Sony DSC-TX10 Blue Waterproof Cyber-Shot Digital Camera - DSCTX10L
The Sony® Cyber-shot™ DSC-TX10 camera lets you live life on the edge.
This stylish and innovative camera will fit perfectly into your active life.
Waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, freeze-proof13, HD movies, 3D photos , Sweep
Panorama, and a touch screen, this powerful tool follows you to the edge and
proves you were there.
- Rugged and Stylish
This camera is just as much at home in the water as on a night on the town!
The sleek and stylish TX10 fits the slimmest pocket or purse, yet is waterproof
to a depth of 16 ft8, shockproof from falls up to approximately 5 ft7 and
dustproof10 thanks to its airtight construction. As well, this durable camera
can even withstand extreme weather conditions, as it is operable in temperatures
from 14- to 104-degrees Fahrenheit9. Seamlessly shifting from underwater marvels
to a night on the town, the TX10 always makes it easy to get the best shot!
- 3.0” (921K dots) XtraFine LCD™ display
3.0” (920K dots) XtraFine LCD™ technology gives you brilliant-quality
still images and movies with easy focus.
- 16.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated “Exmor R” CMOS Image Sensor
The DSC-TX10 features a 16.2 megapixel “Exmor R” CMOS image sensor
that brings out the full resolving power of the camera’s Carl Zeiss®
Vario-Tessar® lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and
stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically
reduced grain. In addition, the combined “Exmor R” CMOS sensor and
BIONZ® image processor delivers extremely fast up to 10fps, Anti Motion
Blur, Hand-held Twilight and 1080i movie modes.7
- Full HD 1080/60i
Record crystal clear movies at the highest resolution available with capabilities
for 60i in 1080 Full HD. This provides stunning, fast motion video with less
distortion for playback on your HD TV.6
- 3D Still Image and 3D Sweep Panorama™
Produce awe-inspiring images with 3D still image and 3D Sweep Panorama™
capabilities. Images will take on a new dimension to view the world in a whole
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama™ mode
With Intelligent Sweep Panorama™ mode just press the shutter, pan the
landscape and let the camera do the rest. It automatically links together
each frame to produce a high resolution panoramic image providing the ability
to zoom in on small details. This model even detects faces and moving subjects
to stitch intelligently different widths to help avoid subject distortion.
- Background Defocus
DSLR photographs are often beautiful because they blur the background, putting
the emphasis on the subject. Now our point-and-shoot cameras can deliver this
signature DSLR benefit. The system takes two shots, identifies the background
and applies a defocused background keeping the subject crisp and clear.
- Superior Auto mode
Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically
recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to
six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range using
backlight correction HDR technology and lower image noise using 6 shots layering
technology. Superior Auto intelligently detects 36 scenes for still images
and movies, making it easy to get the best shot.
- Soft Skin mode
Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones
and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the
rest of the shot.
- Natural Flash
Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors
the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without
flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike
- High speed shooting
The DSC-TX10 can capture full 16.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10
frames per second, helping to ensure that the decisive moment is captured
such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, the DSC-TX10 employs
a mechanical shutter that helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting
- Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® Lens with 25mm equivalent wide angle
4x Optical Zoom
The high-performance Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® 4x optical zoom lens
brings distant subjects closer for video recording as well as for outdoor,
sports, and travel photos, and Close Focus shoots close-ups within a ½”
of the subject. A 25mm equivalent wide-angle lens allows you to take wider
shots of the scene or group in crowded spaces.
- HDMI™ output
The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) is a compact audio/video
connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects
digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc™
player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a
compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television
(DTV). Easily connect your Cyber-shot® camera via HDMI cable(sold separately)
to any compatible HDMI device to easily enjoy and upload content.
- Smile Shutter™ technology
Smile Shutter™ technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply
press the Smile Shutter™ button and the camera does the rest. Also select
adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity.
Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter™
mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized
for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and
- Face Detection technology
Sony’s Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between
children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual
faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver
crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Motion Detection
Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity
and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in
moving subjects and faces.
- Anti-blink Function
It’s frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later
and discover subjects blinked during the photo. When the camera is set to
Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the
photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting
modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Sweep Multi Angle™ mode
In Sweep Multi Angle™ mode, the camera takes 15 images at different angles
as it sweeps across the scene. By tilting the camera during playback, the
camera’s Gyro Sensor detects motion and displays the image in a 3D-like
view on the camera’s LCD.
- Anti-Motion Blur Mode
Capture cleaner and sharper images in low light for non landscape shots. When
set in Anti-motion Blur Mode, the DSC-TX10 captures six images in a fraction
of a second with higher shutter speed and combines the data from all six to
create a single image of extraordinary detail and dramatically reduce subject
blur, beyond the capability of traditional cameras.
