Nikon COOLPIX S6100 Silver 16.0 Megapixel Digital Camera, Model COOLPIXS6100SLV
Finally, a camera you can take everywhere you go. The COOLPIX S6100 is small
enough to fit in a purse, pocket, or glove compartment—and powerful enough to
capture landscapes, close ups, and portraits. This compact camera has a 16.0-megapixel
CCD sensor that captures sharp, stunning images—along with a 7x wide-angle optical
Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens that boasts a 28-196mm optical zoom to get close to
the action. It’s ideal for day trips, weekend getaways, and last minute outings.
Touch the screen. Get the shot. Share the smiles.
The COOLPIX S6100 is ready to shoot whenever you are. Just take it out of your
pocket and frame your photo or movie in the three-inch high resolution 460,000-dot
touch monitor. Then touch the screen to adjust, focus, and shoot. It’s that
simple. The COOLPIX S6100 includes in-camera Picture Editing, so you have access
to Nikon technologies like Quick Retouch, Active D-Lighting, Soft Focus, and
many others. This camera even tracks moving subjects, automatically keeping
them in focus and minimizing motion blur. And the screen’s brightness control
and anti-glare coating make it easy to compose, view, and share your photos—you
can even watch them in a slide show, complete with music.
One-touch HD movie recording
When a still picture doesn’t tell the whole story, turn your COOLPIX S6100 into
a movie camera with the push of a single button. Instantly you’ll have HD 720p
movies, complete with stereo sound. And you won’t miss a thing because you can
zoom out to capture broad landscapes or pull in for tight shots and close ups.
Better still, watching and sharing your movies couldn’t be easier, since the
COOLPIX S6100 has an HDMI output for simple hookup to an HDTV or computer.
On the road, on the go, in your pocket!
Meet your ultimate travel companion: the ultra-slim COOLPIX S6100. It’s a mere
1.1 inches thin and weighs only 6.2 ounces. It’s so light you can slip it into
your pocket and take it to the park for a family outing, an outdoor concert,
or a day at the beach. Plus, it’s available in silver, black, red, and violet,
so it’s as fashionable as it is portable.
Fashion elegance. Nikon excellence.
The COOLPIX S6100 is brimming with the Nikon technologies that make it a breeze
to shoot high caliber photos. Its four-way Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization
System automatically reduces the streaky images associated with shaky cameras.
And its motion detector spots moving subjects and adjusts the camera’s settings
to ward off motion blur. You’re sure to get crystal clear shots regardless of
lighting conditions because the camera boasts ISO speeds up to 3200. And, with
Nikon’s Best Shot Selector, you press the shutter once. The camera then takes
10 shots and selects the sharpest image.
Carry the COOLPIX S6100 in your pocket or purse and it will always be on hand
to take great shots. Its Smart Portrait System includes Smile Timer, which releases
the shutter when a subject smiles. The COOLPIX S6100 also has Blink Proof technology,
allowing you to capture two shots and save the one with eyes open. The COOLPIX
S6100’s, in-camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects most instances of red-eye
as you shoot. Face-Priority focuses on up to 12 faces and Skin Softening smoothes
out skin tones.
Whether hiking in a park, or sitting at an outdoor café, you can easily capture
crisp, detailed shots with the COOLPIX S6100. You also have your choice of 20
different Scene Modes to match your setting, or you can simply let Scene Auto
Selector select one for you. Plus, it comes with a rechargeable Li-ion battery
that lasts for approximately 210 pictures. .
- Type: Compact Digital Camera
- Effective Pixels: 16.0 million
- Image Sensor: CCD
- Sensor Size: 1/2.3 in.
- Total Pixels: 16.44 million (approx.)
- Lens: 7x optical Zoom, NIKKOR glass lens
- Lens Focal Length: 5.0-35.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of
28-196mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Lens f/-number: f/3.7-5.6
- Lens Construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- Lens Zoom: 7x
- Digital Zoom: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx.
784mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Vibration Reduction: Lens-shift VR
- Autofocus (AF): Contrast-detect AF
- Autofocus (AF) Focus-area selection: Auto (9-area automatic selection),
Center, Face priority, Manual (focus area can be selected using the touch
panel), Subject tracking
- Focus Range:
- [W]: Approx. 1 ft. 8 in. (50 cm.) to infinity
- [T]: Approx. 3 ft. 8 in. (1.1 m.) to infinity
- Macro close-up mode: Approx. 1.2 in. (3 cm.) to infinity
- Focus Lock: Yes
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type: TFT-LCD (touch panel) with Anti-reflection coating
- Monitor Resolution: 460,000-dots
- Monitor Frame coverage (shooting mode): 97% horizontal (Approx.),
97% vertical (Approx.)
- Monitor Frame coverage (playback mode): 100% horizontal (Approx.)
- Storage Media: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Storage File System: DCF, EXIF 2.3, DPOF compliant
- Storage File formats:
- Still pictures: JPEG
- Sound files (Voice Memo): WAV
- Audio file format: AAC stereo
- HD: 1280x720p / 30fps
- Movie file format: MPEG-4 AVC H.264
- Voice Memo Function: Yes
- Image Size (pixels): 4608 x 3456 (16M)
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 80-3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-1600)
- Lowest ISO Sensitivity: 80
- Highest ISO Sensitivity: 3200
- Exposure Metering: 256-segment matrix, Center-weighted
- Exposure Control: Programmed auto exposure
- Automatic Exposure Scene Modes: Yes
- Scene Modes: Back Light, Beach, Black and White Copy, Close Up, Draw,
Dusk/Dawn, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Museum, Night Landscape, Night
Portrait, Panorama Assist, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto
Selector, Snow, Sports, Sunset
- In-Camera Image Editing: Color Options, Cross Screen, Crop, D-Lighting,
Filter Effects, Fisheye, Glamour Retouch, Miniature effect, Paint, Perspective
Control, Quick retouch, Selective Color, Skin softening, Small Pic, Soft,
- Exposure Compensation: ± 2 EV in steps of 1/3
- Exposure Lock: Yes
- White Balance: Auto, Manual
- Shutter: Mechanical and charge-coupled electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/2000-1 sec. (when ISO sensitivity set to Auto) 4
sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution: Up to 2 shots at
approx. 1.2 frames per second
- Continuous Shooting Options: Continuous
- Self-timer: Can be selected from 10 and 2 seconds duration
- Built-in flash Range (approx.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto):
- [W]: 0.5 to 4.5m (1ft 8 in. to 14 ft.)
- [T]: 1.1 to 2.4 m (3 ft. 8 in. to 7 ft. 10 in.)
- Built-in Flash Control: TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Interface: Hi-speed USB
- Interface Data transfer protocol: MTP, PTP
- Video Output: NTSC, PAL
- HDMI Output: Auto, 480p, 720p, 1080i
- I/O terminal: Audio/video (A/V) output, Digital I/O (USB), HDMI Mini
Connector (HDMI output)
- Power Sources: One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied)
- Battery / Batteries: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12
- Battery Life (shots per charge):
- Nikon Rechargeable: 210 shots (CIPA)
- Tripod Socket: ¼ (ISO 1222)
- Camera Strap AN-CP19
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12
- Charging AC Adapter EH-69P
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- Audio Video Cable EG-CP16
- Nikon ViewNX 2 Software CD
*Supplied accessories may differ depending on country or area
- Height: 2.3"
- Width: 3.9"
- Depth: 1.1"
- Unit: 6.2 oz
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts