Escort Radar/Laser, Red Light and Speed Camera Detector - 8500CIPLUS
- PASSPORT 8500ci Plus™ Custom Installed Radar/Laser, Red Light and Speed
Camera Detector with Patented Speed & Location Intelligence™ The all-new
PASSPORT 8500ci Plus provides blistering protection for all radar bands and
ultimate laser protection with optional Laser Shifters. GPS technology allows
you to lock out false alerts at the touch of a finger and it comes pre-loaded
with ESCORT’s award-winning DEFENDER™ Database of red light cameras, speed
cameras and speed traps.
- Based on award-winning radar and laser detection technology, the 8500ci
has four easy-to-install components and is fully compatible with ESCORT
Laser Shifter™ Pack.
- Discreet Installation The all-new PASSPORT 8500ci Plus incorporates
the performance of the industry’s best windshield model, the PASSPORT 8500
X50, into a total built-in discreet defense system. The waterproof Radar/Laser
sensor is mounted in the front grill, while the miniature display controller
mounts easily in the vehicle’s interior. The result is no visible cords and
no unwanted attention.
- SuperCharged Radar Protection PASSPORT 8500ci Plus’s patented antenna
design provides long-range protection against all known radar and laser guns,
including “instant-on” and the elusive “POP” mode.
- GPS Intelligence The PASSPORT 8500ci Plus uses our patented GPS technology
to lockout false alarms, (automatic door openers and security motion sensors)
by exact location and frequency. The result is the most accurate reporting
of real threats in the industry.
- Laser “Shifter” Compatible Need more laser protection in your area?
Simply add our optional Laser “Shifters” for the ultimate defense. These remarkable
“Shifters” provide the ultimate defense, confusing targeting laser guns automatically
once a laser signal is received. Ask for more details. (“Shifting” may not
be legal in your area. Check local laws before activating.)
- Crystal-Clear Voice Alerts PASSPORT 8500ci Plus’s unique voice alerts
provide crystal clear communications for alerts and menu options. Safety Camera
Data PASSPORT 8500ci Plus comes preloaded with our exclusive DEFENDER™ Database,
which is packed with thousands of safety camera locations, including red light
cameras, speed cameras and known speed traps located throughout North America.
Updates to the DEFENDER™ Database are available through our website. You can
also add your own hot spots by using the “Mark Location” feature. Once marked,
the PASSPORT 8500ci Plus will provide a unique alert so you’re not caught
- Mark Location The Mark Location feature allows you to mark any location
for future reference. Once marked, the 8500ci Plus will provide an alert,
accompanied by the label you assigned to it, on the display.
- TrueLock The TrueLock feature allows you to block know false alerts.
- Speed-Based Radar Performance PASSPORT 8500ci Plus's unique AutoSensitivity
mode varies radar sensitivity based on your vehicle’s speed. The result is
maximum radar performance when you need it most.
- Cruise Alert The Cruise Alert (CRU) button allows you to modify audible
radar and laser alerts when traveling within specified speeds (selectable
options range from 30–95 mph).
- Exclusive ExpertMeter™ ExpertMeter™ tracks and displays up to eight
- Exclusive SpecDisplay™ SpecDisplay™ provides actual numeric frequency
for any radar signal.
- User-Selectable Preferences Once installed, PASSPORT 8500ci Plus
is ready to use. However, you can also customize it for your unique driving
- High-Resolution Display PASSPORT 8500ci Plus’s miniature display
provides a multitude of installation options. Easy-to-read visual alerts and
access to user preferences are clearly visible at a glance.
- Brightness Control The PASSPORT 8500ci Plus offers 5-levels of display
brightness, including Full Dark mode for discreet night driving.
- Proprietary TSR Software Our exclusive software eliminates false
alerts from radar-based traffic sensors.
- X-band 10.525 GHz ±25 MHz
- K-band 24.150 GHz ±100 MHz
- Ka-band 34.700 GHz ±1300 MHz
- Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth (Optional Laser Shifting)
Radar Receiver/Detector Type
- Superheterodyne, GaAs FET VCO
- Scanning Frequency Discriminator
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- 4-bit high-resolution A-to-D converter
- Quantum Limited Video Receiver
- Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
- HP AlGaAs 280 LED Matrix/Text
- Bar Graph, ExpertMeter and SpecDisplay
- Automatic brightness control, plus four levels of fixed brightness, including
- Highway, AutoSensitivity and Auto NoX
- Auto Calibration Circuitry
- Complete VG2 Immunity
What's In The Box:
- A comprehensive Owner’s Manual
- Installation Guide
- Miniature Display Controller
- front-mounted Radar/Laser Receiver
- 12-volt Interface module with Amplified Speaker
- GPS antenna
- bi-color LED
- Download Cable and all mounting hardware
- Unit: 1 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Display/Controller: 0.59 H x 3.32 W x 1.06 D
- Interface: .83" x 3.90" x 3.61"
- Receiver Unit: 1.78" x 3.14" x 4.18"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts