Le Creuset Flame Heritage Tarte Tatin Dish - L21292502
The inverted handles on this unique dish are designed to delicately turn out
upside-down cakes, fruit pies and the classic French pastry known as tarte tatin.
Legend has it that this beloved dessert originated in the kitchen of the Tatin
sisters, who operated a hotel in the French town of Lamotte-Beuvron. While making
a pie for guests, one sister mistakenly placed the prepared apples in the dish
first. She decided to lay the pastry crust on top, and turn it out after it
finished baking. The result was unsual, but delicious, and it became the signature
dish of Hotel Tatin.
Named for this famous French upside-down apple tarte, the enameled cast iron
Tarte Tatin is a capable alternative for a variety of recipes like pizza and
quiche when used in place of a conventional pie dish.
- Inverted handles for flipping the dish to release contents
- Shallow design for baking traditional pastries, pies and quiches
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Durable, nonreactive sand-colored interior enamel
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- Capacity: 2 Qt
- Material: Cast Iron
- Piece Count: 1
- Recommended for: Tarte Tatin, Pizza, Souffle
- Heat Source: Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Broiler,
Oven & Stovetop Cooking
- Cleaning: Dishwasher Safe