JL Audio 8" Evolution ZR Series Mobile Subwoofer - ZR800CW
With more vehicles offering large door speaker locations, the time is right
for a superb 8-inch component woofer that can dig deep and deliver world-class
midbass impact and definition. New from the ground up, and incorporating many
technologies borrowed from JL Audio's subwoofer designs, the ZR800-CW will quickly
become a favorite for those who seek the ultimate mobile audio experience.
A proprietary cast alloy frame supports the ZR800-CW's DMA-optimized motor,
FEA-optimized spider, injection-molded cone body and a Santoprene surround.
Another important aspect of this speaker's capabilities centers on its oversized
1.75-inch voice coil (cooled via JL Audio's Patented Elevated Frame Technology),
which enables the ZR800-CW to comfortably handle power while retaining excellent
linearity and dynamic stability. For optimal performance, we recommend that
they be used in a tri-amplified system design with dedicated amplifier channels
and active filtering.
ZR800-CW's are built in JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
- Woofer Technology
The ZR component woofers feature technologies originally developed for JL
Audio's flagship subwoofer drivers
- Tweeter Technology
The ZR aluminum dome tweeters feature soft rubber suspensions and critically
designed motor systems to deliver incredible high frequency resolution.
- Crossover Technology
We've always been a little obsessive when it comes to crossover design...
The ZR networks take it to an entirely new level.
- Continuous Power Handling: 125 W
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 46.27 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.702
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 11.667
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.662
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 0.787 cu. ft. / 22.29 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.34 in. / 8.6 mm
- Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 87.0 db SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 33.34 sq. in. / 0.0215 sq. m
- DC Resistance (Re): 3.935 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohm
- Driver Displacement: 0.016 cu. ft. / 0.44 liters
- Overall Diameter: 8.49"
- Mouting Depth: 3.39"
- Unit: 5.7 lbs
- Shipping: 6.5 lbs