Gaggeneau 36" Ultra Slim Electric Cooktop - CE490612
The sleek design of Gaggenau’s CE 490 electric cooktop does double duty in
the kitchen, adhering to Gaggenau’s credo of timeless, modern design while offering
the output levels of Gaggenau’s traditionally sized electric cooktop. At just
over a foot deep, the CE 490 electric cooktop creates a new vision for the kitchen
and opens up valuable counter space.
- Twist-Pad control The manoeuvrable magnetic knob on the Twist-Pad
simplifies control of the cooking zone: To activate, move knob in direction
of the cooking zone; then turn to select desired cooking level. LED displays
in the cooking zone indicate the selected level. The magnet always brings
the knob back into its resting position in the middle of the Twist-Pad. For
easy cleaning of the smooth cooking zone, the knob can simply be removed.
The main switch and additional functions such as timer, memory cooking or
boosting are activated through touch keys.
- Automatic quick boil Any chosen cooking level is briefly increased
by four levels. The appliance automatically switches back to the set continued
cooking level after approximately four minutes. The time can be set individually
in the options menu, e.g. when using pots and pans with different degrees
of thickness. This function does not involve a power increase in comparison
with the maximum level, but reliably prevents boiling over.
- Electronic precision temperature control A light touch of the sensor
button is enough to switch on one or more cooking zones and select the desired
power setting. This provides ideal conditions for cooking dishes or recipes
for which temperature settings are crucial, as no temperature peaks are reached.
- Automatic cooking timer The required time for automatic shut-off
on of one or several cooking zones can be chosen up to 90 minutes. You can
also use the integrated time as a short-term reminder independently of functioning
- Memory function All settings and timer values are stored for a few
seconds after the cooktop is switched off, so that if the appliance is switched
off unintentionally, all previously entered values are restored.
- Safety lock After running for four hours, the appliance automatically
switches itself off if it receives no operator commands during this time.
- Child lock Activated through Twist-Pad control by removing the magnetic
- Residual heat indication All cooking zones of Gaggenau glass ceramic
electric cooktops feature their own individual residual heat indication. This
safety facility signals whenever cooking zones are still radiating residual
heat after use.
- 1 Super-Quick cooking zone
- 7" (1,500 W), converts to
- 9" (2,400 W) cooking zone.
- 1 Super-Quick cooking zone
- 7" (2,000 W) cooking zone.
- 2 Super-Quick cooking zones
- 5.75" (1,200 W)
- Main switch.
- Operation indication.
- Individual residual heat indication.
- Child lock.
- Safety lock.
- Plan a connecting cable.
- Total rating: 6.8 kW
- Total Amps: 28
- 220 - 240 V / 60 Hz
- Unit: 32 lbs
- Shipping: 40 lbs
- Depth: 14.19"
- Height: 3.94"
- Width: 36"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts