Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM Standard Zoom Camera Lens - EFS1755
To meet user demands for a fast EF-S zoom lens, Canon has specially designed
a new lens with a large aperture of f/2.8 for select Canon Digital SLR cameras.*
The large circular aperture produces a shallow depth-of-field, creating background
blur that draws attention to the photographic subject. The lens construction
includes UD and aspherical elements, which deliver impressive image quality
throughout the entire zoom range. Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate
for camera movement so that the image appears steady on the image plane, ensuring
clear, crisp images, even in dim light. With a Ring-type USM, inner focusing
and new AF algorithms, this lens achieves autofocus quickly and quietly, and
with full-time mechanical manual focusing, manually adjusting the focus is possible
even in AF mode.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 17-55mm 1:2.8
- Lens Construction 19 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View 78°30' - 27°50'
- Focus Adjustment AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance 1.15 ft. / 0.35m
- Zoom System 5-group helical zoom (front group moves: 27mm)
- Filter Size 77mm
- Diameter: 3.3"
- Length: 4.4"
- Unit: 1 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs