Apple 2.8GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 iMac Desktop Computer - Z0M5TBD4
LED backlighting.One bright idea.
Full brightness with no waiting. That’s the advantage of the LED-backlit iMac display. Unlike displays that take time to warm up before they reach maximum brightness, an LED-backlit display is instantly on and uniformly bright. LED backlighting also lets you finely tune the iMac display to suit the ambient light in even the dimmest room.
More pixels. Better picture.
The 21.5-inch iMac features 1920-by-1080 resolution. The 27-inch iMac boasts even greater resolution of 2560-by-1440. That’s a whopping 78 percent more pixels than the 21.5-inch model. And more pixels mean images look crisp and true to life. A 1000:1 contrast ratio gives you more vibrant colors and blacker blacks. All in a 16:9 aspect ratio — the same as an HDTV.
Stunning from every angle.
The iMac display looks great from any seat in the house, thanks to a premium display technology called in-plane switching (IPS). IPS gives you a bright picture with excellent color — even if you’re viewing the display from the side.
Next-generationquad-core Intel processors.
Powered by quad-core processors, the new iMac is our fastest yet — up to 70 percent faster than the previous generation.1 Every model in the lineup comes standard with the latest Intel Core i5 quad-core processor. You even have the option to configure the 21.5- or 27-inch iMac with the Intel Core i7, the fastest quad-core processor available. But why stop there? Add up to 16GB of DDR3 memory and an ultrafast 256GB solid-state drive,2 and you’ve got an all-in-one that can handle just about anything.
All-new advanced AMD Radeon HD graphics.
With advanced AMD Radeon HD graphics processors across the line, iMac performs even better than before — up to three times better, in fact. So you see more frames per second in 3D games, and you can edit HD home videos with more speed and responsiveness than you ever thought possible.
Thunderbolt. The fastest, most versatile I/Oin a desktop.
Ultrafast and ultraflexible, the Thunderbolt port features two 10-Gbps data channels for data transfer that’s up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. And it offers unprecedented expansion capabilities for a new generation of high-performance peripherals. The new 27-inch iMac gives you not just one but two Thunderbolt ports. So in an instant, iMac can go from a family computer to a filmmaker’s dream machine.
The new FaceTime HD camera. The better to see you with.
Get more of your friends in the picture with crisp, widescreen HD video. The new FaceTime HD camera lets you make FaceTime video calls in 720p resolution. The picture is so clear, it will look and feel almost like you’re in the same room. Make HD calls from one new iMac to another or to a new MacBook Pro. You can also make video calls to other Intel-based Mac computers, iPad 2, iPhone 4, or the latest iPod touch.
Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad. Multi-Touch by choice.
Now you can choose the perfect cord-free setup. When you buy your new iMac from the Apple Online Store, you have the option to swap Magic Mouse for Magic Trackpad at no extra cost. With Magic Mouse, you can perform simple gestures across its smooth, seamless top shell. Scroll in any direction with one finger, swipe through web pages and photos with two, and click and double-click anywhere. For full gesture support, opt for Magic Trackpad. Made with a touch-friendly all-glass surface, Magic Trackpad is the largest Multi-Touch trackpad made by Apple. So there’s plenty of room for scrolling, swiping, pinching, rotating, and then some.
The new Thunderbolt port lets you daisy-chain as many as six devices plus an additional display. So with just one port you can create the ultimate do-anything desktop. If you choose the new 27-inch iMac, a second Thunderbolt port lets you expand even more. And since Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, you can plug any Mini DisplayPort display right into the Thunderbolt port.
USB and FireWire
Bring on your iPad, iPod, digital camera, mobile phone, and external hard drive — there’s no shortage of ports on iMac. Four USB 2.0 ports and a FireWire 800 port give you plenty of peripheral possibilities.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The latest 802.11n wireless technology in iMac makes it effortless to connect to a Wi-Fi network. iMac automatically finds available networks and lets you join them with a click. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can use your favorite wireless accessories right out of the box.
Transfer photos and videos to your iMac as fast as you take them. The built-in SDXC card slot supports SD and SDHC cards with capacities up to 2TB. Just insert your camera’s memory card and import your photos to iPhoto.
- 21.5-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colors
- Resolution: 1920 by 1080 pixels
- Processor and Memory:
- Processor: 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
- Memory: 8GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
- Storage: 2TB (7200 rpm) hard drive
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory
- Video Support and Camera:
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
- Built-in microphone
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Connections and Expansion:
- One Thunderbolt port on 21.5-inch iMac
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- SDXC card slot
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive with 4x double-layer burning (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Audio in/out
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- IR receiver
- Apple Wireless Keyboard: Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
- Magic Mouse: Smooth, seamless Multi-Touch surface with support for simple gestures (scrolling and swiping). Click and double-click anywhere. Ambidextrous construction accommodates left- and right-handed users.
- Wi-Fi: 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- Electrical and Operating Requirements:
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 205W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -4° to 116° F (-20° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Sound pressure level (operator position): 18 dBA at idle
- Environmental Status Report:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosures
- Meets ENERGY STAR 5.2 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold
- Included Software:
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard:
Includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools, and more.
Includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, and iWeb.
What's In The Box:
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 17.75"
- Width: 20.8"
- Depth: 7.42"
- Unit: 20.5 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs