Generac Guardian Series 10kW Standby Generator - 5883
- Transfer Switch Sold Seperatly
- Generac's Nexus™ Controller is the most comprehensive available.
The dual line, tri-lingual LCD display in English, Spanish, and French allows
for easy monitoring and management of generator functions.
- Simple field conversion from natural gas to LP.
- Generac’s OHVI® engine was designed specifically for generators.
It outperforms most competitive generator engines with an engine life that
is three to four times longer and has a significantly longer period between
scheduled maintenance checkups.
- TruePower™ Technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive
electronics and appliances.
- Sturdy, galvanneal steel enclosure with RhinoCoat™ finish for superior
weather protection, modeled to withstand 150 mph winds.
- External “At-a-Glance” indicator lights offer an easy way to tell
generator status without opening the generator enclosure.
- Added Sound Reduction with enclosures that are lined with sound reducing
foam panels for further noise reduction.
- Hour Meter monitors run time, providing information to determine
- Easiest installation on the market and an excellent value when purchased
pre-packaged with a pre-wired transfer switch, or customize your system by
purchasing the generator and transfer switch separately. Composite mounting
pad is included, eliminating the need to pour a concrete base.
- Innovative Design & Prototype Testing are key components of GENERAC’S
success in “IMPROVING POWER BY DESIGN.” But it doesn’t stop there. Total commitment
to component testing, reliability testing, environmental testing, destruction
and life testing, plus testing to applicable CSA, NEMA, EGSA, and other standards,
allows you to choose GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS with the confidence that these
systems will provide superior performance.
- Solid-State, Frequency Compenstated Voltage Regulation. This state-of-the-art
power maximizing regulation system is standard on all Generac models. It provides
optimized FAST RESPONSE to changing load conditions and MAXIMUM MOTOR STARTING
CAPABILITY by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine.
An unequalled ±1% voltage regulation.
- True Power® Electrical Technology: Superior harmonics and sine wave
form produce less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion for utility quality power.
This allows confident operation of sensitive electronic equipment and micro-chip
based appliances, such as variable speed HVAC.
- Single Source Service Response from Generac’s extensive dealer network
provides parts and service know-how for the entire unit, from the engine to
the smallest electronic component.
- Generac Transfer Switches. Long life and reliability are synonymous
with GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS. One reason for this confidence is that the GENERAC
product line includes its own transfer systems and controls for total system
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP) 10,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG) 9,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts 41.6LP/37.5 NG
- Total Harmonic Distortion Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker 45 Amp
- Phase 1
- Number of Rotor Poles 2
- Rated AC Frequency 60Hz
- Power Factor 1
- Battery Requirement (not included) Group 26R 12 Volts and 525 Cold-cranking
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator operating at normal load
- Type of Engine GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- Number of Cylinders 2
- Displacement 530cc
- Cylinder Block Aluminum w/Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement Overhead Valve
- Ignition System Solid-state w/Magneto
- Governor System Electronic
- Compression Ratio 9.5:1
- Starter 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter Approx. 1.7 Qts./1.6L
- Operating RPM 3,600
- Fuel Consumption
- Natural Gas
- 1/2 Load: 102
- Full Load: 156
- Liquid Propane
- ft3/hr (gal/hr) [Liter/hr]
- 1/2 Load: 46 (1.25) [4.73]
- Full Load: 70 (1.93) [7.31]
- 2-Line Plain Text LCD Display Simple user interface for ease of operation
- Mode Switch
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Manual/Test (start): Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility
fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Programmable start delay between 10-30 seconds Standard
- Engine Start Sequence Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec. maximum
- Engine Warm-up 5 seconds
- Engine Cool-Down 1 minute
- Starter Lock-out Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine has
- Smart Battery Charger Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown Standard, 72Hz
- High Temperature Shutdown Standard
- Overcrank Protection Standard
- Safety Fused Standard
- Failure to Transfer Protection Standard
- Low Battery Protection Standard
- 50 Event Run Log Standard
- Future Set Capable Exerciser Standard
- Incorrect Wiring Protection Standard
- Internal Fault Protection Standard
- Common External Fault Capability Standard
- Length: 48"
- Height: 29"
- Width: 25"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Three Year Limited
|A/C Rated Output||10,000 Watts|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Gal.)||3|
|Warranty||3 Year Limited|
| || |
Generac Guardian Series 10kW Standby Generator
UPC Code: 696471058833
Special Order: 2 To 4 Weeks
* Clicking any of the above pricing links will bring you to the listed merchant's site. Abt relies on an independent third party service to update comparative prices automatically and are not responsible for any unintentional errors.
Delivery is subject to reasonable access to the area without damaging the purchaser's property or the product, or jeopardizing the safety of the delivery personnel.
More reasons to buy the Generac 5883 from Abt Electronics
- Abt.com is an authorized dealer (Learn More).
- The Generac 5883 is Brand New.
- The Generac 5883 Ships in a Factory Sealed Box.