JL Audio 13.5" W3v3 Series 2 Ohm Mobile Subwoofer, Model 13W3V32
W3v3 Subwoofer Drivers
Clearly the best sounding W3's yet, these subwoofers feature DMA-optimized,
long linear excursion capability to minimize distortion and increase output.
W3v3's are available in single 2 ohm, 4 ohm and 8 ohm versions (6W3v3 available
in 4 ohm and 8 ohm only) and are superb performers at medium power levels in
compact sealed or ported enclosures.
Multiple patented technologies enhance performance and reliability. As with
JL Audio's flagship drivers, development was guided by JL Audio's proprietary
DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) modeling system to deliver outstanding dynamic
stability and low-distortion operation within their intended power envelope.
A mineral-filled polypropylene upper cone body with a metallic JL Audio logo
medallion provides a classy new look, while a removable (and customizable) mounting
flange trim ring receives grille-mesh inserts directly, without the need for
additional grille hardware. (Grille mesh inserts are sold separately.)
- DMA Optimized Motor System
DMA-optimized motor systems deliver highly consistent motor force over a long
range of stroke and input power levels.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar
JL Audio's patented Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC®) improves the rigidity
and stability of the cone/spider/voice coil junction and directs airflow over
the voice coil windings for improved thermal performance.
- Insert Molded Suspension / Coil / Terminal Sub-Assembly
Ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles and coil
to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame-Cooling
Creates a pathway for high-velocity air to flow directly across the top-plate
and onto the voice coil.
- Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM™)
Allows the cone and surround to be aligned independently of the spider/coil
assembly, improving pistonic motion.
- Surround Stress-Relief
Promotes smooth, consistent surround behavior at all excursion levels..
- Customizable Trim Ring
This removable ring accepts optional grille mesh inserts directly and can
be painted to match the installation theme.
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 24.70 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.544
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 6.936
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.504
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 4.635 cu. ft. / 131.26 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.610 in. / 15.5 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.349%
- Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 87.63 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 103.850 sq. in. / 0.0670 sq. m.
- DC Resistance (Re): 1.659 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 2 ohm
- Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 600W
- Driver Displacement: 0.096 cu. ft. / 2.72 liters
- Unit: 17.75 lbs
- Shipping: 19 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Parts And Labor