JL Audio 10" W1v2 Series Mobile Subwoofer, Model 10W1V28
W1v2 Subwoofer Drivers
W1v2's are poised to establish a new standard for affordable bass excellence
thanks to technologies originally developed for our flagship W7 and W6v2 subwoofers.
These include JL Audio's patented VRC™, Elevated Frame-Cooling and Floating
Cone Attach Method™ technologies, along with an innovative, insert-molded spider
assembly with integral push-terminals and special strain-relief features.
As with JL Audio's flagship drivers, development was guided by JL Audio's proprietary
DMA modeling system to deliver outstanding dynamic stability and low-distortion
operation within their intended power envelope. Optimized for compact enclosures
and moderate power levels, and specifically engineered to reduce mounting depth,
the W1v2's open up a whole new range of application options.
An injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone with an embossed metallic
JL Audio logo provides a classy new look, while a removable (and customizable)
mounting flange trim ring receives grille-mesh inserts directly, without the
need for additional grille hardware. (Grille mesh inserts are sold separately.)
- DMA Optimized Motor System
Highly optimized motor system delivers linear motor force over a wide range
of excursion and power levels to reduce distortion.
- Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM™) (U.S. Patent #6,501,844)
Ensures proper surround geometry and moving parts alignment in the assembled
- Elevated Frame-Cooling (U.S. Patent #6,219,431)
Creates a pathway for high-velocity air to flow directly across the top-plate
and onto the voice coil.
- Surround Stress-Relief (Patent Pending)
Promotes smooth, consistent surround behavior at all excursion levels.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap (Patent Pending)
Enhances mechanical integrity and cone rigidity.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (U.S. Patent #5,734,734)
Further enhances cooling by forcing air to flow across the top of the voice
- Insert Molded Suspension / Coil / Terminal Sub-Assembly (Patent Pending)
Ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles and coil
to spider perpendicularity.
- Customizable Trim Ring (U.S. Patent #D480,709)
This removable ring accepts optional grille mesh inserts directly and can
be painted to match the installation theme.
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 26.52 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.472
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 6.115
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.438
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 1.735 cu. ft. / 49.10 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.375 in. / 9.5 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.186%
- Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 84.67 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 53.522 sq. in. / 0.0345 sq. m.
- DC Resistance (Re): 6.671 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 8 ohm
- Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 300W
- Driver Displacement: 0.025 cu. ft. / 0.71 liters
- Overall Diameter: 10.50"
- Mounting Depth: 4.34"
- Unit: 7.81 lbs
- Shipping: 8.5 lbs