Key Digital HDMI/DVI To Dual CAT5/5e/6 Cable Extender, Model KDCATHD
The current firmware of various Satellite service providers has an EDID interpretation
bug that is prone to errors during 3D content playback via CAT5 baluns. To isolate
this issue we recommend use any of Key Digital® Phantom Series™ HDMI Distribution
Amplifiers, or Key Digital® Phantom Series™ HDMI Switchers, between Set Top
Box and KD-CATHD HDMI balun. The HDMI Distribution Amplifier or Switcher must
be set to the 3D default EDID.
- 3D - Capability to pass 3D stereoscopic signal formats
- 4K - 4096x2160/24 video resolution support for commercial applications such
as Digital Movie Theaters, CAD, Post Production, Graphics and etc.
- Contains 1 KD-CATHDTX Transmitter Balun and 1 KD-CATHDRX Receiver Balun
- Supports all SD, HD, and VESA (VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, SXGA, UXGA) resolutions
up to 1080p (60Hz & 50Hz)
- SD & HD: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- VESA / DVI: From 640x480p up to 1920x1200p
- Full Support for HDMI® 1.4 with HDCP, 12-Bit Deep Color Video
- Supports lossless compressed digital audio:
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS™-HD Master Audio
- Works with CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cabling. It is recommended that shielded
(STP) CAT6 cabling be used for optimum performance in hostile electrical environments.
- Not recommended for use with Shielded CAT5 & Shielded CAT5e cabling.
- Transmits (KD-CATHDTX) and receives (KD-CATHDRX) HDMI 1080p/60 signals up
to 150 feet and HDMI 1080p/24, 1080i, 720p signals up to 300 feet over two
- Allows extension of HDMI signals distances that standard HDMI cables cannot
- Enables the use of less expensive CAT5/5e/6 UTP cabling for HDMI/DVI signal
- Inputs: KD-CATHDTX - 1 HDMI connector. KD-CATHDRX - 2 CAT5 IN on
- Outputs: KD-CATHDTX - 2 CAT5 OUT on RJ45 connectors
- Bandwidth: 10.2 Gb/s TMDS bandwidth
- EQ Adjustments: Auto Adjust
- Link and Range: Single Link: (1080p/60) 12 bit color depth, 1920x1200
max. UTP 140 ft., STP 150 ft.; (1080i/60, 720p, 1080p/24) UTP 280 ft., STP
- Deep Color Support: Supports Digital Video Formats in Deep Color
Mode at up to 12 bits/color
- Lossless Compressed Digital Audio: Supports lossless compressed digital
audio (Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus and DTS™-HD Master Audio)
- DDC Signal (Data): Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- HDMI Video/Audio Signal: Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
- HDMI Connector: Type A, 19 Pin Female
- RJ45 Connector: Shielded Link Connector RJ45
- DDC Communication: EDID and HDCP Transparency from Display to Source
- Power: External Power Supply – 5V DC / 2A, 110-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Width: 1.75"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 3.5"
- Unit: 0.6 lbs
- Shipping: 1.5 lbs
- * Key Digital® HDMI® product specifications are given using only Key Digital
HDMI cables. Using any other cables can alter or prevent your Key Digital
HDMI product from meeting the given f eatures and benefits of our advanced
line of HDMI products. HDMI Products using CAT5/6/7 cabling should be properly
terminated and of high grade in order to maintain the best performance possible.