Yamaha 2 Channel Black Natural Sound Stereo Receiver, Model RS500BL
Superior sound stereo receiver combining ToP-ART technology and ART Base chassis
construction provide for crisp, clean sound. Advanced features include continuously
variable loudness control, Pure Direct along with Yamaha iPod dock connection,
SIRIUS Radio Ready, 40-station AM/FM and zone 2 control gives an assurance of
total music enjoyment.
- 12V Trigger Out (Control Out)
The 12V trigger output can be used to automatically power on the components
in Zone 2 when the main power is turned on. Output is a high 100mA, so relay
operation is possible.
- Remote (IR) 2 In/Out and Remote 2 In
These terminals let you connect an IR signal receiver for wireless remote
control between the Main Zone and Zone 2.
- Speaker A/B and A+B Selection
Enjoy music in a second room! Just connect a second pair of speakers to the
Speaker B terminals and you can listen to either pair or both of them at the
- The Look and Texture of Quality
Offers the look and feel of the top-class A-S2000, with elegant aluminum front
panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. You can feel Yamaha's commitment
to quality when you touch the knobs.
- ToP-ART Sound Quality Design
ToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology) design uses a symmetrical
layout for accurate sound field reproduction and the ART Base to eliminate
effects from external vibration.
- Pure Direct
Music signals travel the shortest possible route, bypassing the buffer amp
and tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal
degradation for the purest sound quality.
- New Speaker Terminals
These high grade speaker terminals have silver plating for best connection
and outstanding durability. The pitch between jacks is wider for easier insertion.
- Highest Quality Parts
The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically
determines the sound quality of any component. Yamaha uses only very high
quality parts, carefully selected and tested.
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
Our ears lose sensitivity to high and low frequencies at low volume levels.
This control lets you turn down the volume while maintaining the optimum frequency
- Special Power Supply for Clear iPod Sound
The iPod dock has an independent power supply to prevent operating or charging
current from the iPod from flowing into the amp ground signal. This ensures
optimum iPod sound quality.
- Balanced System for Minimal Noise
An unbalanced interface is subject to commonmode voltage noise, so Yamaha
uses a balanced system to receive the iPod signal. This makes a significant
contribution to reducing noise in the system for higher sound quality.
- New Remote Controls
The R-S500 preset remote control is designed to make it easy to operate the
receiver's many functions.
- 75W x 2 high power output
- 40-station AM/FM random access preset tuning
- Speaker A, B or A+B selection
- Pure Direct for short and direct signal path
- Subwoofer Out
- Rec Out selector
- Power management (Auto power off)
- Preset remote control
- ToP-ART Technology: Yes
- RMS Output Power: 75W x 2
- XM Satellite Radio Ready: Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
- Pure Direct Switch: Yes
- THD: [0.04%]
- Linear Damping Factor (Speaker A): 150 or more
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control: Yes
- REC Out: Yes
- Remote Controllable Master Volume Control: Yes
- 40-Station Preset Tuning: Yes
- Zone 2 Output: Yes
- IR Ports: 1 In / 1 Out
- Width: 17.125"
- Height: 6"
- Depth: 15.25"
- Unit: 22.5lbs
- Shipping 29 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Two Years Parts