- Backlight Correction HDR
Shooting high-contrast scenes can often lead to washed out backgrounds and/or
details lost in shadow. Backlight Correction HDR helps correct for this by
taking three pictures at different exposure settings and processing the best
elements of all three into a single image for more natural looking shots.
- TransferJet™ technology
TransferJet™ technology, developed by Sony® and advanced and promoted
by a consortium of 18 other companies, allows the transfer of up to ten files
between two TransferJet™ enabled devices just by touching their TransferJet™
logos together, without the hassle of hunting for cables or the complication
- Compatible with PC and Mac® Systems
The Full HD video captured with the DSC-TX10 can be used with the provided
Picture Motion Browser software1 for PC and iMovie® (sold separately)
for Mac® systems.
- Includes Sony® PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.5
Sony® Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to
transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC.¹
In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD using
an external DVD burning device (sold separately), as well as take advantage
of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (such
as Facebook® and Sony’s Personal Space™ site).
- Includes Sony® PMB Portable software
With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable 5.5 software
the DSC-TX10 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and
conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet
sharing sites without the need for any additional software or install.2
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.3" (7.77mm) "Exmor R" CMOS Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ™
- Pixel Gross: 16.8MP
- Effective Picture Resolution: 16.2MP
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Media Type: optional “Memory Stick Duo” (No movie recording),
optional “Memory Stick PRO Duo” (Mark 2 only for movie recording),
optional “Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo”, optional SD Memory Card (Class
4 or higher), optional SDHC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), optional SDXC
Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- Still Image Mode: JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Approx. 16.2 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9: 12M (4,608 x 2,592) / 2M (1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 3:2: No
- Still Image Size 4:3: 16M (4,608 x 3,456), 10M (3,648 x 2,736), 5M
(2,592 x 1,944), VGA (640 x 480), 3D: 16M (4,608 x 3,456) / 16:9 (12M) (4,608
- Panorama Still Image Size: 2D: 7,152 x 1,080 (238deg) / 4,912 x 1,080
(163deg) / 4,912 x 1,920 (172deg) / 3,424 x 1,920 (120deg), 3D: 7,152 x 1,080
(238deg) / 4,912 x 1,080 (163deg) / 4,912 x 1,920 (172deg) / 3,424 x 1,920
(120deg) / 1,920 x 1,080 (64deg)
- Sweep Multi Angle Image Size: 1,920 x 1,080 (15views)
- Video Format: AVCHD / MP4 / MPEG-4 AVC(H.264)
- Video Mode: 1,920 X1,080 (FX) Approx 24Mbps Approx 60fps interlace
1,920 X1,080 (FH) Approx 17Mbps Approx 60fps interlace 1,440 X1,080 (HQ) Approx
9Mbps Approx 60fps interlace 1,440 x 1,080 Approx 12Mbps Approx 30fps, Progressive
1,280 x 720 Approx 6Mbps Approx 30fps, Progressive 640 x 480 (VGA) Approx
3Mbps Approx 30fps, Progressive
- Photo Capture from Movie: No
- Dual Record: Yes
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC
- Microphone/Speaker: Stereo / Mono
- Lens Type: Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar®
- Aperture: iAuto (F3.5-F6.3 (W)) / Program Auto (F3.5-F6.3 (W))
- Aperture (Max.): F3.5 (W)-4.6 (T)
- Optical Zoom: 4x
- Digital Zoom: Smart Zoom / Precision Digital Zoom / Off
- Smart Zoom® Technology: 10M: Approx. 5.1x (Total), 5M: Approx.
