Canon SX230 HS Black Powershot 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera - SX230HSBK
Bring home the beautiful memories from around the world with the Canon SX230 HS PowerShot Digital Camera. With Canon’s advanced Geo Tagging system, this PowerShot digital camera automatically tags your photographs with time and location. Featuring Canon's HS SYSTEM with a 12.1 Megapixel CMOS and DIGIC 4 Image Processor you can shoot brilliant photos even in low light conditions. The High Sensitivity system delivers crystal clear pictures with minimal noise even at high ISO speeds. The Canon 12.1 Megapixel digital camera with its bright 3.0 inch LCD with PureColor System displays vibrant colors and makes playback a treat for the eye. This digital camera with CMOS sensor also allows you to record stunning videos in full 1080p high definition. Get closer view of the subject with the powerful 14x Optical Zoom to shoot amazing telephotos. You can also capture scintillating landscapes and sceneries with the 28mm wide-angle lens.
Capture the World Through a PowerShot. Travel the world with the new
PowerShot SX230 HS digital camera. It's the first Canon PowerShot to come with
GPS technology that'll automatically tag your photos with time and locations.
You can even view all the photos' locations on a map by using special bundled
software. And with amazing features, such as the HS SYSTEM, 12.1 Megapixels,
14x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom and 1080p Full HD Video, the stylish PowerShot SX230
HS is your essential traveling companion!
Experience the Power. The Canon HS SYSTEM takes the frustration out
of low light shooting. The system delivers clear, blur-free shots with all the
ambiance intact, and frees you from the sometimes unwanted effects of using
the flash. Beautiful low light shots are possible at both low and high ISO speeds,
and the dynamic range is expanded to retain maximum detail in highlight and
The system is the result of two technologies brought together in a compact
PowerShot. The first is the 12.1 Megapixel CMOS Sensor, which positions the
light-receiving surface for optimal light reception. More light means clearer,
blur-free images with plenty of detail and nuance, even in dark areas. Working
together with the CMOS sensor to deliver the HS SYSTEM is Canon's advanced DIGIC
4 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise and delivers high speed image
- Canon's HS SYSTEM with a 12.1 Megapixel CMOS and DIGIC 4 Image Processor
improves shooting in low-light situations without the need for a flash and
lowers noise levels at higher ISO settings.
- Full 1080p HD Video for exceptional quality and keep footage stabilized
with Dynamic IS.
- Remember where you were and when your pictures were taken with a GPS tracker
that records your location, and a logger lets you view the locations on a
map via Canon's software.
- Powerful 14x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer and a 28mm Wide-Angle
lens. Great overall zoom for a family vacation to your favorite tourist destination.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based
on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- Movie Digest Mode records a short video clip right before shooting a still
image and then combines one day's worth of clips into one video.
- New scene modes, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome, add an artistic look
to your photos.
- Large, bright 3.0-inch wide PureColor System LCD with high resolution and
wide viewing angle.
- Type Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 14x Optical & 4x
Digital and 56x Combined Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer
- Type 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- Total Pixels Approx. 12.8 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels Approx. 12.1 Megapixels
- Focal Length 5.0 (W) - 70.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28 - 392mm)
- Digital Zoom 4x
- Focusing Range Normal AF: 2.0 in (5cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft (1m) - infinity
(T)? Macro AF: 2.0 in - 1.6 ft (5-50cm) (W)
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus, Manual Focus
- LCD Monitor 3.0-inch TFT LCD with wide viewing angle and Touch Panel Technology
- LCD Pixels Approx. 461,000 dots
- LCD Coverage Approx. 100%
- Maximum Aperture f/3.1 (W) - f/5.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed 1-1/3200 sec. 15-1/3200 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Sensitivity Auto, ISO 100/200/400/800/1600/3200
- Light Metering Method Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**? * Facial
brightness is evaluated in Face Detection AF? ** Metering frame is fixed to
- Exposure Control Method Manual Exposure, i-Contrast, Program Shift, Safety
Shift; AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control Auto, Day Light, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent
H, Underwater, Custom
- Built-in Flash Auto, Manual (3 levels), Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye
Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE Lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range 2.5 - 11.5 ft. (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft (T), 75cm - 3.5m (W), (1.0
- 2.0m, (T)) Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance
- Recycling Time 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes M, Av, Tv, P, Auto1, Easy, Movie Digest, Portrait, Landscape,
Kids & Pets, SCN2, Creative Filter3, Movie4
- 1 Smart Auto also available for videos.
- 2 Smart Shutter5, High-speed Burst, Best Image Selection, Handheld
Night Scene, Low Light, Beach, Underwater, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch
- 3 Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect6, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome,
Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap
- 4 Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie (Videos are recorded
by pressing the movie button)
- 5 Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer
- 6 Also available for videos
- Photo Effects My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive
Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid
Red, Custom Color *?* Adjustment of contrast sharpness, saturation, red, green,
blue and skin tone are available
- Self Timer Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom Shooting start
time (0-10 sec. (in one-second increments), 15/20/30 sec.) number of shots
(1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Continuous Shooting Normal (P Mode): 3.2 shots/sec. High-speed Burst: 8.1
- Storage Media SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card, Eye-Fi Card, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus
Card, HC MMCplus Card
- File Format Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Recording Format Normal, Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG) Video: MOV (Image: H.264;
Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Number of Recording Pixels 16:9 4000 x 2248 (Large), 2816 x 1584 (Medium
1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small) 3:2 4000 x 2664 (Large), 2816
x 1880 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small) 4:3 4000 x 3000
(Large), 2816 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small)
1:1 2992 x 2992 (Large), 2112 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480
x 480 (Small)
- Playback Modes File - Stills & Videos: Easy, Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal
detection), Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition effects, Scroll Display),
Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Movie Digest,
Filter Playback, Slide Show (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist)
- Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Location Information
Display, Resume, My Colors, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Index (4-130
thumbnails), Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Trimming, Resize, i-Contrast
- Videos: Normal Playback*, slow motion**, skip backward, next frame, previous
frame, fast forward, fast rewind, editing, resume * Auto settings available
in 5 levels ** 5 levels (including normal playback), sound not available.
- Erase Modes Select image, select range, all images The image data in the
memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can
be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).Using the Movie editing
function, sections of the movie (1 sec. increments) can be deleted.
- Video Out NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital,
audio and video) Mini-HDMI connector
- Audio Out Stereo (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital,
audio and video)
- Other SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo
Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Power Supply Battery Pack NB-5L, AC Adapter Kit CA-DC10 Approx. 210 shots
Approx. 4 hours
- Power Source Battery Pack NB-5L, AC Adapter Kit CA-DC10
- Shooting Capacity Approx. 210 shots
- Playback Time Approx. 4 hours
- Operating Temperature 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity 10-90%
What's In The Box:
- PowerShot SX230HS Body
- Battery Pack NB-5L
- Battery Charger CB-2LX
- Wrist Strap WS-DC11
- AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Unit: 0.50 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Depth: 1.31"
- Height: 2.42"
- Width: 4.16"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts