YAS101BL - Yamaha Black Low-Profile Soundbar
The YAS-101 is a slim, low-profile Sound Bar speaker system featuring the
latest AIR SURROUND XTREME technologies and a built-in powerful subwoofer that
delivers a 7.1 channel surround sound from a single unit all in a stylish, beautiful
piano black finish.
- Integrated System with Dual Front Speakers and Subwoofer
The YAS-101 soundbar combines two 2-1/2” cone speakers with a dual-driver
(3” cones) subwoofer, driven by a digital amp with a total output of 120W.
Although compact, its excellent structural design provides a large volume
enclosure for both the speakers and subwoofer. The result is powerful, high
quality sound that makes TV and movies much more enjoyable.
- Dual-Driver Subwoofer Powerfully Reproduces Bass Sounds
The dual-driver subwoofer employs large magnets and large-diameter voice coils
to realize dynamic and robust bass sound reproduction. This ensures that the
overall sound has a rich sense of presence, making movie effect sounds more
- Bass Reflex Port Contributes to Deeper, Richer Bass
The YAS-101 employs a bass reflex port that has a straight shape and adequate
length to provide outstanding bass response together with the large volume
cabinet. The duct outlet is shaped like a trumpet bell, which reduces wind
noise for better sound clarity.
- Saran Net Grille Enhances Sound Definition
The grille protecting the speaker unit is a saran net that allows unimpeded
sound flow. All sounds, including vocals and music, are clear and pleasant
to listen to.
- AIR SURROUND XTREME Provides Powerful Surround Sound
Yamaha’s exclusive AIR SURROUND XTREME reproduces 7.1-channel surround sound
with high quality, excellent imaging and rich presence, far superior to that
of any other soundbar. You’ll experience an extremely realistic and impressive
sound field, with clear dialogue in the front and dynamic sound action at
the back and sides.
- Compatible with Various Surround Sound Formats
The YAS-101 sound bar is compatible with popular surround sound formats, such
as Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Surround, so you get the full effect of multichannel
- Clear Voice Makes Dialogue and Narrations Easy to Hear
Clear Voice raises the level of dialogue and narrations while maintaining
overall sound quality. Movies and TV shows, sports commentary and news broadcasts
are more clearly audible.
- UniVolume Maintains the Same Volume Level
This welcome feature, made possible by Yamaha-developed technology, maintains
a consistent volume level between different channels, programs, commercials
and input sources. It can be switched on and off.
- Audio Delay Control (Lip Sync)
This technology adjusts the timing of the picture and dialogue.
- Jack for an Extra Subwoofer
The Subwoofer Out jack lets you connect an additional subwoofer to enjoy even
more powerful bass sound.
- Slim, Low-Profile, One-Body Design Allows Positioning in Front of a TV
With a height of only 4-1/4”, the YAS-101 can be easily positioned in front
of a TV so the soundbar straddles the TV stand. With the stand removed, the
height can be adjusted. Because both speakers and subwoofers are built in,
it fits more easily into available space than separate components.
- Can Also Be Hung on a Wall
If the TV is hanging on a wall, you can remove the stand and hang the YAS-101
on the wall as well.
- Built-in IR Flasher for TV Remote Control Signal Transmission
Even if the YAS-101 blocks the TV’s remote control signal, the IR flasher
on the back of the sound bar transmits the signal to the TV so operation is
- Learning Function Allows Operation with the TV Remote Control
The YAS-101 can “learn” the TV remote control operation, so you can use the
TV remote control to turn the YAS-101 on and off and to adjust its volume.
- Simple to Operate Remote Control Supplied
The YAS-101 remote is simple and easy to use. It lets you turn the power on
and off, adjust the volume and do other basic operations, and even lets you
switch the surround modes. Together with the Learning function, you can use
either the TV remote or the Yamaha remote for easy operation.
- Stylish Design Achieves Both Visual Beauty and Ease of Use
Although low enough to be placed neatly in front of a TV, the body is beautifully
finished with an elegantly curved front surface. It adds a stylish accent
to your entertainment area.
- Glossy Black Finish Matches Flat-Screen TVs
The front panel and top have a rich, glossy "piano black" finish that harmonizes
beautifully with the newest thin TVs, for a stylishly compact home theater
- Maximum Output Power Front L/R Subwoofer: 30 W + 30 W (6 ohms, 1
kHz, 10 % THD) 60 W (3 ohms, 100 Hz, 10 % THD)
- Front Speaker: Acoustic suspension type
- Drivers: Dual 2-1/2” full range cone
- Frequency Response: 150 Hz–20 kHz
- Subwoofer: Bass reflex type
- Drivers: Dual 3” cone
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz–150 Hz
- Input (Optical Digital / Coaxial Digital): 2 / 1
- Output (Subwoofer output / System Control): 1 / 1
- Power Consumption: 22 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Height: 4.25"
- Width: 35"
- Depth: 4.75"
- Unit: 10 lbs
- Total Shipping: 19 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts