K40 RL Series Concealed Radar Detection System, Model RL360
360º Force Field™ of Protection
The K40 RL Series Radar Dectection systems, combined with the Defuser EX or
EX2, gives you total protection from every kind of police radar and laser used
today. From the front, the rear and the sides, the K40 RL series are a virtual
Force FieldTM of protection
- It's invisible! You'll only know it's there when you need it
Unlike any other radar detection system or portable radar detector on the
market, the K40 RL Series are invisible. No plugs, no wires, no unsightly
box to compromise the elegance of your automobile's interior, or draw the
attention of police or vandals.
- Know where the threat is coming from
The K40 RL360's patented design includes a concealed system in the front of
your automobile, aiming forward, and another concealed system in the rear
of your vehicle, aiming behind, giving you twice the protection of any other
radar detector on the market. Two LEDs discreetly integrated into your automobile's
cockpit alert you of either oncoming or rear approaching radar threats. A
voice or tone will notify you of the direction of the threat as well as the
band frequency being used. No surprises. You're in control and free to drive
- Customized for your automobile
The make, model, interior, accessory package, and even the color of your vehicle
will determine its components, programming and installation. Your authorized
K40 Dealer is an expert you can trust, and your K40 Consultant is only a phone
call away. Please call 800.323.5608 Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM
and 5:00 PM. You'll be surprised and delighted by our knowledgable and available
experts. No maze of voice prompts. No voicemail. Just real people.
- Customized for the way you drive
Where do you live? What is your primary driving environment? Urban highways
and city streets? Rural roads and low traffic interstates? On the open road,
how fast do you typically drive? Who else drives your automobile? The K40
RL Series system features, some of them noted below, can all be programmed
and customized for your automobile and the way you drive.
- GPS lets you mark locations where you need an alert
The K40 RL Series allows you to build your own data base of locations that
are important to you, such as dangerous intersections, speed traps, school
zones and portable speed cameras. You can Mark to AlertTM or unmark any location
with one press of a button.
- Quiet RideTM
The K40 RL Series allows you to set a minimum MPH detection speed that eliminates
all audible alerts until the vehicle exceeds that selected speed. It's ideal
for long road trips or when you only want to be alerted if you exceed a set
- Speed MonitorTM
This feature gives the driver a constant audible alert whenever a preselected
speed is exceeded. The interior LEDs will also illuminate. Great for young
or new drivers and accidental lead foot. Self control. Parental control.
- You won't pay for a speeding ticket. Guaranteed.
When you choose a radar detector, it's for one reason: you don't want the
hassle and expense of a speeding ticket. Rest assured, with the K40 RL Series,
you will never get a speeding ticket. We guarantee it. If you do, we'll pay
the ticket. No hassle. No questions. For your safety and the safety of others,
the only exceptions to this are for speeding tickets issued in a school or
construction zone, or in conjunction with a DUI violation.
- Operating Frequencies: 10.500 - 10.550 GHz (X band) 24.050 - 25.250 GHz
(K band) 33.400 - 36.000 GHz (Ka band) GHz = gigahertz
- Power Requirements: 11.0 - 16.0 Volts DC negative ground 170 mA typical
- Temperature Range: -40o - +165o farenheit
- Sensitivity: Detects all types of FCC approved police radar at maximum
range and sensitivity
- Recommended Use: For highway travel or in any area in which you are
unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
- Sensitivity: The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it
is the most common source of non-police radar signals. K, KA and Laser remain
at full sensivity.
- Recommended Use: When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police
- Sensitivity: X-band detection is eliminated completely. K and KA
band sensitivity are reduced by 50%.
- Recommended Use: Use this mode when traveling in congested traffic
areas with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
- Hand Held Remote Control - Visor clip or dash mounting options
- Voice Type - Female or Male
- Alert Type - Voice or Tones
- Distinct Tones for all Bands - X, K, Superwide KA and Laser alerts
(when optional Laser Defuser EX or EX-2 are incorporated)
- Fully Independent Customization - Each radar receiver can be independently
customized for band awareness and alerts
- Test - Self test - audible and visual at start-up
- Abbreviated Test - Optional abbreviated start-up self test
- Display Type - Single/Dual blue LED's or warning pods custom integrated
into drivers cockpit view
- Signal Strength Indicators - Audible geiger strength indications
- Remote Control: 1.30 in L x 2.80 in W x.46 in H
- Front Radar Receiver: 4.10 in L x 3.20 in W x 2.00 in H w/attached
- Rear Radar Receiver: 4.10 in L x 3.20 in W x 2.00 in H w/attached
- GPS Antenna: 2.00 in L x 2.00 in W x .50 in H w/attached 20' cable
- Interior Host Module: 5.749 in L x 3.249 in W x 0.90 in H w/ attached
audio quality speaker