Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm IS II Lens, Model REBELT31855KIT
The Beauty of Simplicity.
Perfect for photographers ready to make the move to digital SLR photography,
the new EOS Rebel T3 delivers beautiful photos and video, speed, simplicity
and fun. It features a 12.2 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor and Canon DIGIC 4 Image
Processor for richly detailed images and quick camera response. It has Canon's
amazing 63-zone, Dual-layer metering for accurate exposures and features Canon's
Basic+ function, HD video recording and Live View shooting, plus a convenient
in-camera Feature Guide. The EOS Rebel T3 is as beautiful as the pictures it
Get the best of out every shot with the Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera. It is the ideal camera for those who are looking to make their move to digital SLR photography. The camera includes an ideal combination of speed, simplicity, and outstanding features. A 12.2 megapixel CMOS image sensor ensures you get crystal clear images while its Canon DIGIC 4 image processor provides you with quick camera response. The Canon 12.2 MP DSLR Camera features Canon's amazing 63-zone, dual-layer metering that gets you the right exposure for your shot. HD video recording and Live View shooting are also provided in the camera to capture and share unforgettable moments in your life. Its simple good looks come along with outstanding features such 2.7-inch wide TFT LCD monitor, Quick Setting function and Creative Auto. The DSLR with HD Video is compatible with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards and the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
You’ll never miss a brilliant moment with the Canon PowerShot A2200 14.1MP Digital Camera. With a resolution of 14.1MP, this digital camera lets you capture stunning images with rich details. You can also record 720p HD videos using this digital camera. Featuring a 4x optical zoom wide-angle lens, this 720p digital camera helps you capture far-off objects with precision. It has a Smart AUTO mode that automatically selects the appropriate settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations. With the smart shutter features, this camera automatically clicks when people smile. For picture composition and playback, 14.1 megapixel digital camera integrates a large 2.7-inch LCD screen. You can add your creative touch to photos with its Creative Filters mode dial setting that gives you instant access to special filter effect and scene modes. Powered by a powerful Lithium-ion battery, this 4x optical zoom digital camera offers uninterrupted performance.
- 12.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high
image quality and speed.
- ISO 100 - 6400 for shooting from bright to dim light.
- Improved EOS HD Movie mode with expanded recording [HD: 30p (29.97) / 25p],
and with in-camera movie editing options.
- High speed, reliable 9-point AF system utilizing a high precision, f/5.6
cross-type center point.
- Enhanced metering with a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system for accurate
metering between exposures.
- 3.0 fps continuous shooting up to approximately 3 JPEGs or approximately
- 2.7-inch wide TFT LCD monitor (230,000 dots) with Live View function for
- Express your creativity with ease using advanced imaging features like the
new Basic+ function, Quick Setting function and Creative Auto.
- New Feature Guide offers short descriptions of each function and Quick Control
screen for easy operation.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
- Type: Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera with built-in flash
- Recording Media:
- SD/SDHC/SDXC card, via external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, or via
Wireless LAN (Eye-Fi card*))
- *Canon cameras are not guaranteed to support Eye-Fi card functions,
including wireless transfer. In case of an issue with the Eye-Fi card,
please consult with the card manufacturer. The use of Eye-Fi cards may
not be approved in all regions, or from one region to another; please
contact the card manufacturer for status of approval in the country/region
- Image Format: Approx. 22.0 mm x 14.7 mm
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses
- (35mm-equivalent focal length is approx.1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 12.20 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Total pixels: Approx. 12.60 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter:
- Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Fluorine coating on the top surface.
- Dust Deletion Feature
- (1) Manual cleaning
- (2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected
by a test shot and appended to subsequent images. The dust coordinate
data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically
erase the dust spots. Self Cleaning Sensor Unit not included.
