Energy Star Rated - No
Friedrich Kuhl Black And Silver Window Air Conditioner - SM18M30
The only commercial-grade room air conditioning.
From components and construction to testing and performance, there’s simply
no other room air conditioner like Kühl. We challenged our engineering team
to abandon conventional thinking and create the ultimate, commercial-grade room
air conditioner. It had to be durable and high-performing, yet quiet. The design
had to be cutting edge. And we insisted on unique features that would take comfort,
indoor air quality and energy management to unprecedented levels.
- Better energy management: Program up to four distinct temperature
settings per day for seven days to keep energy consumption and costs under
control, particularly when spaces are unoccupied. Kühl can be operated using
the unit’s LCD control panel, remote control or a central thermostat. Plus,
the LCD settings lockout feature prohibits occupants from changing the temperature.
- Cooling for any space: Unlike many manufacturers, we give you a full
range of capacities in one line. Kühl can cool a single room or large commercial
space efficiently and cost-effectively, so there’s no need to install an expensive
- Improved air quality: Kühl’s larger vent openings provide superior
fresh-air intake and stale-air exhaust. The optional premium carbon filter
used with the standard antimicrobial filter has filtration ratings as high
as MERV 6 while absorbing odors and reducing ozone and VOCs.
- Easier installation and maintenance: Kühl’s firm-grip handles and
slide-out chassis make installation and removal much quicker. The on-board
electronic maintenance indicators and error code storage take the guesswork
out of identifying and addressing issues. We even include the nut driver needed
to install the front cover.
Comfort and Durability
- Commercial-grade durability
- Advanced programmable 7-day thermostat
- Significant energy saving over standard controls when programmability is
used to optimize ON/OFF schedule and temperature
- 24-hour timer
- 4 cooling and 4 fan-only speeds*
- Automatic fan speed adjustment
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the
- 8-way air-flow control
- Temperature readout can alternately display set temperature, room temperature,
outdoor temperature or digital clock
- LCD panel automatically dims if not in use
- LCD settings lockout option (ON/OFF) prohibits occupants from changing temperature
- Unit may be wired to a wall thermostat (such as Friedrich RT6) for easy
access to controls when unit is installed in an inaccessible location
- Scratch-resistant cabinet
- Auto restart, long-term flash memory saves settings. Clock is backed up
by 7-year battery.
- Sealed control panel protects from dust, moisture and contaminants
- Control module is separate from touch controls for better protection from
the elements, abusive handling or accidental damage, and to minimize repair
- Premium remote control allows user to activate schedule, adjust temperature
and fan speed or select auto-fan
Sound Reduction Technology
- Extra-thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside
- Steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise
- Precision engineering and unique airflow path maximize air flow while delivering
ultra quiet operation
- Vibration-isolating design and components diminish traditional operating
Maintenance and Installation
- Electronic maintenance indicators include check filter reminder and error
- Sleeve dimensions have remained the same for 20+ years for easy replacement
- Slide-out chassis for more permanent installation and easier access for
- Unit installs in a window or through a wall
- Unit includes heavy duty window installation hardware (optional accessory
- Rugged hardboard side panels for a more permanent installation
- Power cord can run either left or right
- Defrost control protects coil against freezing
- Firm grip handles for easier chassis installation and removal
- Nut driver included for front cover assembly
Health and IAQ
- Washable antimicrobial air filter
- Optional premium dual-stage carbon filtration system removes allergens,
odors, ozone and other impurities from the air
- In lab testing, combining the optional carbon filter with the standard
antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air-filtration rating as high as
MERV 6, reducing ozone and VOCs Link to Accessories
- Superior fresh-air intake and stale air exhaust vents offer additional air
- Electronic indicators include check filter reminder and error code storage
- Hinged door for easy filter access
Safety and Security
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection deters kick-in intrusions by securing
the unit in the sleeve with a steel retaining wire
- LCDI power cord current leakage protected
- Unique aluminum grille protects unit from damage
- Insect barrier
Unique Digital Control System
- Precision control over all Kühl's functions
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy
- Ozone-friendly R-410A refrigerant
- RoHS compliant
- 12 ENERGY STAR® qualified models, including all Heat Pumps
- Recyclable packaging
- Cooling Capacity 17500/17200
- EER 10.7/10.7
- Moisture Removal 4.6 pints/hour.
- Operating Temperatures (Cooling): 60.
- Air Circulation (CFM) 350 CFM
- Depth to Louvers 8 3/4"
- Sleeve Size M
- Voltage 230/208
- Cooling Amps 7.4/8.0 amps
- Air Circulation 350 cubic feet per minute
- Est. Yearly Operating Costs $131
- Moisture Removal 4.6 pints/24 hours
- Operating Temperatures (Cooling) 60
- Performance Certifications AHAM, UL, cUL
- Remote Thermostat Compatible: Yes
- Unit: 140 lbs
- Shipping: 158 lbs
- Depth: 29"
- Height: 17.94"
- Width: 25.94"
- Min Width: 27.38"
- Max Width: 42"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts