Apple 8GB White 4th Generation iPod Touch - MD057LLA
iPod touch takes fun to the next level. It now comes in two colors: black and
white. It includes iOS 5, which gives you over 200 exciting new features. And
with iCloud, whatever’s on your iPod touch is automatically on your other
The Apple MD057LL/A 8GB 4th Generation White iPod Touch is a must have for anyone who believes in living life to the fullest. A great medium of entertainment, the iPod Touch with FaceTime gives you the feeling that you are right in the middle of the fun even though you may be at the other end of the world. You can share all those crazy and amazing moments in your life by recording it in high definition with the iPod Touch Camera. This small wonder also takes mobile gaming to a new level as it lets you invite your friends to play. You can also play with opponents from other end of the globe with the multiplayer option. The music player has a Genius app that creates a playlist for you based on your favorite song, be it R&B, hip-hop, or Jazz. Loaded with many other amazing features the Apple 4th Gen iPod Touch is the refreshing new face of entertainment.
- iCloud - iCloud stores your music, photos, documents, and more and
wirelessly pushes them to all your devices. Automatic, effortless, and seamless
— it just works.
- FaceTime - Some things are just better explained face-to-face. Even
when you’re miles apart. On the front of iPod touch is a built-in camera
perfect for making FaceTime video calls.1 Your smile, your laugh,
your gasps, your “sad panda” face, even what’s in front of
you. Your friend sees it all, live and in full effect.
- HD Video Recording - iPod touch features a second camera on the back,
which lets you shoot amazing 720p HD video. And with its advanced backside
illumination sensor, it captures beautiful footage even in low-light settings.
All while the built-in microphone records conversations, music, or any audio
at the same time.
- Retina Display - There are lots of reasons you won’t want to
take your eyes off iPod touch. The 960-by-640 backlit LCD display, for one.
It packs 326 pixels per inch, making it the highest-resolution iPod screen
ever. To achieve this, Apple engineers developed pixels so small — a
mere 78 micrometers across — that the human eye can’t distinguish
individual pixels. Even though you can’t see them, you’ll definitely
notice the difference they make. Text is remarkably sharp and graphics are
- AirPlay - Your music, photos, and video — a.k.a. all the great
stuff on your iPod touch — can stream wirelessly to an HDTV and speakers.
A feature called AirPlay makes it happen. It works with AirPlay-enabled speakers
or Apple TV on a Wi-Fi network.2 Just tap the AirPlay icon on iPod
touch and blast some tracks, crack up over photos, or have a YouTube-a-thon.
- Music + iTunes - When iPod came on the scene years ago, it was all
about music. iPod touch is the evolution of that first iPod, but one thing
remains the same: It’s still about music. With up to 64GB of storage
capacity,3 iPod touch lets you keep thousands of songs with you
all the time. And when your favorite artist drops an album, or you’re
feeling like it’s time for some new music, the iTunes Store is just a
- Games + Apps - It’s hard to be bored when you have instant access
to over 500,000 apps. Available in almost every category, they’re just
a tap away at the App Store. And when it comes to games and entertainment
titles — over 100,000 and counting — no other platform comes close
to iPod touch. Which probably explains why it’s the world’s most
popular portable gaming device.
- Really long battery life.
The Apple A4 chip inside iPod touch is incredibly power efficient. You get
up to 40 hours of music playback and up to 7 hours of video playback.* So
all the fun you have on iPod touch might even outlast you.
- iOS - Running the show on every iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad is iOS.
It lets you browse, read, and see everything just by touching the screen.
It also includes all the fun, powerful, and innovative built-in apps you use
every day, many times a day. And the latest version, iOS 5, is packed with
over 200 exciting new features that will make you say, “Best. iPod. Ever.”
Here are a few of our favorite new features in iOS 5:
Now you can be all “I was all…” and “She was all…”
all you want. Send unlimited text messages to any iOS 5 device free over
Wi-Fi with iMessage.
- Notification Center
You’re about to beat the final boss. Now’s not the time for
an alert to get in the way. And it won’t, thanks to Notification
- Game Center
Get ready to rumble. Game Center lets you play against friends and people
you don’t know. And it recommends new games and new opponents.
- iCloud - Thanks to iCloud, your iPod touch has an even tighter bond
with your Mac or PC (and your iPhone or iPad). iCloud stores your music, apps,
games, latest photos, and more and makes them accessible on your other devices.
And it keeps your email, contacts, and calendars up to date across them, too.
It’s all automatic. There’s no syncing required, no management required,
no anything required. iCloud does the work for you.4
- AirPrint - Whether it’s tickets to a movie or a photo of you
and your girlfriend, you can print it right from iPod touch over Wi-Fi.5
There’s no software to download and install, and no cables to connect.
With a few taps, you can go from viewing something on iPod touch to holding
a printed copy.
- Built-In Apps - iPod touch gives you serious game. But there are
so many other things you can do with it that are just as entertaining. Make
a FaceTime call to your best friend. Shoot HD video of your favorite band.
Take and post plenty of planking photos. Check out your go-to celebrity gossip
blogs. All this and you can check email, watch a movie, listen to music, and
more. Impressed? That’s just how iPod touch rolls.
- Messages with iMessage
Your two-thumb typing skills are about to be put to some serious use.
Say h-e-l-l-o to iMessage, the new text messaging service for all iOS
5 users. It’s free over Wi-Fi, so you can say as much as you want,
and then say more. iMessage also lets you send a picture, share a video,
or text a location. This is definitely going to have people talking.
- Game Center
Game Center on iPod touch lets you add more players to your gaming network.
Invite friends to join. Then totally dominate them. See how your score
ranks against your friends and other players of each game. Compare achievements.
Put together a select group of friends to play with or have Game Center
suggest some new friends based on the games you play. You can even choose
to go up against people you don’t know in a multiplayer game. So
get in the game. And get your friends in it, too.
- App Store
Tap App Store and you’ll find over 500,000 apps — including
over 100,000 game and entertainment titles. With more added every day.
Thanks to iCloud, new apps you buy on your iPod touch automatically download
to your iPad or iPhone.2 There are apps for anything and everything —
from giving videos you shoot a vintage feel to letting you take on the
role of a cunning secret agent. You can download them fast. Many of them
are free. And all of them make your iPod touch that much more can’t-live-without-able.
Your favorite movies and TV shows are now playing on a subway train
or plane near you. Because you can buy or rent movies and purchase your
favorite TV shows right on iPod touch. Shop the iTunes Store and choose
from thousands of must-see titles.
Safari on iPod touch now includes Reader, a handy feature that removes
annoying ads so you can read articles without distractions. Want to read
a story but don’t have time? Add it to Reading List and read it later.
iCloud keeps your Reading List updated across all your devices, in case
you want to check out the story on your Mac or iPad instead.
A new feature called Reminders makes iPod touch seem like a sticky note
come to life. Create a list for whatever you don’t want to forget
— homework assignments to finish, chores to do, concert tickets to
buy. Set a deadline and Reminders will send you a notification to keep
you on track.
- Find My iPod touch
You know your iPod touch is here somewhere because you had it like 10
minutes ago. Don’t freak out. Find My iPod touch was made for situations
like this. When you first get your iPod touch, set up Find My iPod touch.
Then if you misplace it, you can find its approximate location on a map.
Display a message or play a sound to help you find it. You can even remotely
wipe it clean of your personal information, if you need to.4
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
- Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR
- Maps-location based service
- Nike + iPod support built in
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch
Cameras, photos, and video
- Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still
photos (960 x 720) with back camera
- VGA-quality photos and video up to 30 frames per second with the front
- Tap to control exposure for video or stills
- Photo and video geo tagging over Wi-Fi
Input and output
- 30-pin dock connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker
External buttons and controls
- Volume up/down
Battery and power
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Playback time
- Music playback time: Up to 40 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 7 hours when fully charged
- Charging times: Fast charge in about 2 hours (80% capacity), full charge
in about 4 hours.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
TV and video
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with
AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple
Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio
in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second,
audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p
and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite
AV Cable (cables sold separately)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access3
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.5.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with
Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.5 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)7
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- Language Support
English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional),
French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian,
Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay,
Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak,
Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Keyboard Support
English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Wubihua),
Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Wubihua), French,
French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland),
Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan,
Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish,
Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian,
Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil),
Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Tibetan,
Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Dictionary Support
English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional),
French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German, Italian, Japanese
(Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech,
Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi,
Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese,
Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian,
What's In The Box:
- iPod touch
- Dock Connector to USB Cable
- Quick Start guide
- Unit: 0.60 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Depth: 0.28"
- Height: 4.4"
- Width: 2.3"