Canon A1200 Silver Powershot 12 Megapixels Digital Camera - A1200SL
Shoot Your Way with this Easy, Affordable New Camera.
Sleekly redesigned in classic Black or Silver, the new PowerShot A1200 digital
camera is all about capturing your memories your way. An Optical Viewfinder
gives you an easy, familiar alternative to composing shots with an LCD screen.
Smart AUTO takes care of all the details while you focus on getting the shot
you want, by intelligently selecting the proper settings for the camera based
on 32 predefined shooting situations. And now you can preserve your memories
exactly the way you see them in incredibly true-to-life 720p HD. With 12.0 Megapixels,
you'll be able to blow up your shots without losing a single detail, and the
4x Wide-Angle (28mm) Optical Zoom gets you close to the action quickly. The
camera uses AA batteries, so you'll have power anytime, anywhere. New Discreet
Mode lets you shoot where you never could before, by disabling sound, flash
and AF beam. Looking to put a little artistry in your photography? New Creative
Filters mode makes it easy with appealing options like Fisheye Effect, Miniature
Effect, Monochrome and more.
It's Your Choice: LCD or Optical Viewfinder.
The PowerShot A1200 digital camera gives you a choice that's getting increasingly
hard to find on digital cameras today. It's equipped with an Optical Viewfinder
in addition to the LCD screen. Many photographers prefer this classic, familiar
option that lets you simply hold the camera to your eye and shoot.
The camera's big, bright LCD screen gives you a wealth of important information
about the shot. However, using it to compose and focus requires that you hold
the camera away from your body. Many people do this with one hand, arms away
from the body, effectively creating camera shake that can distort a shot. Using
the Optical Viewfinder helps ensure that the camera is held steady.
The great thing is that from shot to shot, whether you use the Optical Viewfinder
or LCD screen is your choice.
- An Optical Viewfinder makes capturing images simple and easy.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based
on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- Capture memories your way as either still images or in 720p HD video.
- This stylish, powerful A-Series camera has 12.1 Megapixels and 4x Wide-Angle
Optical Zoom (28mm).
- This AA battery-powered camera enables you to easily power up on the go!
- New scene mode: Discreet Mode disables the sound, flash and AF beam so you
can still capture images in quiet areas.
- Creative Filters offers fun and artistic ways to capture photos.
- Large, clear 2.7-inch LCD makes taking and viewing images a breeze.
- Type Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 4x Optical & 4x Digital
& 16x Combined Zoom
- Type 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels Approx. 12.7 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels Approx. 12.1 Megapixels
- Focal Length 5.0 (W) - 20.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28-112mm)
- Digital Zoom 4x
- Focusing Range 1.2 in. (3cm) - infinity (W); 2.6 ft. (80cm) - infinity (T)
Macro: 1.2 in-1.6 ft. (3-50cm (W)
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder Available
- LCD Monitor 2.7-inch TFT color wide viewing angle LCD
- LCD Pixels Approx. 230,000 dots
- LCD Coverage Approx. 100%
- Maximum Aperture f/2.8 (W) - f/5.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed 1 - 1/1600 sec. 15 - 1/1600 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Sensitivity Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600
- Light Metering Method Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot** * Control
to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF ** Metering frame is
fixed to the center
- Exposure Control Method AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/30-stops increments
- White Balance Control Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent
H, Custom? (*Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF).
- Built-in Flash Auto, On, Off, FE lock, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range 12 in.-13 ft. (W), 1.6-6.6 ft. (T)/(30cm-4.0m (W), 50cm-2.0m
- Recycling Time 12 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.0V)
- Shooting Modes P, Live View Control, Auto, Easy, SCN1, Creative Filters2,
- 1Blur Reduction, Portrait, Landscape, Kids & Pets, Smart Shutter4 Low
Light, Beach, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- 2Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super
Vivid, Poster Effect
- 3Standard, Miniature Effect
- 4Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer
- Photo Effects My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Custom*?
* Adjustment of contrast, sharpness and saturation available.
- Self Timer Approx. 10-sec delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom*?* Shooting
start time (0-15 sec (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number
of shots (1-10 (in one-second increments)) can be specified.
- Storage Media SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC
MMC Plus Card
- File Format Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1 complaint
- JPEG Compression Mode Still Image: Exif 2.3 (JPEG) Movie: MOV (Image data:
H.264; Audio data: Linear PCM (monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels 4000 x 3000 (Large), 2816 x 2112 (Medium 1),
1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small), 4000 x 2248 (Widescreen)
- Playback Modes File - Easy, Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection),
Resume Playback, Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition effects, Scroll
Display), Rotate, Jump, Slide Show (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist)
- Still Images: Single, Index, Magnification, Resize, i-Contrast, Focus Check,
Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Red-Eye Correction - Movies: Normal Playback*,
slow motion**, pause, first frame, last frame, next frame, previous frame,
fast forward, fast rewind * Audio settings available in 5 levels. ** 5 levels
(including normal playback), sound not available.
- Erase Modes Still Image: single image, all images Video: any video file
- Computer Interface USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out Monaural
- Other Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo
Printers, PIXMA Inkjet Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via
camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Supply 1. 2 AA batteries (Alkaline NiMH batteries NB-3AH x2) 2. Compact
Power Adapter CA-PS800 (Used together with the DC Coupler DR-DC10) Approx.
200 shots Alkaline batteries: Approx. 8 hours AA NiMH batteries: Approx. 11
- Power Source 1. 2 AA batteries (Alkaline NiMH batteries NB-3AH x2) 2. Compact
Power Adapter CA-PS800 (Used together with the DC Coupler DR-DC10)
- Shooting Capacity Approx. 200 shots
- Playback Time Alkaline batteries: Approx. 8 hours AA NiMH batteries: Approx.
- Operating Temperature 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity 10-90%
What's In The Box:
- PowerShot A1200 Body
- 2 AA batteries
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Unit: 0.50 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Depth: 1.21"
- Height: 2.46"
- Width: 3.84"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts