Pioneer Blu-ray Disc Player - BDP140
New Dimension to Home Theater
The ultimate home theater experience starts with the source, the epicenter of both audio and video content, and if you are seeking uncompromised audio and video content, then the Pioneer BDP-140 is your solution. The BDP-140 is designed to elevate the home theater experience provide unrivaled picture and audio quality, improved loading times, wireless capabilities, and audio and video streaming from Pandora, YouTube, and Netflix.
The BDP-140 supports the latest high-quality formats including DTS®-HD Master Audio, Dolby® TrueHD, and Super Audio CD®. In addition to high-quality audio, the BDP-140 can upconvert standard definition video sources for 1080p resolution displays for optimum image processing that delivers clear, sharp images with reduced noise… perfect for the classics.
The real experience is in 3D
3D takes a beautifully mastered audio and visual image then surrounds you in emotion, story, and adventure. The BDP-140 offers pristine 1080p picture as well as 3D video output with the latest HDMI 1.4a spec, allowing for passage of the high data transfer rate required by the Blu-ray 3D format. True to Pioneer’s history and passion for audio, the BDP-140’s Pioneer-exclusive technologies also improve the audio experience, a critical component to completing a fully immersive 3D experience.
Full Control with a Simple Touch
For convenient control of the home theater system, Pioneer’s free iControlAV2 App turns various smartphones and tablets into fully functioning remote controls for the BDP-140. When your player is connected via Ethernet to a wireless router, the app allows users to control basic functions of the players. Pioneer’s iControlAV2 App is available for the iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® Touch and for select Android® devices.
- 1080p 24Hz 3D Blu-ray Disc® Player
- SACD®, Blu-ray Disc, DVD®, CD Playback
- Netflix®, Pandora®, Picasa®, YouTube® Online Services
- High Definition Media Playback via DLNA® 1.5 and USB®
- 3D-Compatible: The BDP-140 is fully 3D-compatible with the latest HDMI® 1.4a (with 3D, x.v. Color, Deep Color) so you can enjoy all current and upcoming 3D titles*.
- Online Streaming Content: Enjoy online content from Netflix®, YouTube®* and Pandora® when connected to the Internet.
- Enjoy a variety of content stored on a DNLA compatible media server such as Windows® 7 PCs, AndroidTM phones, etc...
- Spectactular 1080p Picture Quality: The BDP-140 provides up to 1920 x 1080p resolution at 24 fps for unrivaled picture quality.
- Fast Disc Loading
- SACD Audio Playback
- Internal Audio Decoders: Features internal decoding of the latest high definition audio formats, including Dolby® TrueHD and dts-HD® Master Audio
- Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS) Bit-Stream Multi-Channel: When used with a compatible Pioneer PQLS AV receiver via HDMI, Blu-ray Discs, DVDs and CD are precisely reproduced with minimum jitter.
- DivX Certified® to play DivX® and DivX Plus® HD (H.264/MKV) video up to 1080p HD including premium content.
- Sound Retriever Link/Stream Smoother Link
- BD-LiveTM: Enjoy a variety of up-to-date content and special features like peer to peer interactions, gaming, etc. while connected to the internet.**
- iControlAV2 App: Using our free iControlAV2 application (available for the iPhone®, iPod® touch and iPad® on the Apple® App StoreSM) you can use your Apple device to control most major functions of the BDP-140. Also Available in Android Market.
- Multi-format Compatibility: The BDP-140 supports a number of formats, including BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-R, BD9, AVCHD, DVD Video, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD+R, CD-DA, CD-RW and CD-R.
- HDMI® Output
- Composite Video Output
- Optical Digital Output
- USB Input (1 front / 1 rear)
- 2-Ch Analog Audio Output
- Power Requirements: 120 V 60 Hz
- Unit: 4.62 lbs
- Shipping: 6 lbs
- Depth: 9.8"
- Height: 2.28"
- Width: 17.2"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited
Parts And Labor
* Some titles may require a firmware update for correct playback
** BD-Live features only available on compatible discs and playable features depend on the disc contents.