Spirit Fitness Exercise Bike, Model XBR55
Durable, comfortable, and smooth are all qualities of the Spirit semi-recumbent
bikes. Easy adjustments, bright LCD screens, a cooling fan, and mesh back seats
are standard on all models.
The XBR55 10 year parts warranty rivals any in the industry. Your investment
ensures peace of mind knowing that you have a quality built product with a long
term commitment from us should you need service down the road.
- Console Feedback
All pertinent information is displayed during the workout and a summary of
accumulated data scrolls when you have finished.
- Cooling Fan
Cooling fans that swivel are standard on all of our fitness bikes. This
may just be the reason you extend your workout by a few minutes.
- Muscle Activation Profile
It’s important to understand which muscle groups are gaining the most benefit
during your workout. On our fitness bikes, you will be using your glute (bottom),
hamstring (back of your thigh), quad (thigh), and calf muscles. The LED lights
will activate in three degrees of engagement: Green represents minimal muscle
involvement, Amber for medium involvement, and Red, full or heavy involvement.
Use this quick reference to challenge yourself during your workout.
- Heart Rate Profile
Heart Rate training is proven to be one of the best ways to measure your workout.
Our Heart Rate % Profile gives you a quick reference of your % compared to
maximum projected heart rate. The LED lights up in Amber for 50-60%, Green
for 65% to 80%, and Red for 85%+.
- MP3 Audio Jack & Speakers
We know how important it is to be able to enjoy your favorite music as you
workout, so we included an MP3 audio jack for you to plug in your choice of
MP3 player or cell phone. (Adapter cord provided)
- Remote Adjustment Keys
The user has the ability to adjust the resistance level from the handlebars
on each side of the seat.
Typically in any industry, frame construction quality increases as the price
point increases. Not so with XBR series. The XBR25 frame is as durable as
the other two models.
The seat is a high durometer foam pad, while the back rest is a nylon mesh
that allows air flow for added comfort.
There is a cable activated lever located on the left side of the seat that
allows you to adjust the seat location while seated.
- Foot Pedals
The 2° of inversion of each pedal places your body into an anatomically correct
position throughout the workout.
There are transport wheels integrated into the front floor support tube
for ease of repositioning. Simply lift and tilt the front end to roll the
unit to your desired location.
- Console: 7.5" Blue Backlit LCD w/ Integrated Reading Rack
- Console Feedback: RPM, Calories, Time, Distance, Pulse, Level, METs,
Segment Time, Program Name, Watts, and Laps
- Heart: Contact & Telemetric; heart Rate Strap included
- Resistance: 20 Levels, Electronically-Controlled Magnetic Brake
- Drive Train: 8-Groove Poly-V Belt w/Self-Tensioner
- Power: 24V AC
- Flywheel: 24 lbs., Steel
- Seat: High density foam with reclining Mesh Back
- Adjustment: Cable-Activated Lever for Fore/Aft Seat
- Crank: 3-Piece, Cold-Forged Steel, Case-Hardened Axle & Commercial-Grade
- Frame: Commercial-Grade Structural Steel w/ Durable Powder-Coat Paint
- Maximum User Weight: 350 lbs.
- Hill: This program follows a triangle or pyramid type of gradual
progression from approximately 10% of maximum effort (the level that you chose
before starting this program) up to a maximum effort which lasts for 10% of
the total workout time, then a gradual regression of resistance back to approximately
10% of maximum effort.
- Fat Burn: This program follows a quick progression up to the maximum
resistance level (default or user input level) that is sustained for 2/3 of
the workout. This program will challenge your ability to sustain your energy
output for an extended period of time.
- Cardio: This program presents a quick progression up to near maximum
resistance level (default or user input level). It has slight fluctuations
up and down to allow your heart rate to elevate, and then recover repeatedly,
before beginning a quick cool down. This will build up your heart muscle and
increase blood flow and lung capacity.
- Strength: This program has a gradual progression of resistance up
to 100% of maximum effort that is sustained for 25% of workout duration. This
will help build strength and muscular endurance in the lower body and glutes.
A brief cool down follows.
- Interval: This program takes you through high levels of intensity
followed by recovery periods of low intensity. This program utilizes and develops
your “Fast Twitch” muscle fibers which are used when performing tasks that
are intense and short in duration. These deplete your oxygen level and spike
your heart rate, followed by periods of recovery and heart rate drop to replenish
oxygen. Your cardiovascular system gets programmed to use oxygen more efficiently.
- Manual: The Manual program works as the name implies, manually. This
means that you control the workload and not the computer.
- User (2x): Two people can store personal information and design a
custom program that can be saved for future use. You decide what the resistance
will be for each segment of the program.
- Heart Rate (2x): Designed to help keep you within 3-5 heart beats
of your target heart rate % by automatically increasing or decreasing the
resistance level. Heart Rate 1 has a 60% (better for a fat loss goal) of projected
heart rate maximum default. Heart Rate 2 has an 80% (better for a cardiovascular
conditioning goal) of projected heart rate maximum default.
- Unit: 124 lbs.
- Shipping: 140 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Frame: Lifetime
- Brake: Lifetime
- Parts: 10 Years
- Labor: 1 Year