Generac Guardian Series 17kW Standby Generator - 5885
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities
remain powered during an outage. Has the ability to backup a 3-ton air conditioner,
well pump or water heater, and the main rooms of your house.
Switch Sold Seperatly
- True Power® Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Tri-lingual Digital Nexus™ Controller
- Electronic Governor
- External Main Circuit Breaker, System Status & Maintenance Interval LED
Indicators and GFCI Duplex Outlet
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Composite Mounting Pad
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- UL 2200 Listed
- Innovative Design & Prototype Testing are key components of GENERAC’S
success in “IMPROVING POWER BY DESIGN.” But it doesn’t stop there. Total commitment
to component testing, reliability testing, environmental testing, destruction
and life testing, plus testing to applicable CSA, NEMA, EGSA, and other standards,
allows you to choose GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS with the confidence that these
systems will provide superior performance.
- Solid-State, Frequency Compenstated Voltage Regulation. This state-of-the-art
power maximizing regulation system is standard on all Generac models. It provides
optimized FAST RESPONSE to changing load conditions and MAXIMUM MOTOR STARTING
CAPABILITY by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine.
An unequalled ±1% voltage regulation.
- True Power® Electrical Technology: Superior harmonics and sine wave
form produce less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion for utility quality power.
This allows confident operation of sensitive electronic equipment and micro-chip
based appliances, such as variable speed HVAC.
- Single Source Service Response from Generac’s extensive dealer network
provides parts and service know-how for the entire unit, from the engine to
the smallest electronic component.
- Generac Transfer Switches. Long life and reliability are synonymous
with GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS. One reason for this confidence is that the GENERAC
product line includes its own transfer systems and controls for total system
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP) 17,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG) 16,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts 70.8 LP/66.6 NG
- Total Harmonic Distortion Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker 65 Amp
- Phase 1
- Number of Rotor Poles 2
- Rated AC Frequency 60Hz Power Factor 1
- Battery Requirement (not included) Group 26R 12 Volts and 525 Cold-cranking
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator operating at normal load
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator in Quiet-Test™ low speed
exercise mode 60
- Type of Engine GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- Number of Cylinders 2
- Displacement 992cc
- Cylinder Block Aluminum w/Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement Overhead Valve
- Ignition System Solid-state w/Magneto
- Governor System Electronic
- Compression Ratio 9.5:1
- Starter 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter Approx. 1.9 Qts./1.8L
- Operating RPM 3,600
- Fuel Consumption
- Natural Gas
- 1/2 Load: 183
- Full Load: 261
- Liquid Propane
- ft3/hr (gal/hr) [Liter/hr]
- 1/2 Load: 59 (1.61) [6.09]
- Full Load: 94 (2.57) [9.73]
- 2-Line Plain Text LCD Display Simple user interface for ease of operation
- Mode Switch
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Manual/Test (start): Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility
fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Programmable start delay between 10-30 seconds Standard
- Engine Start Sequence Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec.
- Engine Warm-up 5 seconds
- Engine Cool-Down 1 minute
- Starter Lock-out Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine
- Smart Battery Charger Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown Standard, 72Hz
- High Temperature Shutdown Standard
- Overcrank Protection Standard
- Safety Fused Standard
- Failure to Transfer Protection Standard
- Low Battery Protection Standard
- 50 Event Run Log Standard
- Future Set Capable Exerciser Standard
- Incorrect Wiring Protection Standard
- Internal Fault Protection Standard
- Common External Fault Capability Standard
- Length: 48"
- Width: 25"
- Height: 29"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Three Year Limited