Le Creuset Black Stoneware Pie Bird Funnel - PG18750431
The pie bird keeps bottom crusts from becoming soggy, and prevents pies from
boiling over in the oven.
The pie bird may be old-fashioned, but this time-honored baker's tool has turned
out countless delicious pies over the course of centuries. The hollow pie bird
vents steam from the filling as it cooks, preventing the contents from boiling
over. Arches on the bottom redirect excess moisture to keep the bottom crust
from becoming soggy. The top crust will be held in place, and your oven will
be free of spills.
- High-quality exterior enamel protects against metal marks and other damage
- Hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 2192ºF
is safe for cutting on with knives
- Unmatched thermal resistance from -65ºF to 500ºF — safe for
the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Less than 1% porosity, blocking moisture absorption which can lead to cracking,
crazing and rippling along the interior
- Unique clay mixture creates a very dense material when fired, maintaining
even temperatures and preventing scorching
- Resistant to staining and flavor/odor absorption
- A virtually nonstick glazed interior that easily releases foods for quick
- A perfectly color-matched palette of bold, consistent tones for easy mixing
and matching with other Le Creuset products
- Height: 5"
- Width: 1.5"
- Depth: 1.5"