Apple iPad 2 With Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB For AT&T In White, Model MC982LLA
There's more to it. And even less of it.
Two cameras for FaceTime and HD video recording. The dual-core A5 chip. The same 10-hour battery life. All in a thinner, lighter design. Now iPad is even more amazing. And even less like anything else.
FaceTime on iPad 2 lets you drop in on your favorite people and see how they’re doing. And what they’re doing. And who they’re with. You could be anywhere, they could be anywhere. With a tap, your iPad 2 calls someone else’s iPad 2, iPhone 4, new iPod touch, or Mac over Wi-Fi.1 And there you are, face-to-face, in the middle of a friend’s party or with your family on the couch. The big, beautiful iPad display is a great place for a face, because you can really see it. Not a smile or laugh goes unnoticed, especially when iPad goes around the room and everyone waves hello. If you’ve ever missed something big and eventful, anything small yet significant, or someone’s smile, FaceTime helps you miss everything a little less.
- Photo Booth
When the mood strikes, turn the camera on yourself, make some faces, and start shooting snapshot-style. Choose from artsy, wacky, and weird effects. Twist up your face, see yourself doubled, or look like you stepped into a comic book. Photo Booth is great for parties or just for kicks. And the fun keeps coming as you keep snapping.
You check your email many times a day, and iPad actually makes it fun. Scroll through messages with your finger. See all your mail from every account at once. Type with the onscreen keyboard that helps you write. And view and open attachments right in the message. There’s no better place for an inbox.
The Internet can be a huge, hard-to-fathom kind of place. Yet iPad makes it easy to explore. Hold the web in your hands like a book or magazine. Use your fingers to move around a website, zoom in on images and text, and tap links. Once you see the web on iPad, it’s hard to see it any other way.
Download iBooks from the App Store and you’ll be even more well-read. Every story is gripping on the beautiful iPad display. Flick through page after page of bright text and gorgeous illustrations. When you’re ready for more, shop the iBookstore. And wherever you go, pull out your iPad, and get pulled back in.
There’s an HD movie or TV show playing on a plane, train, subway, or couch near you. It’s your own little big screen — 9.7 inches of high-resolution everything. Hold it in your hands or use the iPad Smart Cover as a stand. And whatever you watch is a two-thumbs-up tour de force.
It’s super-advanced show-and-tell for photos. Swipe through them one by one in all their full-screen glory. Or choose a favorite song, pick a fun transition, and create a slideshow. Turn iPad into the perfect frame with the iPad Smart Cover. Or stream photos to your HDTV with AirPlay for an even bigger show.2
- Find My iPad
Oops. You misplaced your iPad. Don’t worry, Find My iPad will help you do just what it says.3 When you first get your iPad, set up Find My iPad in a few simple steps. Then if you lose it, you’ll see the approximate location of your iPad on a map. And before you know it, you and your iPad will be happily reunited.
If you love listening to music, you’ll love seeing it, too. On the big iPad display, color pops, so your album art rocks. And when you flip through your favorite albums in Cover Flow, you’ll see just how great your music taste really is.
Anytime’s a good time to fill your iPad with music, movies, TV shows, and so much more. Tap the iTunes icon and browse around. Millions of songs and thousands of movies and TV shows are ready and waiting for you to download, right then and there. Or here and now.4
- App Store
Tap the App Store icon and you’ll find over 65,000 apps made for iPad, and counting. There are apps for anything and everything — from entertaining the kids in the backseat to packing for vacation. Many of them are free. You can download them fast. And every trip to the App Store makes your iPad even better.
With iPad, you’ll know where you are, where you’re going, and how to get there. You’ll even find things to see, places to eat, and landmarks to visit along the way. See the best routes in satellite view, terrain view, or street view. Even avoid traffic.
Get ready for really big doses of a little entertainment. YouTube on iPad makes videos easier to find and more fun to watch. After all, what’s a waiting room, conference room, or hotel room without stupid pet tricks, foreign TV shows, and skateboarding mishaps?
- Game Center
iPad is your playing field, and now you can invite anyone to get in on the game. Round up a group of friends in your gaming network, or go up against people you don’t know. Then destroy them. It’s all in good fun. Or is it?
You never know when a great idea will pop into your head. Before you lose it, pull out iPad and jot it down. The big display is the best place to keep important information, make to-do lists, and take notes. You can even email yourself reminders.
Work, home, and everything in between. All your schedules are easy to read and easy to manage on iPad — even when everything happens at once. Calendar cleans up, organizes, and creates calm in the most hectic schedules.
Contacts isn’t just names and numbers. It’s email addresses, IM nicknames, birthdays, anniversaries, websites, and anything else you can think of about everyone and anyone you know.
- Wireless and Cellular
- Wi-Fi + 3G model: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE
(850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Data only
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display
with IPS technology
- 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power
- Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording
- Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with
audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
- Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio;
VGA-quality still camera
- Tap to control exposure for video or stills
- Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi
- Power and Battery8
- Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using 3G data network
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- 30-pin dock connector port
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker
- Micro-SIM card tray
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- Digital compass
- Assisted GPS
- Audio Playback
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected
AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats
2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF,
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through with Apple Digital AV
Adapter (sold separately)
- TV and Video
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital
AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (cables sold separately)
- Video out support at 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i
and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second,
Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo
audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps,
640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio
up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov
file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels,
30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Mail Attachment Support
- Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx
(Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers
(Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and
.pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf
(contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
- Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France),
German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish,
Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish,
Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian,
Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak,
Croatian, Catalan, and Vietnamese
- Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France),
French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German, Traditional Chinese (Handwriting,
Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Wubihua), Simplified Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin,
Wubihua), Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal),
Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji, Ten Key),
Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hungarian,
Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew,
Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin),
Catalan, Vietnamese, Tibetan, Macedonian, and Cherokee
- Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English
(U.S.), English (UK), French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified
Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal),
Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji), Japanese
(Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Flemish,
Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malaysian, Romanian, Slovak,
Croatian, Catalan, Vietnamese, and Cherokee
- Support for playback of closed-captioned content
- VoiceOver screen reader
- Full-screen zoom magnification
- White on black display
- Mono audio
- Enviromental Requirements
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000
- Enviromental Status Report
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Computer Requirements
- USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- iTunes 10.2 or later recommended
- iTunes Store account
- Internet access
- USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with
Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.2 or later recommended
- iTunes Store account
- Internet access
What's in the Box
- Dock Connector to USB Cable
- 10W USB Power Adapter
- Height: 9.50"
- Width: 7.31"
- Depth: 0.34"
- Unit: 1.34 lbs5
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Requires a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection or a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection. Not available in all areas.
- AirPlay is compatible only with the second-generation Apple TV.
- Find My iPad is not available in all countries.
- The iTunes Store is available only to persons age 13 or older in the U.S. and many other countries; see www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww for a list of countries. Requires iTunes, compatible hardware and software, and Internet access; broadband recommended (fees may apply).
- Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 3G data plan sold separately.
- Testing conducted by Apple in February 2011 using preproduction iPad 2 units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, audio playback, and Internet browsing using Wi-Fi or 3G. Video content was a repeated 2-hour 23-minute movie purchased from the iTunes Store. Audio content was a playlist of 358 unique songs, consisting of a combination of songs imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC encoding) and songs purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Internet over Wi-Fi and 3G tests were conducted using dedicated web and mail servers, browsing snapshot versions of 20 popular web pages, and receiving mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network (except for Internet browsing over 3G); the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off. Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad 2 units; actual results may vary.
© 2010 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. iPad™ and Multi-Touch™ are trademarks of Apple Inc.