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif
- File Size
- (1) Large: Approx. 12.20 Megapixels (4272 x 2848)
- (2) Medium: Approx. 6.30 Megapixels (3088 x 2056)
- (3) Small: Approx. 3.40 Megapixels (2256 x 1504)
- (4) S2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
- (5) S3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
- (6) RAW: Approx. 12.20 Megapixels (4272 x 2848)
- Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
- Recording Functions: Images record directly to the SD card. Creating
new folders and selecting folders in the card possible.
- File Numbering: Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset.
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Provided (RAW + JPEG)
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful,
Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- Settings: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent
Light, Flash, Custom (Custom WB)
- Auto White Balance: Auto white balance with the image sensor
- Color Temperature Compensation:
- White balance correction: ±9 levels
- White balance bracketing: ±3 levels in single-level increments
- Blue/amber direction or magenta/green direction possible
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
- Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95% (TD)
- Magnification: Approx. 0.8x / 22.4° (with 50mm lens at infinity,
-1 m-1 (dpt))
- Eye Point: Approx. 21 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction: Adjustable from approx. -2.5 to +0.5
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmittance: reflectance ratio
- Viewfinder Information
- 1) AF information (AF points, focus confirmation light)
- 2) Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock,
exposure level, exposure warning)
- 3) Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed
sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light)
- 4) Image information (Highlight tone priority, Monochrome shooting,
maximum burst, white balance correction, SD card information)
- Depth Of Field Preview: No depth-of-field preview button (Enabled
with C.Fn-8-5 and pressing SET)
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: 9-point all cross-type AF (f/5.6 at center: Dual Cross
- AF Working Range: EV 0 - 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- Focusing Modes
- (1) Autofocus One-Shot AF Predictive AI Servo AF AI Focus AF (Switches
between One-Shot AF and AI SERVO AF automatically) (2) Manual focus (MF)
AF Point Selection (1) Manual selection
- (2) Auto selection
- Selected AF Point Display: Indicated by superimposed display in the
viewfinder and on the LCD monitor
- AF Assist Beam
- 1) Intermittent firing of built-in flash.
- 2) Effective range: Approx. 4 m/13.1 ft at center, approx. 3.5 m/11.5
ft at periphery.
- With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist
beam is emitted instead. Compatible with 320EX, 270EX II and 270EX AF-assist
beam (intermittent flash firing).
- Metering Modes: 63-zone SPC TTL metering with selectable modes Evaluative
metering (linkable to all AF point) Partial metering (approx. 10% of viewfinder
at center) Center-weighted average metering Metering Range EV 1.0 - EV 20.0
(at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Exposure Control Systems
- (1) Program AE (program-shift possible)
- (2) Shutter-priority AE
- (3) Aperture-priority AE
- (4) Manual exposure
- (5) Automatic depth-of-field AE
- (6) Full Auto
- (7) Flash Off
- (8) Creative Auto
- (9) Program AE with ambience selection
- (10) E-TTL II autoflash program AE
- Evaluative metering, averaged metering
- ISO Speed Range:
- Auto, ISO 100 - 6400 (in whole-stop increments)
- In Creative Zone modes, the maximum ISO speed (ISO 400, 800, 1600, 3200,
or 6400) for ISO Auto can be set.
- With C.Fn-5-1 (Highlight tone priority), ISO 200 or higher will be set.
No ISO speed expansion.
- Exposure Compensation:
- (1) Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- (2) AEB : ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- AE Lock Auto AE Lock:
- Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved.
- Manual: By AE lock button
- Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically
- Electronic 1st curtain. Only 2nd curtain mechanically controlled. 1/4000
to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range
varies by shooting mode.) Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments. Soft-touch
electromagnetic release 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay Compatible with Remote
Switch RS-60E3. There is no wireless remote control sensor.
- Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically
- Electronic 1st curtain. Only 2nd curtain mechanically controlled.
- Shutter Speeds:
- 1/4000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range
varies by shooting mode.)
- Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Remote Control: Compatible with Remote Switch RS-60E3. There is
no wireless remote control sensor.
- Type: Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentaprism
- Guide Number: Approx. 9.2/30 (at ISO 100 in meters/feet), Approx.
13/43 (at ISO 200 in meters/ feet)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 2 sec.
- Flash Ready Indicator: Flash-ready icon lights in viewfinder
- Flash Coverage: Up to 17mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 28mm
in 135 format)
- FE Lock: Provided
- Flash Exposure Compensation:
- Up to ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Flash exposure compensation for built-in flash and Speedlite can be
set with the camera.
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and
average flash metering), FE lock
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
- FE: Lock Provided
- Drive Modes:
- (1) Single shooting
- (2) Continuous shooting
- (3) 10-sec. self-timer
- (4) 2-sec. self-timer
- (5) Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
- Continuous Shooting Speed:
- (1) JPEG: Max. approx. 3.0 fps
- (2) RAW: Max. approx. 2.0 fps
- (3) RAW+JPEG: Approx. 0.8 fps (averaged value)
- Maximum Burst:
- (1) JPEG: 830 shots
- (2) RAW: 5 shots
- (3) RAW+JPEG: 1 sho
- When the image-recording quality is JPEG, continuous shooting is possible
until the 4GB SD card (Canon standard test card) becomes full. However,
if you use an SD card whose writing speed is slower than our test card
or if the file size is larger than our standard test image, you might
not be able to shoot continuously until the card becomes full. With RAW+JPEG
Large/Fine, "BUSY" will be displayed. However, continuous shooting is
possible at approx. 0.8 fps (averaged value). * Based on Canon's testing
standards with a 2GB CF card, high-speed continuous shooting, ISO 100
and Standard Picture Style.
- *Varies depending on the subject, SD card brand, image-recording quality,
ISO speed, drive mode, Picture Style, etc.
- Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- 1) Autofocus
- 2) Manual Focus
- Metering Modes: Real-time Evaluative metering with image sensor
- Metering Range: EV 0 - EV 20 (At 23°C/73°F, 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO
- Grid Display:
- (1) Grid 1: Pair of vertical and horizontal lines
- (2) Grid 2: 5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
- Exposure Simulation: Provided
- Silent Shooting: Not provided
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 2.7-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 4:3) Pixels Approx.
230,000 dots (320 x 240: QVGA)
- Approx. 99%
- Viewing Angle: 170°
- Brightness Control: Adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish,
Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian,
Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese)
- Display Format:
- (1) Single image display Single image, basic information, detailed
information, histogram display
- (2) Index display 4-image index and 9-image index.
- (3) Jump display (Image jump w/ Main Dial) 1/10/100 images, shooting
date, by folder, movies, stills, rating
- Highlight Alert: On the detailed information and histogram displays,
highlight areas with no image data will blink.
- Protection: Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single
image, all images in a folder, or all images in the card.
- Erase: Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images
on folder, erase all images in a card, or erase only unprotected images.
- Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images:
- JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
- RAW images printable.
- Movies cannot be printed.
- DPOF: Version 1.1 compatible
- Custom Functions: 10 Custom Functions with 32 settings settable with
- Camera User Settings: Not provided
- My Menu Registration: Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom
Function settings can be registered.
- Battery Pack LP-E10 x 1
- * With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E10, AC power is possible.
- Battery Check:
- Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON.
- Battery level indicated in one of four levels on LCD monitor.
- Power Saving: Provided. Power turns off after 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 min.
- Date/Time Battery:
- Built-in secondary battery. When fully-charged, the date/time can be
maintained for about three months.
- * Recharge time for backup battery: Approx. 8 hours
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
- Width: 5.1"
- Height: 3.9"
- Depth: 3.1"
- Unit: 17.4 oz
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above
All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without
If a problem occurs with a non-Canon lens attached to the camera, consult the
Canon, DIGIC and EOS Rebel are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United
States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries.
Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks or registered trademarks
of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is
a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are registered
trademarks or trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or
other countries. All other products and brand names are registered trademarks,
trademarks or service marks of their respective owners in the United States
and/or other countries.