Martin Logan Cherrywood Motion LX16 Bookshelf Speakers - LX16GDCL
The Motion LX16 extends the award-winning Motion Series sound to a more traditional
bookshelf package, featuring MartinLogan's advanced resolution Folded Motion™
tweeter, a low-distortion 5.25-inch high-excursion black-aluminum woofer, and
low-turbulence rear-firing bass port for extended bass performance.
Inspired by MartinLogan's ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion®
Series was created to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home
theater or stereo. MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted
the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line
that seamlessly blends our exquisite Folded Motion™ transducers with powerful,
compact bass technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning
dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
- Minimalistic Design Featuring Luxurious Real-Wood
For the Motion LX16, MartinLogan's signature perforated steel grille appears
to float in front of the solidly constructed 3/4-inch thick MDF cabinets.
Hidden discretely underneath the grille, the drivers are held securely in
place by a solid, black-anodized brushed aluminum baffle. Folded Motion tweeters
and woofers are seamlessly blended with an advanced topology crossover network
featuring polypropylene and low-DF electrolytic capacitors, custom wound inductors,
and thermal and current protection. The Motion LX Series also features recessed
custom 5-way binding posts for connection versatility.
- High-Gloss Finishes
The Motion LX16 is available in two luxurious high-gloss finishes; Piano Black
or Black Cherrywood. Our new high-gloss black cherrywood finish has deep cherry
undertones and appears almost black in low light, giving them a unique and
understated elegance that blends into any environment.
- Frequency Response 60-25kHz
- Sensitivity: 92 dB @ 2.83 V/m
- Nominal Impedance: 5 ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 ohm rated amplifiers
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-200 watts per channel
- Low Frequency Driver: 5.25" (13.3cm) black aluminum cone with cast
- Low Frequency Driver Properties: Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber
format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Cabinet: Ported
- Crossover Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate
inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors
in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Binding Post Inputs: Custom 5-way binding posts
- Mounting Options: Include wall bracket, or aftermarket bracket (using
1/4 x 20 threaded insert on back of speaker)
- Unit: 12 lbs
- Shipping: 24 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
Features and Specifications are subject to change without notice.