Kingston 16GB Wi-Drive Wireless External Hard Drive - WID16GBZ
With integrated Wi-Fi and four hours of battery life, Kingston's new Wi-Drive
offers pocket-sized portable storage and easy file sharing for Apple devices,
including iPod touch® Gen 3 and 4, iPhone® (3G, 3GS, and 4G) and iPad®.
Accessing or sharing your personal media has never been easier. With Wi-Drive,
you can add another 16GB or 32GB of space accessed wirelessly from your digital
device and the content can even be shared with two other people so you are no
longer limited to the space available within your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Whether at home, by the pool or on the road, Wi-Drive lets you take more content
with you without running out of storage space. Just back-up your files before
you go and wirelessly access them from Wi-Drive when you need them.
- Portability: Wi-Fi enabled so you can take your favorite media with
you – and not be tethered to your computer. Just use your digital device
as a player and display.
- Expanded storage: Add 16GB or 32GB of storage space for more of your
favorite music, photos, videos, PDFs and more. It's also a great companion
for Windows users on iPads, as it removes the frustration of using auto sync
to view content.
- Casual Sharing: Wi-Drive lets you share your favorite media with
three users simultaneously – without any hassles. Access to the drive
is done over the 802.11 g/n protocol, just like your typical home wireless
hub, with a password. Carry extra files and content with you and use your
iPad, iPod touch or iPhone as a display to share information. Best of all,
Wi-Drive is backed by legendary Kingston® reliability, 24/7 tech support
and a one-year warranty.
- Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature: 14°F to 158°F (-10°C to 70°C)
- Wireless Network Interface: Wi-Fi 802.11g/n with wireless security
- Rechargeable Battery: up to four hours of continuous use
- Cable: MiniUSB to USB cable included
User can upload files and content from their PC/Mac to the Wi-Drive using
the USB cable
- Convenient: pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Simple: just plug into a USB port
- App: downloadable at Apple’s App Store
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPod touch (3G is limited to iOS4.2.1+)
- Customizable Device Name (SSID)
- Supports Native iOS File Formats:
- Audio: AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video: m4v, mp4, mov, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG)
- Image: jpg, bmp, tiff
- Document: pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, xls
- Operating System Compatibility:
- Windows® 7
- Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2)
- Windows XP (SP3)
- Mac OS v.10.5.x
- Linux v.2.6.x
- Depth: 4.78"
- Height: 0.39"
- Width: 2.43"
- Unit: 0.2 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Warranty
- *Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting
and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the
actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on
the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Guide at www.kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.
- Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc.,
registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of
Apple Inc. Kingston Technology is not affiliated with Apple Inc.