7.1x (Total), VGA: Approx. 28x (Total), 16:9 (2M): Approx. 9.6x (Total)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): Still 16:9: 27-108mm / Still 4:3:
25-100mm / Movie 16:9: 27-108mm / Movie 4:3: 33-132mm
- Filter Diameter: No
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 10 groups (including 6 aspheric
- Minimum Focus Distance: iAuto(W:~1cm(0.39'') to Infinity, T:~50cm(1.64')
to Infinity)/Program Auto(W:~8cm(0.26') to Infinity, T:~50cm(1.64') to Infinity)
- Aspheric Elements: 6
- Type: None
- Diopter Adjustment: No
- LCD Type: 3.0" (7.5cm) XtraFine LCD (921K dots)
- Angle Adjustment: No
- Brightness Control: 5 steps
- Histogram: No
- Grid Display: Yes (Off / On)
- AF Modes: 9 points AF (Under Face Undetected) / Center Weighted AF
/ Spot AF/ Flexible Spot AF (touch)
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Metering Modes: Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation: Plus / Minus 2.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- Scene Mode(s): High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait /
Soft Snap / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Hi-Speed Shutter / Underwater/
Gourmet / Pet / Soft Skin / Handheld Twilight / Anti Motion Blur / Backlight
- D-Range Optimizer: Standard
- ISO: Auto / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
- Noise Reduction: Clear RAW NR / NR Slow Shutter
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1 (White
Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting)
/ Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash /
One Push, Underwater: Auto / Underwater1 / Underwater2
- Self-timer: Off / 10sec. / 2sec. / portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds: iAuto (2" - 1/1,600) / Program Auto (1"
- Burst Mode: Approx 10 fps at 16.2MP (Maximum 10 shots)
- Flash Modes: Auto / On / Slow Syncro / Off
- Flash Coverage: ISO Auto: Approx. 0.08m-Approx. 3.7m (Approx. 0.26'-Approx.
12.13') (W) / Approx. 0.5m-Approx. 2.7m (Approx. 1.64'-Approx. 8.85') (T),
ISO3200: up to Approx. 5.2m (Approx. 17.0) (W) / Approx. 3.8m (Approx. 12.4')
- Red-Eye Reduction: Auto / On / Off
- Erase/Protect: Single / Select / Date / Folder / AVCHD
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes / Yes
- Power Save Mode: Standard / Stamina / Off
- Anti Motion Blur: Yes
- Embedded GPS: No
- Sweep Panorama: Intelligent Sweep Panorama / 3D Sweep Panorama /
Sweep Multi Angle / Underwater Sweep Panorama
- Face Detection: 8 Faces (Auto / Touch - Selected Face Memory / Child
Priority / Adult Priority/ Off)
- Smile Shutter™ technology: Yes
- Image Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot™ Image Stabilization
- In-Camera Editing: Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking
- Intelligent Auto: Yes
- Shooting Tips: Yes
- Background Defocus: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes (IPX8 5.0m 60min)
- Dustproof: Yes (IP5X)
- Freezeproof: Yes (14° - 104° F)
- Shockproof: Yes (1.5m MIL-STD810F Method 516.5-Shock)
- Superior Auto: Yes
- Tracking Focus: Off / Auto
- Blink Detection: Yes
- Memory Card Slot: MS Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC Compatible
- SD Output: Yes
- HD Output: HDMI
- USB Port(s): Yes - Multi Use Terminal
- Party Shot Compatible: No
- TransferJet: Send: Yes (Single / Select , U2 Version ), Receive:
Yes (U2 Version)
- PictBridge Compatible: No
- Battery Type: LITHIUM ION NP-BN1 3.6V
- Battery Capacity: typical: 2.3Wh (630mAh), minimum: 2.2Wh (600mAh)
- Power Requirements: AC Adaptor: AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 70mA
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 1.0W
- Supplied Software: Windows®: PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Ver.
5.5, PMB Portable
Inputs and Outputs
- Battery (NP-BN1)
- USB Charger (AC-UB10)
- USB Cable
- Paint Pen
- Wrist Strap
- Width: 3.88"
- Height: 2.25"
- Depth: 0.72"
- Unit: 0.35 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts
- PMB requires Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3/ Windows Vista® SP2/Windows
7 environments not supported. Not supported by Mac OS®.
- Uploading directly to the web requires PMB Portable software and USB cable
(included), and PC with internet connectivity. Windows® XP SP3 64-bit
and Starter Edition and Windows Vista® Starter Edition environments not
- Movie recording is limited to 29 minute segments.
- 3D viewing requires 3D HDTV, a high speed HDMI™ cable (supporting at
least 10.2 Gbps) connection and 3D glasses (all sold separately).
- TransferJet™ enabled media (sold separately) and TransferJet technology
required in both devices. Interoperability and compatibility among TransferJet™
enabled devices may vary.
- HD Viewing requires an HD output adapter cable (VMC-MD3 sold separately)
and compatible HDTV.
- This camera has been shock-proof Certified to MIL-STD-810F Method 516.5-Shock
- This camera has been waterproof certified to IEC60529 IPX8 standard.
- This camera can operate in temperatures between 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10
degrees Celsius) and 104-degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius)
- This camera is dustproof certified to IEC 60529 IP5X standard
- This camera has waterproof certified to IEC60529 IPX8 standard, shock-proof
Certified to MIL-STD-810F Method 516.5-Shock, dustproof certified to IEC 60529
IP5X standard, and can operate in temperatures between 14 degrees Fahrenheit
(-10 degrees Celsius) and 104-degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius)