
Average speed is usually lower depending on host configuration.
- ***The LaCie Shortcut Button feature is available via FireWire and USB but
- ****1TB (Terabyte) = 1000GB. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible
capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
Capacity varies depending upon RAID mode. ?
- These measurements are indications may vary by +/- 10%.
- Windows 2000, Windows XP 32-bit, and versions of Mac OS X before 10.4.6
do not recognize partitions of more than 2TB.