Apple 15.4 Inch MacBook Pro 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core Silver Notebook Computer, Model Z0LZ00072
- Same As MC721LLA with high resolution antiglare widescreen display and faster hard drive
- Up to 2x faster processors and 3x faster graphics.
- Next-generation quad-core and Quad-core Intel processors.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro now features a 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 processor or the fastest Quad-core processor available — the 2.7GHz Intel Core i7. With Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.4GHz, these processors allow the 13-inch MacBook Pro to perform up to twice as fast as the previous generation.
But we couldn’t leave fast enough alone. The new 15- and 17-inch models bring quad-core power to almost everything you do. The available 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor — with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.4GHz and up to 8MB of shared L3 cache — enables these MacBook Pro models to run applications up to twice as fast as their top-of-the-line predecessors.
- The graphics performance you need, when you need it.
The integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor — now included across the MacBook Pro lineup — handles the things you do every day. It encodes video quickly, making HD video calls with FaceTime possible. And it decodes efficiently, so you get long playback time for DVDs and iTunes movies.
For graphics-intensive applications, the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro models automatically switch to new high-performance AMD Radeon graphics processors. With up to 3x the performance of the previous models,3 they let you see more frames per second in 3D games, or work on HD video projects with more speed and responsiveness than before.
- Introducing Thunderbolt.
The fastest, most versatile I/O ever in a notebook.
Imagine accessing multiple streams of uncompressed HD video — from your notebook — at speeds that let you edit an HD feature film in real time. That’s how Thunderbolt technology will connect the next generation of high-performance peripherals to the next generation of computers — starting with MacBook Pro. Ultrafast and ultraflexible, the Thunderbolt pipeline is more than 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0, and it offers unprecedented expansion capabilities. It changes what you can do on a notebook.
The Thunderbolt port will give you plug-and-play performance with a whole new world of Thunderbolt peripherals, as well as with the Apple LED Cinema Display and other Mini DisplayPort peripherals. You can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display. And with support for video and eight-channel audio, it’s easy to connect HDMI-compatible devices — like your TV and home stereo — using the HDMI adapter you already have. Current VGA, DVI, and DisplayPort adapters are also supported.
- The new FaceTime HD camera. The difference is clear.
Get more of your friends in the picture with crisp, widescreen HD video. The new FaceTime HD camera gives you three times the resolution of the previous camera — perfect for the brilliant LED-backlit display — along with improved low-light performance. You and your friends can make 720p HD calls from one new MacBook Pro to another. You can also make video calls to other Intel-based Mac computers,4 iPhone 4, or the new iPod touch.
- Multi-Touch trackpad.
Be more hands-on.
The Multi-Touch trackpad is the most natural way to interact with what’s on your screen, and the smooth glass surface gives you plenty of room for gestures. Pinch to zoom in and out, swipe to flip through photos, rotate to adjust an image, and much more. The buttonless design lets you click anywhere. And if you’re coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.
- A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
The new MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. And that’s with more powerful processors and faster graphics. An energy-efficient processor architecture with an integrated video encoder, along with automatic graphics switching in the 15- and 17-inch models, all help improve battery life. So you can expect to surf the web wirelessly for up to 7 hours on a single charge. Or take your entire creative studio on the road for live performances or a location shoot. Advanced chemistry and Adaptive Charging give you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles — nearly three times the lifespan of typical notebook batteries. And because the MacBook Pro battery lasts up to five years, MacBook Pro uses just one battery in the same time a typical notebook uses three. That’s better for you and for the environment.
Apple is using a new, more rigorous battery test that measures the results you can expect in the real world — like surfing your favorite sites in a coffee shop or catching up on the latest web videos. Even using this new test, MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. For your real life.
- It’s very well connected.
When you’re out and about, the latest 802.11n wireless technology in MacBook Pro makes it easy to get connected just about anywhere.7 MacBook Pro automatically finds available networks and allows you to join them with a click. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can use your favorite wireless accessories right out of the box.
- Ports with possibility.
With the new Thunderbolt port, you can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display, to create a full-fledged workstation. Two USB 2.0 ports (three on the 17-inch MacBook Pro) and a FireWire 800 port let you connect your iPad, iPod, iPhone, digital cameras, and external hard drives.
The new SDXC card slot on the 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pro models supports up to 64GB cards and makes it a snap to transfer all those photos to and from your MacBook Pro, so you can edit and share them on the spot. And the ExpressCard/34 slot on the 17-inch MacBook Pro is perfect for an eSATA adapter — or even a 3G wireless card for times when no Wi-Fi network is available.
- Burn DVDs superfast.
After using iMovie and iDVD to edit and apply the finishing touches to your home movie, use the 8x SuperDrive on MacBook Pro to burn it to DVD in no time. Since the SuperDrive writes to double-layer discs (DVDs with nearly 9GB of space), it’s great for backing up data, too.
- MagSafe Power Adapter
The power cord is held in place magnetically, so if someone should trip over it, the cord disconnects harmlessly and your MacBook Pro stays put safely.
- Thunderbolt Port
Thunderbolt lets you connect high-performance devices and high-resolution displays to a single, compact port. It even supports Mini DisplayPort devices — such as your Apple LED Cinema Display or an HDMI adapter for your television.
Connections and Expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- SDXC card slot
- Kensington lock slot
- Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit antiglare widescreen display with support for millions of colors
Graphics and Video Support
- AMD Radeon HD 6490M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR5 memory
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5
- Automatic graphics switching
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- FaceTime HD camera
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (optional)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (optional)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display (optional)
- HDMI audio and video output using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
Processor and Memory
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB
Battery and Power7
- 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive6
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Built-in 77.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F
(10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F
(-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
What’s in the box:
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Software DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
Environmental Status Report:
- MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold4
- Height: 0.95"
- Width: 14.35"
- Depth: 9.82"
- Unit: 5.6 lbs1
- Shipping: 11 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- PVC-free AC power cord is available in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.
- MacBook Pro achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the UK.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 384MB.
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in February 2011 using preproduction 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Battery life varies by use and configuration.