Generac Guardian Series 17 Kw Standby Generator - 6053
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities
remain powered during an outage. The most affordable automatic standby generator
on the market offers protection for half the cost of central air conditioning.
- Generac's Nexus™ Controller is the most comprehensive available.
The dual line, tri-lingual LCD display allows for easy monitoring and management
of generator functions.
- Simple field conversion from natural gas to LP.
- Generac’s OHVI® engine was designed specifically for generators.
It outperforms most competitive generator engines with an engine life that
is three to four times longer and has a significantly longer period between
scheduled maintenance checkups.
- TruePower™ Technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive
electronics and appliances.
- QuietTest™ Mode for a weekly self-test that runs quieter than
- External "At-a-Glance" indicator lights offer an easy way
to tell generator status without opening the generator enclosure.
- Added Sound Reduction with enclosures that are lined with sound reducing
foam panels for further noise reduction.
- Hour Meter monitors run time, providing information to determine
- Easiest installation on the market and an excellent value when purchased
pre-packaged with a pre-wired transfer switch, or customize your system by
purchasing the generator and transfer switch separately
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 17,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 16,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts: 70.8 LP/66.6
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 65 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Battery Requirement (not included): Group 26R 12 Volts and 525 Cold-cranking
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator operating at normal load:
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator in Quiet-Test™ low
speed exercise mode: 60
- Type of Engine: GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 992cc
- Cylinder Block: Aluminum w/Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/Magneto
- Governor System: Electronic
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: Approx. 1.9 Qts./1.8L
- Operating RPM: 3,600
- 2-Line Plain Text LCD Display: Simple user interface for ease of
- Mode Switch
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still
- Manual/Test (start): Start with starter control, unit stays on.
If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Programmable start delay between 10-30 seconds: Standard
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec.
- Engine Warm-up: 5 seconds
- Engine Cool-Down: 1 minute
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine
- Smart Battery Charger: Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection:
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown: Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown: Standard, 72Hz
- High Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank Protection: Standard
- Safety Fused: Standard
- Failure to Transfer Protection: Standard
- Low Battery Protection: Standard
- 50 Event Run Log: Standard
- Future Set Capable Exerciser: Standard
- Incorrect Wiring Protection: Standard
- Internal Fault Protection: Standard
- Common External Fault Capability: Standard
- No. of Poles: 2
- Current Rating (amps): 200
- Voltage Rating (VAC): 250
- Utility Voltage Monitor (fixed)
- Pick-up: 80%
- Dropout: 60%
- Return to Utility: approx. 13 sec.
- Exerciser weekly for 12 minutes: Standard
- UL Listed: Standard
- Enclosure Type: NEMA 3R
- Withstand Rating (Amps): 10,000
- Lug Range: 400MCM - #4
- Unit: 421 lbs
- Shipping: 470 lbs
- Length: 48"
- Height: 29"
- Width: 25"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- 2 Years Parts And Labor
- 3rd Year Parts Only